Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Helping New Players In-Game - any shard "guild" efforts?

- - - - - efforts guild helping ingame players shard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Winfield

Winfield

Governor of PaxLair, Chesapeake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
Hail everyone,

I'm Winfield on Chesapeake.

I'm very interested in trying to set up, or assist in, New Player in-game support (as a player).

I'd like to leverage off existing ideas/methods and pros/cons of how this is done, rather than create ideas/trial-and-error from scratch.

Does any shard have a player-based "companion" system/guild to help new players on their shared? If so, where can I learn more about how it's done?

Thanks,
Winfield

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
I must say role playing guilds is a good place for new players to start out.:grin:

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Might I suggest getting in touch with King David, the GM of PAS on Sonoma.

PAS has been around since 1998 and is still going strong under King David's leadership. They help all new comers alike and have the policy of there being 'no pressure' to join the guild in order to receive help and guidance from its elders and members.

There website is located here and King David is available by ICQ 137449336. :)

Also, on Sonoma there is another wonderful guild called Sonomas Angels of Light (SAL) who help our newcomers with needed items and temporary lodging, but they have not been in existence as long as PAS and they don't have the capability to offer the needed constant companionship for a newcomer. You can reach the GM, Love Spirit, at icq 324991870 or by PM here.

Hope that helps :)

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
The NEW guild on Siege. Basically with that guild tag most (not all) player will give you a pass from PVP. Members are only allowed to stay 30 days, but they give you what you need to train up to a decent level. And time enough to find your way around.

And I'd have to say the folks here that are part of UO:F on Lake Austin do a fantastic job of getting new posters/players going, even if it's not an advertised thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts

The NEW guild on Siege. Basically with that guild tag most (not all) player will give you a pass from PVP. Members are only allowed to stay 30 days, but they give you what you need to train up to a decent level. And time enough to find your way around.

And I'd have to say the folks here that are part of UO:F on Lake Austin do a fantastic job of getting new posters/players going, even if it's not an advertised thing.

Oh yeah. That's a good guild!

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Winfield

Winfield

Governor of PaxLair, Chesapeake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
Thanks for the info everyone!

I'll look into PAS & SAL on Sonoma, NEW on Siege, and UO:F on Lake Austin. This is a great help!

Winfield

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: efforts, guild, helping, ingame, players, shard