Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Chicago Town Hall Meeting ...

- - - - - chicago hall meeting town

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Hopes there is a filter on the camera if it should happen!! :shocked:

TY for the good thoughts (and crossed cookie pans) ...
I am really looking forward to meeting the folks behind the screen :)

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Have a safe trip Mum! Pictures! Fully clothed pls :)

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

In case I don't get to post before you leave Queen Mum have a safe trip. Hope you enjoy meeting up with everyone. No matter what Dip says, NO pictures of Ben streaking, please :P

Vepl

Vepl was just joking...

Hopes there is a filter on the camera if it should happen!! :shocked:

TY for the good thoughts (and crossed cookie pans) ...
I am really looking forward to meeting the folks behind the screen :)

We could always blur out anything unsightly.

Have a safe trip Mum! Pictures! Fully clothed pls :)

Clothes should be optional, as long as you have the proper stained undergarments to match your character in-game. (if you don't have any, photoshop can easily provide them)

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Good Luck guys! We want lots of pictures please :)

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
*off to charge the digital camera batteries*

ooooh where's rascal's new camera when ya need it? hehehe

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
YES!!!! Take a Camera phone and send me a picture of the streaking!

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
So she can forward it to me!

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Yes!

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Lmao

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

*off to charge the digital camera batteries*

ooooh where's rascal's new camera when ya need it? hehehe

It's right here if you wanna stop in Maine before the meet :laugh: oh wait, I can't loan it out, gotta take pics for my company calendar!!! :grin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Aye, safe travels Mum!

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Be careful guys! Can't wait to hear your reports!

Posted Image

Pop_L

Pop_L

LORD Pop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I am happy to report QM got to her hotel in Chicago, without getting too lost. (Not bad for someone who needed me to give her directions on how to get out of Appleton :-/ ).

http://www.uoforums.com/imagehosting/84714654786419971.bmp

and occasionally RABBITS :grin:

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Thanks for the update Pop. Hope she finds the meeting place as well then :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
:) Thanks for the update Pop, odds are if she made it in with no problems, she'll be calling every few minutes on the way out :P j/k

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Thanks for the update pop! Glad to hear she got there okay :)

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yay, glad to hear it :)
Thanks Pop

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Mum made it just fine, in plenty of time - in fact, we were 2 of the first 50 to get in (thus securing us some 2007 UO Town Hall t-shirts). :)

Town hall was great. The screenshots don't do the game justice. After seeing it in action, not only am I highly impressed, but I'm now fully confident that I will love the new user interface. (I have been a bit leery - I don't play any other of these "modern" games that the new interface is supposedly based on).

The presenters were:
Nick Corea (Dragon Head), Lead Designer
Patrick Malott (Leurocian), Sr Designer
Jeremy Dalberg (Jeremy), Community

There wasn't really any earth-shattering news, but here's what I have in my notes:

- This is the most money EA has sunk into UO since its birth (for KR) - and, of course, KR is a free upgrade (for us).

- Jeremy will talk to marketing re: promotions for the 10th anniversary package for people who have multiple accounts (such as, the buy 4 get 1 free that they did with Mondain's Legacy).

- Stygian Abyss will likely make use of some of the "dead" skills (ie. skills people don't currently use, as they're currently useless in the game)

- New ogre art is complete with plumber's crack

- Jeremy said (and I quote) that a "metric buttload" of people will be added to the KR beta testing phase in the coming weeks. (Jeremy is my new favorite person).

- There has been "discussion" of lifting the NDA in the next few weeks.

- Fixing factions is on the radar for fixing post-Stygian Abyss.

- The flexible desktop is capable of displaying up to at least 1600 pixels wide. (Couldn't get an exact resolution, but Jeremy said her laptop runs at 1600 wide and KR runs fine at that).

- Couldn't get the devs to spill any beans, but they would say it is "likely" that there will be new housing areas introduced in Stygian Abyss.

- Leurocian promised to move the decimal point to fix the effects of enhanced bandages, a promise formerly made by Mr. Tact but never completed.

- The devs acknowledged the problems with OSI owned houses and the DSFASA houses on Lake Austin, but had no timeline for fixing/deleting them.

- Community collection difficulty may be looked at (to make it more reasonable) in the rebalancing phase. The team stressed that in order to look at rebalancing loot, monster drops, armor, crafting, etc, it has to all be considered at once as a big picture, as they all tie in and affect each other. This is planned for during/after Stygian Abyss, since they don't want to change something in KR that will then be messed up when SA is released. They'll be looking at it as part of SA and beyond.

- New pet management feature - if you have the pet tool up, all pets and summons will automatically show their health bars in the tool gump. You can command your pets via the tool gump. Was a quick demo, but I think it will make tamers' lives much easier! They said it just went live to the beta testers, and people are raving about it.

- New macro system - much better than the current macro system. Drag n drop functionality, as well as the ability to stack macros. Currently, there's no way to add "make last" as a macro action. Ugh.

The team spoke a lot about building into the game as many of the features as possible that we currently get from third party apps like UO Assist. Two things that are still missing, though - make last (for crafting macros) and the display at the top of the screen for regs, tithing points, weight, gold, etc. The team took note. We'll see if that changes.

- New map system looks awesome. The team described functionality that it will have - namely, the ability to see where your party and guild members are in the world. Very cool.

- Water tiles and waterfalls look awesome. Those tiles should look the same in player houses as well. Water elementals go splat. Most monsters looked awesome, I thought. Even corpsers.

- Zoom feature - very cool. Also zooms farther out than we're used to seeing. Devs did not specify what will be done to prevent the zoom feature from affecting PvP (ie. zoomed-out players being able to see incoming creatures/people before zoomed-in players) but made very clear that it will be addressed. Using a war fog was mentioned as a possibility.

- Tweaks are still being made to the scaling and sizing of some monsters. For example, balrons are a bit too small at the moment. Any creatures that don't have art yet show up as imps. (ROFL!)

- Motion should look smoother when the game is released. It has to do with the frames per second that the old graphic engine runs at versus the new one. (New one is faster, resulting in some choppy motion).

- Polar bear rugs don't look quite so bizarre in the armpits as they once did.

I only got to see one brown cu sidhe, from behind :-/

That's all I can think of! Had a great time. Met some people from DSR on LA (though it sounds like they're all PvP, so I doubt I'll run into them! Joker and... I'm forgetting the other names). I think I'm getting the guild initials right - DSR - said the like to kill VaMP for fun :P

Got to meet Jeremy's parents - very nice people! Hometown is Chicago. w00t!

I thought I couldn't wait till KR came out, but now? Oy vey!

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
What is NDA?

Great info Kit! thanks!

P.S. Picttttttureeeeeeeeesssssss

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
NDA = non disclosure agreement

I have a few pics but I forgot to ask Mum if it's OK if I post her mug on the net, so once i hear back from her I'll post what I've got! We got pics with Jeremy and with Leurocian :) (and might I say, I was kinda crushin' on Leurocian!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chicago, hall, meeting, town