Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

arms lore question

- - - - - arms lore question

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

woody

woody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
was away for over a month with travel and then computer problems and mothers day and i see they played with arms lore. here are my questions based on my readings.

can you now gain arms lore from crafting items.

are the increases applicable to both tailor and blacksmith items ie if i had a 120 tailor no bs would i still think on training arms lore.

if i took her to new haven could i buy up to 40 skill or only the around 25 like in vesper.

is there an arms lore quest in new haven.

sorry to bother you but my better half is bugging me here at work and i am like no clue and can not get into game
Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
I can answer some of your questions. Yes you gain by crafting. I'm getting ready to train it on my maxed out smith/tailor. So hoping I will not need to gain in either of those to get gains in arms lore. I believe you can buy it in New Haven and think there is a quest. Don't know how high or for sure if there is a quest with it :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

woody

woody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
thanks just messaged him will where my bod books are and told him to start ftlling lol. also that is a horrible thought all but one orf my blacksmith taailors are legendary lets hope works.
Posted Image

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
Arms Lore applies to all weapon and armor crafting. Leather/Tailor, Metal/Smith, and Wood/Carpenter. Also applies to Bowcraft/Fletching.

At GM Arms Lore, you will now make weapons with 40% Damage Increase instead of 35%. Armor resists will be higher, also.

You can buy training from smiths and other NPC's to around 25-30, I think. You can raise the skill directly by targeting a weapon or armor piece in your backpack, or by crafting. I GM'd it in about 12 hours by spamming a macro onto a dagger in my backpack.

I don't know if there's a quest in New Haven for it yet. Sorry. :embarasse

Posted Image

woody

woody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
oh lord did not think of carp and bowfletching hehe
Posted Image

Grog

Grog

Somewhat eccentric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
And Tinkers. Don't forget them.

BTW, Grog is here now. :)
  • Rhus Radicans likes this

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums Grog :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

woody

woody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
welcome GROG
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Welcome Grog!

I dunno if there is a quest in New Haven yet for arms lore or not. I think tho, if you buy skills there, you can buy them up to 35-40 points.

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
Welcome to UO Forums, Grog!

(For those of you who don't know, Grog has "Grog" guilds on every UO shard, and is an extremely helpful friend to have on any of the shards. He's also a regular poster on UO Stratics.)

Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Didn't know that Rhus. Thanks for the info :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Welcome, grog! :)

Grog

Grog

Somewhat eccentric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Welcome to UO Forums, Grog!

(For those of you who don't know, Grog has "Grog" guilds on every UO shard, and is an extremely helpful friend to have on any of the shards. He's also a regular poster on UO Stratics.)

And just a very short time ago Adam created a new sub forum for shard wide guilds. I now have my very own Grog forum. I may have to change my "somewhat eccentric" to "mildly insane"! :tongue3:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arms, lore, question