Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

ways to make money (in the millions)?

- - - - - make millions money ways

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Omera

Omera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
hello all! since i found out i can't make much money from selling arties and such, what other ways are there to make money besides PK? even if it requires GMing my warrior, ill do it. please include details on what my stats should be and how high my skills should be.
edit: i have a tradeskill char if thats required
Posted Image

toplessphoenix

toplessphoenix

Holding on to My Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
There are many ways to make money in uo, but it will prolly take you some time to get your first mil or so, so be patient, grasshopper. You can use your tradeskill character to do bods to get rewards, and also to sell and trade the bods, (not sure which are the best, haven't done them in a looooong time, so maybe someone here can elaborate on that) ancient wyrms and artic ogre lords are good, and there is no set stat or skill needed, if you have some training you should be ok, if you are worried, then take a friend for the first few times. like i said though, there are many many ways to do it. but patientce is a virtue, (should be one of the 8 virtues lol)
I don't have issues......I have volumes!!:o

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
in my experience, you need money to make money. meaning buy items that sell,for cheaper then the going rate. then either sell them in luna or on a vender at a well traveled vendor mall. btw, minor arties are pretty much worthless(for resale) but major atries can bring in a good profit. hope that made sence/helped:)

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Omera

Omera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
don't BODs take forever to make?
how will i make money off of arctic ogre lords/ancient wyrms? sell the loot? won't i get beaten into the ground?
Posted Image

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
whats your skills, bards and mages should have no problem with the ogre lords..... but i wouldn't do a ancient wyrm unless your an expireced player/bard. both of those monsters give good amounts of gold, aswell as some good items from time to time.

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Since you don't have finished characters decked out in the best equipment, you could always find Healers that will buy bandages at a decent price (anything above 4gp) and run to tailor shops with low priced bolts of cloth (under 120gp) and buy bolts, cut them into bandages, and sell those to the Healers. At 120gp each bandage (50) costs you 2.4gp and if you sell them at anything over 4gp you will make a decent profit. This is slow, and easier done with a mage so you can mark runes.

Or if you want to make gold off of killing stuff, I'd go with either Ratmen or Centaurs. They drop a little gold, but the arrows are where the real gold is at. You could either sell the arrows to NPCs (normally above 17gp each) or collect enough to stock a vendor (commodity deeds for 1000 each).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Copenhagen

Copenhagen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I agree with Nevaeh, need money to make money at least when it comes to millions at a time.....but other ways would be to hunt in doom for artifacts but that isn't exactly easy, i think the safest way i found when i was starting out was to buy items in bulk like regents, bottles, scrolls that people didn't want to spend the time getting then sell them at a mark up.(try finding a town with faction vendors with lowered taxes to make a little extra)...or gathering recourses such as leather, ingots, lumber and selling them in bulk very easy, pretty safe and low cost overhead...other ways would be to do BODs but that is a slow processes unless you do alot of trading and have a lot of smith/tailors...some low level artifacts still bring in good money but there is risks, some of the arts that come off say the miasma type monsters can still sell from 100k-1mill depending...
hope that helps ya some

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
In my time in U.O i hav ecome to realizes thats just like in real life money has to be earned and there is no sure-fire way or get rich quick scheme..so my philosophy is to hack,slash,pick up trash,make bods what ever your comfy with and you will be victorious in your quest.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Ways to make money 101:
1) Resources.
Boards- Too many macroers to really make any money any more from plain boards.

Ingots- Due to BODS, there is a never ending need for these, any color.

Leather - Same as ingots.

Cloth (wool from sheep)- Needed for BODS, and GM tailor.

Arrows- Gather from Arrow dropping creatures, sell to players. Never ending demand

Powder of Translocation. Once you master this quest, you can average 1k powder a day, or 100k a day (depending on shard price).

Bags of Sending. Cannot be insured, and get used up, so there is always a market for these. Quest can be done quickly.

2) Player made goods
Rune books. There is always a need for pre-made runebooks (Cities, dungeons, quests). You can buy other player made books and fill them yourself (economical), or GM inscription and make your own books.

Arrows. Go to swoops on your shard, litter pick the swoops and cut them for feathers. Then get out your LJ and chop boards.

Recall scrolls. With the prevalence of different templates, these are in large demand. Takes a bit of start up capital.

Bulk Reagents. Start up capital needed. Vendor needed.

Potion Kegs. I don't recommend this, as the cost of materials usually is MORE than you can sell the finished keg for.

Lockpicks. A by-product of getting to GM tinker, these as always in demand in large quantities.

Runic kit goods. Buy shadow hammers and oak runic / fletching kits (cheap). Make weapons for slayer property only. These always sell well, especially slayer bows with double slayer properties.

3) Monster hunting.
I cannot advise you on what to hunt for the greatest GPH (gold per hour) unless I know more about your template, skill in playing, and equipment.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
If it was a simple as saying, "do this, this, and this" to make money, we'd all be millionaires in the game.

Making money in this game takes work, and once you've worked and made money, then you can be one of those living the "it takes money to make money" good life.

There aren't really any short cuts, except to make friends with really rich people.

