Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What if invisibility to players didn't work in Tram rules?

- - - - - invisibility players rules tram work

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from UO U.Hall

It seems that I'm reading a number of posts lately about possible scripting/exploiting making heavy use of invisibility/hiding to attempt to cloak their activities.

What would people think of turning off invisibility to other players in Tram rulesets? (character turns grey just as you appear to yourself and wouldn't be targetable)

Or are there worthwhile uses of invisibility-to-players in Tram rulesets? ( other than surprise parties )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, while I would love to be able to target players that i know are scripting, it opens up a whole new can of worms for Griefing those that are simply just "hiding"...Believe me, I would love to actually Target the player(s) at Luna bank that fills bods all day and night...

Greetings,

I sometimes hides when my 3 year old son needs attention fast, but still only for a few sec or a min. Not knowing what he might have done, choking or what it has to be a fast leaving of UO. Don't want the fuzz of logging in, logging out.

Nor do I want some griefers screaming or even thinking I'm an AFK'er doing something to gain a skill if I don't reply. Usually I use hide when in a public place to let my character be left alone. If I'm in house I simply rush off leaving my character to stand there until I return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While this would help to target scripters and griefers, it would remove some possibilities of fun, of privacy too. Just like an invinsible list on ICQ/MSN.
Also war guilds shouldn't be able to see each other while invisible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I understand what you saying, but it will kill of a whole system.

What we need is the dev team get their but of and fix the hiding isiu totaly.

Why are we able to lumberjack, mining, crafting and a few more activetys.

The only skills that should work while invisible is in my opinion
1 snooping
2 detect
3 remove trap
4 pick locks
5 skills such as eval, lore and other that just check a status.

As you see it is all aming to rogue skills

I would rather have activities un-hide players, such as mining and lumberjacking.

I Couldn't agree more -
Rouge and Ninja type activites would naturally be something that steath must rely on - but lumberjacking ? Mining? doing this while Hiding? I'd much rather see that sorta activty have a HIGH chance of blowing the whole stealth test.

So would that really be a case of insanity with the Nerf stick in the name of gameplay and anti-cheat?

Guess if i used a stealth mule i might hate it.

Dave "CatHat" Brown -
UO Character and Environment Artist -
EA Mythic -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*glares at Cathat while stealthily mining under the ancient wyrm's nose*

I have GM stealther/miner/blacksmiths on four shards, dang it all. As an old vet from the fel days when most sane craftsmen had hiding - I object. I could see perhaps in trammel, but please don't make my craftsmen even easier targets in fel. Hmmmm quadruple resources anyone?!

Even then though, I've found some very nice hardly used valorite and gold spots in trammel dungeons.. scripters don't like them but I sure do. Since most scripters I see don't even bother hiding, I question the effectiveness of this fix anyhow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

toplessphoenix

toplessphoenix

Holding on to My Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
Even then though, I've found some very nice hardly used valorite and gold spots in trammel dungeons.. scripters don't like them but I sure do. Since most scripters I see don't even bother hiding, I question the effectiveness of this fix anyhow.

*nods in agreement*
I don't have issues......I have volumes!!:o

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
I can hear it now.. the whole RP community chanting boo hiss.. oh the grief!

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
Oh I'm sure there'll be a lot of booo hissss, but being a trammie, I would hate to lose invis in the tram ruleset as I frequently use it when I'm hunting with my pets and my guild....especially when I find myself somewhere I shouldn't be *grins*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
I use it a lot in Tram too. It's pretty much a huge skill if you are a tamer.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Don't think they should change it. Probably just need more GMs with better tactics at finding/responding to scripter pages.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Skrekkugle

Skrekkugle

Rebellion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I use hiding alot in tram for spying on RPers ;) meep

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: invisibility, players, rules, tram, work