Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Stealing

- - - - - stealing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Lister

Lister

of Smeg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Anyone have any macro tips for stealing? I'm starting a thief character up, is @ 50 stealing currently.
Lister of Smeg

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
You going to be a PvP Thief? There are alot of ways to set up macros...

What is your full template?

If you are going to have Snooping too and trying to target steal, you can keep some type of bladed item in your pack and dbl-click it the click ojn the item you wish to steal; this puts the item on Last Target. Then you have a Macro for " Use Skill Stealing; Last Target." *note: not Last Object as that will make you try to steal your own bladed item. :P

After you make a Steal, there will be a timer until you can use Hiding again but the timer doesnt apply to Stealth. Many people have enough Magery to cast Invisibility 100% and have a Macro for "CastSpell: Invis; Wait for Target, Target Self; UseSkill: Stealth"

Having Protection cast on yourself is very helpful for this, but you will want to have at least 2 Faster Casting on yur suit to counteract the FC -2 from Protection.

Let me know if you need anything more. :)

Posted Image

Lister

Lister

of Smeg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
so far my template is

ninjitsu - 50
stealing - 50
snooping - 91.4
hiding - 89.4
stealth - 0.3 :(
fencing - 70
tactics - 70

but not sure if im going to keep fencing or tactics or just stone them off.

mainly i just wanna make a char to annoy the reds in fel. but since im a newb, i dont have the advantage of the 720 skill cap. oddly enough, right after i made the char and was running to haven moongate, what do i stumble upon, a 120 stealing scroll :)
Lister of Smeg

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
I would dump Tactics if your not going to actively trying to kill anyone. The Fencing will be nice for simple defense purposes after steal atempts.

Gratz on the 120 Stealing find. I think I paid 500k for mine, hehehe.

Id take Ninjitsu to at least GM so that you have access to all the Animal Forms. They will be a huge help to you.

Hiding and Snooping to GM and Stealth as high as you can take it. After 80 Stealth, youll never fail if you are wearing meddable armor, but higher will let you stay in the shadows better...

Once you can afford it, grab a 110 or 115 Fencing scroll. Again, this wil help you not get hit by Dexxers after you steal from them and start running...

The Burglars Bandana is your friend. Its cheap, 30 free skill points (plus 5 Dex and decent resists for a piece of cloth), and you can bless it with a Clothing Bless Deed when you can afford it too...

Throw Magery on in place of the Tactics for Recall, Mark, and Invis.

Its a thankless template that spends alot of time "ooOOoOooOoo" ing but it some fun to play. :)

Posted Image

Toad

Toad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
If your getting ninjtisu don't forget smoke bombs..! Steal somthing, run off in wolf form, get abit away then smoke bomb, then your home free...ish..
Posted Image
The army is gone... For now...

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Hey, just read something thats great news for ya!

Come tomorrow morning, there is an New Player quest for Stealth!! Get to train it up nice and get some enhanced gains! :)

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stealing