Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Bringing back old skills?

- - - - - back bringing skills

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
I was thinking of this when I was working with my blacksmith's arms lore the other day. Seeing as how they brought back arms lore into the crafting world... do you think with the release of KR they'll try to bring back other skills to make them more useful: ie. camping, herding, tracking ?

Becase personally I always thought camping was a cool idea, but if you can just run to town and log out, what's the point of it, ya know?

Posted Image

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
tracking is very useful :)
Posted Image

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
What type character uses it, and what does it do? Can't say I've heard anything about it.

Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Right now it is used for PvP/champ spawn areas. When you get it trained you can detect hidden people (even if they are in animal/wraith form) using the correct selection on the detect gump. Then you know where the person is you want to do away with :P

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

Right now it is used for PvP/champ spawn areas. When you get it trained you can detect hidden people (even if they are in animal/wraith form) using the correct selection on the detect gump. Then you know where the person is you want to do away with :P

Vepl

Plus, you get a damage increase on your deathstrikes :)
Posted Image

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
Tracking is a used skill for Cove's Scouts. :)

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Neato!

Posted Image

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
Definitly useing tracking with hiding and stealth is pricelsss

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Also with camping,if you light some kiindling and wait till you see a message saying 'Your camp is now secure' you can then place a bedroll out and as long as your stood by it,you can log out safely,just as though you were in an Inn.

This can be valuable if during roleplay a character is 'for example',camped in the Lost Lands and supposed to be there a few days IC [ as Tabbitha was recently ]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Guildmaster of ATD, Defender of Paxlair!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
I think before they start bringing back old skills, which btw I agree with you 100%, but they should raise the skill cap. I am sick to death to redoing chars for the next new skill or what have you.
Posted Image

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
Not Sure Raising The Skill Cap Is A Good Idear Would Throw Off Balance In Game They Would Have To Redo Everything Bad Enought The Characters Are Almost Godly Now

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Ya but camping blah guys come on now that skill few others like taste id or um forenstic eval blah.

So why not do this make camping up 120 if have that you could lure or fight amazing new areas that only can be found and played with if you have over 100 camping and 100 tracking or stuff like 100 detect or somthing.

For eval please so i can look and see who killed my friend please come on now.... why not do somthing right with skills and not just say look please.
get rid of this this skill it is worthless

Taste id what for? So dumb get rid of it make some other stuff.

make like sorcery, make more spells for mages, more spells for necros, more spells for spellweavers, more spells for chiv chars, more fighting styles that really work and people play bladeweave, block, def mastery, force arrow, psychic attack, and serpent arrow all sorry suck and change them or make them better. Oh faint sucks too!!! make more skills in some cases like if 120 ninja dont have hiding and steath you cant use almost every skill omg please.
So much more make dungens more worth it so people go there and fight... make stuff work guys your just waisting time!!

Emmortal

Emmortal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
I think they should steal an idea from LotRO for camping. When you are near a player-made campfire you get a bonus to health and mana regen. Something like that I could definitely see being used a lot here.

The trick would be making room for the skill on your character.

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
the only place camping has on my character is int he skill menu right now i will take my chances without it when time comes well see the con's outweigh the pro's

Stolencheese

Stolencheese

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

you can then place a bedroll out and as long as your stood by it,you can log out safely,just as though you were in an Inn.

Do you have to lay out a bedroll? I've never actually had the skill, And can anyone log out around your campfire, Or someone else's?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

I think they should steal an idea from LotRO for camping. When you are near a player-made campfire you get a bonus to health and mana regen. Something like that I could definitely see being used a lot here.

The trick would be making room for the skill on your character.

I like this idea. That would be a great reason for having it. You can even go a step farther and make it a place that can rez peeps. Like a wondering healer.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: back, bringing, skills