Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

MMOG Chart Updates - UO Subscriptions going down still?

- - - - - chart mmog subscriptions uo updates

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Mapper

Mapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Yes thats the reason why, I agree there, Us having no affect with the goings on. *wishes for Jordan to come back*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mapper - Egan - Tari Seregon - Aeldur
Europa News Manager on Stratics

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Yeah, jorden was good at giving them nothing heh. As for the pic he flashed with the cases with all the sashes in, talk about rubbin it in :grin:

Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I doubt UO will go away anytime soon I am not worried, or least I hope not. I really like UO I do not want to go back to any other game! I rather be spending my monies for a GOOD game not a simi-good game... I mean others are "fun" but nothing like Ultima there will probably be never another game like it.

I have a bad feeling some people are dropping because of "graphics" they all want to play something in 3D but graphics are nothing to me it is how the game is "writen" and UO defintally has that, other than I can not get my money to stack when someone trades me a split from a dungeon hunt but other than that hehe. ^_^

-RMS Carpathia-

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

I doubt UO will go away anytime soon I am not worried, or least I hope not. I really like UO I do not want to go back to any other game! I rather be spending my monies for a GOOD game not a simi-good game... I mean others are "fun" but nothing like Ultima there will probably be never another game like it.

I have a bad feeling some people are dropping because of "graphics" they all want to play something in 3D but graphics are nothing to me it is how the game is "writen" and UO defintally has that, other than I can not get my money to stack when someone trades me a split from a dungeon hunt but other than that hehe. ^_^

-RMS Carpathia-

Graphics are actually one of the reasons why some of us have stayed for so long I think..not counting all the other reasons which which factored in equally. UO is beautiful to me. It has awesome, awesome graphics (the original 2D graphics).

I hear people say, "UO LOOKS LIKE CARTOONZ I PLAY WOW NOW" and yet when I look at both games...UO has beautiful textures, lines, shading and coloring..and looks very, very realistic. Even the movements of some things, such as the way a cloak (original, not the Humility rooster tail thing) waves behind you as your character runs, are great. Yet, WoW, EQ2, and other 3D games look very much like "cartoons". Everything is purposely exaggerated, and everything _still_ looks like it was pieced together from little triangles. Plus the fact that people still don't look like people in 3D games today..I mean to me, they haven't progressed very far at all from the original EQ or Quake.

A lot of it is trend following. "OMG U DONT PLAY MODERN GAMES CUZ UR ON AN OLD SYSTEM U BOUGHT FROM GOODWILL!!11uno uno" Sorry, the PCs I am using at any given time are very much modern and I can run anything out there and then some... None of the "modern" stuff is worth running to me, though.

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

On europa we had a realy good season last season. The EM was realy active in person, often just hung out in some of the RP spots, some events were effected by the players communitys that turned up and i guess it felt like we were realy part of the story rather just bashing monsters. Its prolly why i dont like how this season is going. It just feels like a 'do this' & 'do that' case. A monster bash perhaps and then some bit of story we have no effect on.

I agree with you totally Ly-Las, he was a very 'hands on' Em,and attended a lot of events joining in the roleplay.Its certainly been quiter without him. I wasnt around these forums to report some of the things he took part in, but there was an excellent 'minipolt' that began quite by accident.I was visiting him in Minoc,and some Vesperians tagegd along aslso.Unbenown to me why, at first, one of them a chap named Hanse Davion, who is Vespers Champion, ended up challenging Jordan to a duel. I shall find the report out and post it to you,as it was actually used as the reason why Commander Jurrel departed these lands.
It makes for good reading :)

Ly-Las anytime you find yourself logging into the game,please drop me an ICQ we have a lot going on atm, and hopefully it may spark some renewed interest for you,meeting some new people and hanging around some different places :)

You or anyone else for that matter is always welcome to tag along and enjoy what we do :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts

Graphics are actually one of the reasons why some of us have stayed for so long I think..not counting all the other reasons which which factored in equally. UO is beautiful to me. It has awesome, awesome graphics (the original 2D graphics).

I hear people say, "UO LOOKS LIKE CARTOONZ I PLAY WOW NOW" and yet when I look at both games...UO has beautiful textures, lines, shading and coloring..and looks very, very realistic. Even the movements of some things, such as the way a cloak (original, not the Humility rooster tail thing) waves behind you as your character runs, are great. Yet, WoW, EQ2, and other 3D games look very much like "cartoons". Everything is purposely exaggerated, and everything _still_ looks like it was pieced together from little triangles. Plus the fact that people still don't look like people in 3D games today..I mean to me, they haven't progressed very far at all from the original EQ or Quake.

A lot of it is trend following. "OMG U DONT PLAY MODERN GAMES CUZ UR ON AN OLD SYSTEM U BOUGHT FROM GOODWILL!!11uno uno" Sorry, the PCs I am using at any given time are very much modern and I can run anything out there and then some... None of the "modern" stuff is worth running to me, though.

Aye you see UO the same way I do but not many do, I was just saying in general how alot of people think of it =*( It is sad really... I really like the art style used in UO (I play in 2D by the way) I just love how it looks! It is very beautiful art! I actually have a pretty decent computer but doesn't matter I still rather be playing UO even though I can handle EQ II type of graphics (well sorta HAHA! Those graphics are freackin' nuts >_<)

I mean to me, they haven't progressed very far at all from the original EQ or Quake.

Oh yes speaking of WoW looking like cartoon I added this desert ostard in the background of Silithus from WoW so UO and WoW graphics put togeather hehe just to do it.
Posted Image

-RMS Carpathia-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chart, mmog, subscriptions, uo, updates