Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Round Table Storytelling

- - - - - round storytelling table

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT...

A fellowship of adventurers entered the Dry Stein as the rain pounded on the roof above. The regulars grew quiet, stopping to stare at these strangers, and a moment of silence followed. The adventurers approached a large, round table situated in the center of the tavern, and, taking their seat, said not a single word, nor exchanged a single glance. Finally, a tavernkeeper approached the table and broke the disturbing silence which seemed to mark the travellers. "What manner of traveller walks these stormy roads on such an ominous night? Speak, and let us hear thy tale..."

The adventurers looked up, and each one, in his or her own excitement, told their tale, strangely interrupting each other at each sentence. The first began the story.

[Instructions: I start with a sentence or phrase, and the next poster adds or finishes a sentence to continue the story, and so forth. Each poster that participates is a unique character in this fellowship, so use your imagination.]

We adventurers were travelling the road just south of the Mountains of Avarice, wherein lies the dungeon Covetous, when suddenly we were ambushed by a horde of...
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
ravagers. We never thought such a beast would excape from the pit of doom, but they were their and they were hungry for blood.

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
Weapons were drawn, and the adventurers prepared for an attack. Suddenly one of the beasts...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
...spoke! By the Virtues, I never thought it possible for such a creature to speak our language, and I tell you, in all my life I will never forget those cruel and ominous words, for the ravager said...

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
"Pardon me, do you have any cheap yellow mustard?" Frantically we searched our packs for this commodity, but realized it for the cruel trick that it was. For then the raveger....

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
..lunged towards the adventurers! However their intent was only to capture, and not to kill. All fought back but the raveger was too strong and...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
all our party were soon tightly bound with strong ropes, and the ravegers herded us along the west bound road toward...

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
yew. As we slid down the road the same thing was going threw all our minds. how are we ever gonna get out of this, pushing back the thought that we might die.

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
It was at this moment, with thoughts of our death in mind, that I espied out of the corner of my eyes, a particularly vicious brute amongst the ravagers. It's left hand was holding a...

Dragonreborn_KmR

Dragonreborn_KmR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Tattered map, the big brute was angry that he had took a wrong turn at the cross roads

Posted Image

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
In a strange language the brute began to yell and curse. It neared towards us and we could cringed because he smelled of...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
rotting flesh. Then with a voice that sounded like screams from hell he began to speak, and we all lay their with our mouths hanging open because we could understand him. He demanded that we show him the way to...

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
The Dry Stein Tavern, where he'd heard the freshest blood in the land was served. We all looked at each other and....

Dragonreborn_KmR

Dragonreborn_KmR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
laughed and told him that we would glady show him the way if he would let us go because we were thirsty too! The men folk even nudged him to rip the ladies skirts off for good show...

Posted Image

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
...however despite our foolish wishes in the face of danger, the ravagers would have none of it. Growing tired of their cruelty on top of incompetence, I seized the sword of an unsuspecting guard and attacked, hoping the rest of my companions would join the battle.

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
Shocked to see Deraj's bold attempt, I pull an arrow from my quiver and begin to shoot. Two ravagers go down and I glace around to survey what is going on.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Dragonreborn_KmR

Dragonreborn_KmR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
While the rest of the mosnters are still under shock of the surprise attack I rush over and start tossing everyone their weapons before finding my own but before I could join Deraj and assist a huge brute rushed Thradia from her blind side and I jumped between her and the brute and began to call down holy light as the blades of my swords flashed in each hand from the bright white light rainging down.

Posted Image

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
too drunk to fight i hid behind the bar waiting for the batte to be over. As i sat their quietly sipping my 5th of scotch a ravagers gets hurled over the bar and spills my drink.... in a drunken rage i beat it to death with every last bottle of liquor i could fine. (lucky for me it only had about 1 breath of life left in it)

Jomo

Jomo

always tring to help someone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
The noise of the melee brought a nosey dwarf to the edge of the woods to see what was going on.
Respect everyone

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
As soon as the dwarf appeared from behind the trees, one ravager pointed and screeched, "A DWARF !!!! Get him! We need his beard for............

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: round, storytelling, table