Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New Haven Quest Rewards ** (Spoilerish) **

- - - - - haven quest rewards spoilerish

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from http://boards.strati...b=5&o=&fpart=1'> UO U.HAll

Here is a list of the quest rewards from the new Haven quests.

Some of them are very useful, especially to newer players.

Tunic of Guarding - From Andreas Vesalius the Anatomy Instructor

Posted Image

Philosophers Hat - From Gustar the Meditation Instructor

Posted Image

Arms of Armstrong - From Alden Armstrong the Tactics Instructor

Posted Image

Bracelet of Resilience - From Alefian the Resisting Spells Instructor

Posted Image

Bulwark Leggings - From Aelorn the Chivalry Instructor

Posted Image

Gloves of Safeguarding - From Dimethro the Wrestling Instructor

Posted Image

Healers Touch - From Avicenna the Healing Instructor

Posted Image

Jockles' Quicksword - From Jockles the Swordsmanship Instructor

Posted Image

Ember Staff - From Kaelynna the Magery Instructor

Posted Image

Hallowed Spellbook - From Jillian the Inscription Instructor

Posted Image

The Dragon's Tail - From Hamato the Bushido Instructor

Posted Image

Clasp of Concentration - From Sarsmea Smyth the Focus Instructor

Posted Image

Churchill's War Mace - From Churchill the Mace Fighting Instructor

Posted Image

Escutcheon De Ariadne - From Tyl Ariadne the Parrying Instructor

Posted Image

Ring of the Savant - From Mithneral the Evaluating Intelligence Instructor

Posted Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nice. Now if only we can get some end-game level quests for high level players too. =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh wow... very nice. One complaint. No fencing weapon?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leurocian Ultima Online Designer

There are more quest givers to come. Fencing, Archery, Blacksmith guildmaster and quest givers, and Ninja and quest givers (the tracking guy is my favorite. heh. You'll see what I mean later on that one...).

and

why 2 swords but no fencing/archery/ninjitsu items?

Coming soon ™ to a New Haven near you :>

and

I bet these quests aren't repeatable are they heh.

No. Only once per character.

and

WARNING WARNING

I did the spell book quest tonight and Un known to me with all the things in my bag even tho i didnt get an over the weight limit message my bag was full .. when i clicked Jilian she dropped my book on the floor and some one picked it up .. I checked my bag the packie bag and the bank .. the book was gone .. I paged a GM THREEEE times ... and got canned answers everytime ... So I had to go back with another toon and do it again this time making sure it wasnt full just to get one book for the quest I did 2 times .... Its almost making me not want to do any of the others ... for fear of this happening .... When I dont have alot of skill points to play with that im making tweaks just to get up to 50 and then drop down again ...

Just thought Id pass this along becuase they will not replace it ... and I did not get the first book I did ...

Thanks for the heads up Emma. I'll report this to the team. This sounds like an old bug with the quest system where items will drop to the ground if you are overloaded. I'll see what we can do to fix this. Really sorry that happened to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More to come...

Hrm...

Dare I hope that this is going to be a town by town revamp to spread such quests throughout the world and maybe move AWAY from random pointless NPCs to something that feels a little more like a working civilization?

Just wondering on what the broader goal of this might be

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That would certainly be a possibility. I can't say much about that right now because Darkscribe would feed me to the Servant of Semidar. For even Darkscribe is more powerful than Leurocian Malnagrane, High Archmage and Traveling Bard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
A working civilization? in UO? What is this of which they speak? :P lol

Nice info to have, that they are looking at adding more quests too.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Yes,I will certainly be making some new characters to get all of these :)

I just love new things to use for deco ,:P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skrekkugle

Skrekkugle

Rebellion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
What annoys me is that when i start a char i usually select 50/50/0 in skills and these quests arent doable when you got 50+ in the skills. Therefore, as a new player you cant get these items unless you spend skillpoints on 3 skills

Longshot

Longshot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Doesn't the spellbook seem a bit overpowered compared to the other items? I mean, super slayer with legit SDI? I would expect it to be more like "Dragon Slayer, 5 SDI" given all the other items flavor.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
The shield is pretty hefty too really. I really like the seond bracelet with SR and MR on it...gots to get me one!

Posted Image

Longshot

Longshot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yeah, I missed the shield first time, just saw the RPD and figured it was trash... wow, that is a lot of resist on a shield, but still, no SC and less than ideal DCI.

PS - I wish I saw this before diving in and wasting time (and soulstone uses) on the crappy quests. I thought the chivalry quest would be something good, in stead I get Bulwark Legs, aka Royal Leggings of Useless.

DarksieD

DarksieD

The old guy from Atlantic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
wow...pretty awesome for beginner quests
Posted Image

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Bulwark Legs, aka Royal Leggings of Useless.

Hehehehehehehe. Thats defnitely one for the new player.

I have to say that this would make a great newbie suit tho. And all Blessed to boot? Kudos to the Devs for helping out the new folk!

Posted Image

Longshot

Longshot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yeah, I guess it's easy to forget exactly who this stuff was intended for, hehe. But that also takes me back to my main point - what the heck does a newbie need an undead slayer, SDI 10 book for?! That graveyard by old Haven? lol. More likely to see it in Doom...

Guest_Fletski_*

Guest_Fletski_*
  • Guests
Well yes .. the rewards are much better as most minor artis.. i need the undead slayer book. its not an scrapper ud slayer but well more sdi as you can get with an craftable book

Guest_Fletski_*

Guest_Fletski_*
  • Guests
just stone the skill .. take quest and restone - works well with all skills:)

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
So you can get your skills up uber fast? How many times you want?

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haven, quest, rewards, spoilerish