Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

"Customizing House Contest" of RainyLain(with pictures!)

- - - - - customizing house contest pictures rainylainwith

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
cool! *puts on traveling robes again!*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
and the two I visited were really wonderful! The Japanese Castle is very nicely decorated on the inside as well. It felt like a castle on both inside and out. I loved the use of ladders to get into the various floors.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests
A player has told me where the giant robot is.

"A Giant Robot":
Asuka shard Trammel: 111.11N 104.3E

The player who built this robot is Taiyo-ji(Sun-temple) and has some other unique houses:

a. Ferris wheel: Tranmmel 8.27N 3.26W

Image of Ferris wheel

b. Nezumy Land: Malas 121.7N 10.15E

Nezumy Land

This is a parody of Disney land. Nezumi means a mouse in Japanese.

There is a pirate ship next to the castle: A Pirate Ship

c. Water Fall: a little west to the Giant Robot

Image of Water Falll

--

If you go round in the next order, you can use runebooks at each spot.

- Go to Ferris Wheel to the north of Castle Brittania at first. Then use the runebook on the stand.

Posted Image

I have charged the runebook 19 times before 2 hours, so you can use it without magery.

- The runebook leads you to the Nezumyland and pirate ship, where you can use the runebook under the bulletin board, on the stair. It brings you to the Giant Robot.

Posted Image

- At last you reach the Robot. You may want to go to west to see the Waterfall. You can get to there in 10 seconds and you can find a runebook in the next house to the Waterfall. Choose the left-top book. Using this runebook takes you to Britain cities.
( To enter this house, please double-click the left door. You can't access the right door.)

Posted Image

Then you can come back to wherever city you like.

If you have time and interest. Enjoy!

moxie_denzien

moxie_denzien

resident red robot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
i think i speak for everyone here when i say: a robot?

wow, just wow...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lollipopz

Lollipopz

The Chocolits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

RTLFC

Thanks for warm replies and that you welcome me! I'll hand your comments to the organizer of this contest.

I'd like to continue informing you of Japanese things, important or interesting, as possible.

Thanks again for your wonderful comments! (It amazed and pleased me that someone replied in Japanese.)

I agree those works are marvellous, my fav was the floating island. =)

I do have a question though, are RainyLain contests only held for Japanese shards? When I learned of the 8th annual contest it was already in judging period and so entries were closed. =/ I'm from Formosa shard and have seen a past contest entry that was from formosa too. But I'm thinking if ur Japanese wasn't good enough it'll quite be a disadvantage right?:P

Well thanx again for sharing.

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests

are RainyLain contests only held for Japanese shards?

I'm not the organizer of this contests and I have asked the manager of RainyLain, the organizer of this contests, to allow me to introduce the results of this contest on this BBS before I posted and he gave me the permission for me to do it. So, please notice that what I post here is only my view.

I don't think that non-Japanese-speaking players are excluded from this contest, but the organizer announced about it only on his site and in Japanese. So, practically, it was only Japanese players who entried, I think. And so, you might be right, it will be a disadvantage if you don't read Japanese.

I have thought of introducing his contest on UO Forum and UOSS, when he announced about this contest on his site. But I'm not the organizer at any rate. I couldn't post in a responsible position. I know the organizer and he is a good man, but if there happened some troubles, I should be responsible for it and act at least as a translator. My English couldn't bear it.

And even if there happened no troubles, some of you might ask me to translate the contents of his page. It would be burden for me. I'm running my own site and translate devs' posts on UOSS into Japanese on my site, because EAJ doesn't translate them. This is my daily work in UO. I can't do these two works.

So non-Japanese-speaking players are not excluded from this contest, but, sad to say, there is certainly a language barrier.

Pandajuice

Pandajuice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
The floating island should have been in 1st place! Anyone can build a Japanese castle using a real life photo; but that Island, and the robot are pure creative genius!

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
I agree with Pandajuice, its sooo creative!

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
could some1 make guide to make floating island XD, just kidding, looks nice but how log would it take :S.respect for the maker XD
the shadows will prevail

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Remeber everyone we will be holding regular house design contests here on UOForums,so all is not lost :)

I heard a whisper od 'seasonal' contests,so maybe very soon we wil lannounce a 'Summer Design Contest'.

Maybe get in custom mode and start putting some thing together,and save it ready ?

Who knows,it may happen sooner rather than later.

Will be interesting to see if any one manages any of those designs over here :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Nitrous Oxide_*

Guest_Nitrous Oxide_*
  • Guests
Japenese castle is my fav!

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
haha, mine is the floating island, but the lama fauntain 2nd price? hmm... jury must be elf's i gues, becouse humans dont like trees that much (yes i am human)
the shadows will prevail

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customizing house contest, pictures, rainylainwith