Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UO Name Policy Correction [ Silvani corrected on alrelast weeks assurance to players]

- - - - - alrelast assurance corrected correction players policy silvani uo weeks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from UO U.Hall

Jeremy_EAMythic UO Community Coordinator

Last week there was a bit of confusion about what is and is not an appropriate character name. Silvani attempted to clarify, but unfortunately there was a bit of miscommunication and her post was not correct. The Naming Policy is available here and while it is not all-inclusive, it is quite detailed and should help everyone understand what is and is not an appropriate name. Sorry about the confusion, and I hope this clears things up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have GOT to be kidding me.
How do we get this changed?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EA should probably create some kind of random name generator. That's how I created the names of most (but not all) of my characters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get ready for the flood of pages ready to come, hell gms cant even take care of the important issues at hand right now let alone a char named ""Willy Wonka""

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thats just it i don't see why they have rule 2 its not i violation of any trade mark or anyof th othere property laws unless your doing the same thing. you can't call a resterant McDonalds you could start a grocery store with that name.

if you called a char Nike(the name of a god,a missle,and a shoe company) nothing illegal there! now if your a tailor making shoes to sell then you might be over the line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Needless to say this post by Jeremy has created a rucous.I saw the thread in the early hours of this morning but held back from posting as I hoped [ in vain] it would not get many more than the above comments.

Well ,yes, that was a ridiculous idea.

So this morning the thread is already 3 pages long,and I will only post direct responses to players posts rather than the plethera of stuff thats in there .

Feel free to read the source though if you want to see all the 'fall out ' :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy_EAMythic UO Community Coordinator

This is not a new policy, folks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*edit * ooops can an admin please correct my typo,in title , please :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
"anatomical and excretory references"

ROFL!

The fact that they even have to SAY that explicitly is hysterical to me :)

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

"anatomical and excretory references"

ROFL!

The fact that they even have to SAY that explicitly is hysterical to me :)

behave *grins*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alrelast, assurance, corrected, correction, players, policy, silvani, uo, weeks