Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

9 screenshots from Taiwan

- - - - - screenshots taiwan

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
I suppose that someone has already introduced three screenshots of houses of KR on the official site of Taiwan before a week. 9 shots are added today there.

See: EA Taiwan http://www.ultimaonl...sing/index.aspx

Some look not so good, but they have not finished KR yet, as Jeremy has posted on Stratics.

Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
i agree some of the art is a little rough sketch but hey.. its still in beta and i have a feeling that the devs will be quite busy with it for awhile. right now, its just getting the client ready for launch, then finish whats left afterwards.

moxie_denzien

moxie_denzien

resident red robot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
i got to be honest.

i like what i see. it's like an upgraded version of the 3d client i used to play.
ever since they took 3d away from us - i haven't played UO.

kingdom reborn might change my whole outlook on the UO expierence.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I'm with ya moxie. I'm so excited! I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on KR.

There are even a couple cool house designs in those screenshots - great one for a gardener's house.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
I've always just played in 2d. I'm not sure about the whole 3d aspect. I do like those homes tho.

Guest_uojunkie_*

Guest_uojunkie_*
  • Guests
I'm really disapointed in the plants. The house that had tons of plants, on the right side the plants all look like they are just hued entirely a color rather than just the blooms, the ones on the left give me a little hope that they might still be a work in progress.

Saphireena

Saphireena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Aww I was hoping they'd "right" the many "art wrongs" that have been done in the past by people who made ghastly decisions for UO graphics, but no such luck. As an example that ridiculous giant snowflake. Man that really kills the immersion for me. I'm traumatized by the bloody thing. If they wanted to give us snowflakes, a much prettier version could have been a sprinkle of tiny snowflakes 1x1, 3x3 pixels in size etc. (Just think how valued the rares for sprinkles of flour and hay are) Or else a small patch of animated falling snow. But a giant snowflake larger than any Britannian shield? Aaargghh. :-)

On the good side, most of the updated versions are beautiful and so delicate. You can tell the artists making them have a true sense of beauty and appreciation for the use of light and color. For instance all the little lamps and in general things that glow - look gorgeous. The pumpkins are so cute and plump. The UO poster/painting finally looks like it should! The Poinsettas look SO much better. I was almost gonna throw about 50 of the buggers away the other day doing spring clean up, now I'm glad I didn't. Very pretty now!

One thing I don't like is that they went way overboard with "roughing up" edges and shapes of items to make them look more organic. For some items that's ok but doing it to items we WANT to see as precise and neat is a mistake. Just makes everything look scruffy.
Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

On the good side, most of the updated versions are beautiful and so delicate. You can tell the artists making them have a true sense of beauty and appreciation for the use of light and color. For instance all the little lamps and in general things that glow - look gorgeous. The pumpkins are so cute and plump. The UO poster/painting finally looks like it should! The Poinsettas look SO much better. I was almost gonna throw about 50 of the buggers away the other day doing spring clean up, now I'm glad I didn't. Very pretty now!

With you all the way on that Saphireena,and welcome to UOforums

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Saphireena

Saphireena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

With you all the way on that Saphireena,and welcome to UOforums

Thank ye kindly miss Tabbitha! *curtsies*
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: screenshots, taiwan