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Like people have been saying, gather raw materials. I mostly harvested ingots and leathers when I first started. Selling these are great ways to get money because they're also needed by other players. When you get a stronger fighter, try to step-up to multi-task this gathering, i.e. I hunt white wyrms which drop 1k in gold, 7 scales, and 22 barbed leather, all of which add up for a lot of money. Not to mention the jewels they also drop that can be resold.

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
here is a method where you need nothing other than a repond slayer. Go to the trogdylite cave, sit in the area where they spawn 2 at a time. collect gold. You can easily make 25k in about 10min, and so on. plus you get alot of wooden armor that can be enhanced to say 4hpr.

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
If you are both quick of reflex and lucky, you might be able to place a keep or castle and sell that virtual property for "big gp". Sometimes the loot can be worth millions. Rares, arties, runics, and resources garnered from IDOC houses are also moneymakers. Even new characters can do it.

Granted, 'tis getting harder to do with scripters and field throwers/ water barrel droppers trying to thwart even the honest players. Just took one fortuitous big empty spot after all the idoc'erss left with only the loot from an 18x18 that decayed to net me a keep that sold for 50 mil. It takes a little magery skill to mark runes or invis, stats worked to high strength to increase load capacity, hiding skill, some packies, a house placement tool (with almost 900k gp in the bank to build a castle), and lots of patience waiting for the inevitable drop.

Whichever means you try to make your virtual fortune, whether by pvping, thieving, crafting, merchandising goods/rares, looting monsters, or roleplaying...do it only to have fun. Then it will feel like you've accomplished a goal, even if all it took was dumb luck.:)
Posted Image

Bill

Bill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
The answer is pretty simple I think, get in with a peerless guild or form one of dedicated good players yourself. Do the research and figure out how to do them all if you dont know how to do them already. This is a quick and easy way to get money thats alot of fun as well!

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I used to sell pre-marked rune books, and translocation powder. I made millions on it. It is not super fast money but is very steady, dependable, money. (and the Solen are so much fun to kill!)

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
My advice is find the auction houses on your shard and start going to them. Most decent auctions have lots of giveaways to get people to show up. If you train up magery, some will even pay you to Gate people to the auciton house or help advertise. And basically, dont try to scam people cause word of mouth travels at the speed of ICQ and forums around here :D

Omera

Omera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
i made my first sale of 100 trans powder (still got 100 more in my vender) for 60k :)
Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Nice! Congrats!

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
I would cernter myself on this quest until you can do it twice while your sleeping.

once you hit that point, branch out into resource collecting. Let me know where in skills youre tradesman is at and I will have better advice on which resources...

Posted Image

mistressmarabeth

mistressmarabeth

Someone has been eating the Play-Doh again...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
I like the solens as well. I equip myself with 1 water pitcher filled 10 times, 5 seeds that I don't need, and a bag of sending. I start with the rare seed quest (you get from the naturalist in the lycaeum [nw of moonglow bank you'll find the teleporter]). After I finish the rare seed quest 5 times, I go to the black solen tunnels by wind and kill enough solen there to gather about 800 mushrooms. You also get a ton of gems that are very lightweight and most can be sold back to jewelers for 80-180 gold each. With my pack full of mushrooms I go and get the powder of translocation quest and just recall back and forth to kill the required 7 black solen, contribute to the water of the hive, trade 200 mushrooms for 100 powder, accept the quest again, go fill my pitcher at a magic wave, and repeat until I am out of mushrooms. Then I get the ambitious queen quest and go kill red queens in the tunnels. If you can sneak around a bit, you should try to do this one in fel like I do. The queen spawn is neverending (in tram you sometimes have to wait like 5 minutes for the next queen to spawn), and you can do the quest 5-10 times in 30 minutes. The whole time continue to gather all the gold and gems and the queens have a chance of dropping the pet summoning balls and picnic baskets that people are always wanting. The only problem that I have found is running into PKers outside the entrance of the tunnel when you leave with your 5-10 bags of sending, but this has only happened to me once in the past 6 months or so. Just try not to go at peak times and always send the gold and pet balls and your extra mushrooms etc to the bank before you leave the tunnel just in case and you should be ok. I then do the powder quest 1 more time; from all the other solens that I have killed I usually have 200+ more mushrooms to get another 100 powder. When you get your routine down you can get 10 bags of sending, 1000 powder, and however many pet balls you were lucky enough to get (plus your gold and gems that you looted) in less than an hour. If you do the whole routine in fel it will take you even less time. I sell my loot for this = 10 bags of sending for 250,000 (10x25keach), the 1000 powder for 500,00 (100 powder for 50,000 gold X 10) , the 5 rare seeds for 25,000 and add to it however many pet balls you got at 20,000 gold each and that means even if you only get 1 pet ball you can sell the whole kit and caboodle on uoauction for 1million! Put it up there for 1 or 2 days and you will almost always have someone buy it. And that doesn't include all the gold and gems that you looted! You could also grow the rare plants yourself and sell them for more if you can get them to fully grown decorative plants! I hope that this made sense to you. If you have any questions let me know and I'll be glad to help you out! If you play on Great Lakes I can show you all the locations and mark you a runebook of them. Good luck!:cheesy:
Pixie Sticks.....for kids who can't afford heroin.=)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: make, millions, money, ways