Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

You know you play UO too much when...

- - - - - play uo

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Pestilence

Pestilence

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
It's when you schedule real life around UO !! or when asked what you want xmas...you say..a crimson cinture or a Titan Hammer...:)

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
...you walk up to an atm and say "Bank"

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
you go to sleep and can't get the image of little red and yellow numbers rising up over peoples heads to go away!!!

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
When your bronze cloak snaggs on the escalator....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
When you're able to hold your newborn baby, kicking and crying the whole time, and still be able to pvp without missing a beat. (This took a while, he kinda messed me up a bit in the beginning by kicking the keyboard and somehow, at 2 months old, was able to cast every spell on my keyboard macro setup). I of course still die, and in vent, always blame it on the baby kicking the keyboard or the mouse out of my hands...hehe... :P

DamageFactor

DamageFactor

Legendary Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I just had a HUGE tree in front of my house cut down, after seeing the mess I was irritated... The logs wont stack like in UO! And why wont this darn bulk deed work! You mean I have to clean this mess up myself??? Thats it! I'm paging God!

He then promptly directed me to real life's knowledge base...
You might be a geek if you quote some obscure 16th century German philosopher... You ARE a geek if you quote it in German... -Some unknown 16th century German philosopher

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
When your in traffic trying to cast flame strike on the car who just cut you off and you realize your out of regeants and they guy just "flips" you off. Out of frustration you try to page on him, but dont see what number you are in the que on your windshield.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DamageFactor

DamageFactor

Legendary Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Your dog gives you a funny look then continues to chew on your hand despite saying "all stop" and "all stay"...

You go to your library to read up on spirit speak, just to prove to your wife there are no yew gate count burners in the basement...

You say more than "Oof" when you walk off the roof of your house...

My bank wont let me keep a huge stack of logs in a bank box...

You get strange looks for saying "Vendor buy the bank guards" in public...

Leaving DP food in public will get you real jail time...

Speaking of food, why does that large stack of fish steaks spoil in a wooden chest?

Attacking IRL friends at the bank is not a good idea, FYI!

Walking across a rope bridge isn't as easy as it seems! And you still say more than "Oof"!
  • Eowyna Rohanna likes this
You might be a geek if you quote some obscure 16th century German philosopher... You ARE a geek if you quote it in German... -Some unknown 16th century German philosopher

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
Here's an old one, but still funny.

Driving down the highway, you spot an empty, level section of land. You instantly pull to a screeching halt, grab an empty paper towel roll, and attempt to build a home.

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Your spraying insecticide on the ants in the yard, and wonder how much zoogi they will drop.[/LEFT]
  • Eowyna Rohanna likes this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Branwilde

Branwilde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
you stop eating food in real life because you are stuffed in game
Posted Image

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

you stop eating food in real life because you are stuffed in game

Hahaha...wish that really worked. No more dieting! :laugh:

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

Rogal

Rogal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
When you step outside and it's raining you mutter to yourself "A fierce storm approaches".

You actually look for [and find!] fish steaks at the supermarket.

You organize your spell icons in alphabetical order on screen.

You're digging in the garden and you hit rock and think you've struck a treasure chest.

You won't go down a certain street at night because of the "PKers".

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts

You won't go down a certain street at night because of the "PKers".

Hehe well in RL technically they ARE Pk'ers especailly if you live in a rough neighborhood thank goodness I live in Trammel in RL =P

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

VoloMapleLeaf

VoloMapleLeaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
You know youve played to much UO when you and your irl friends are running down the street drunk yelling random spells off while the neighbors are looking at you like your crazy and then when your friends dont turin into ghosts blamne them for exploting a bug and that there cheating<----all a true story.

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
HAHA Valo! Oh man I would have just busted out laughing.

All I have ever done was go on my sister's account on WoW once in a bit because sometimes my WoW friends need a transfer from horde to alliance or vis versa.

When I have to travel by boat I type in the commands for sailing in UO, if I run to the bank I typed in "bank and guards" =P When I have a pet I type in "all follow me and all guard me"

People look my way as if I am a freak! HAHA it is VERY fun to do! ^_^

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Guest_magenta_*

Guest_magenta_*
  • Guests
Someone flirts with your girlfriend in the bar, and you challenge them to a 1v1 no pots on Wrong roof.

You try "Cider" in real life just to see if it does, indeed, give you the hiccups.

You have ever used the pickup line: "Baby, I hope you've got GM spirit speak, because later on, all you're gonna be saying is 'OOOOoo, Oooo, OOO!!!'."

When you sit down at the computer, regardless of your intent, you move the mouse cursor instinctively over the "UO" icon.

There is a map of Britannia hanging anywhere, in any room of your house.

There are more than five Ultima-related bookmarks in your "favorites" list.

Your friends have ever asked "you still play that 'game' with all the horses?"

You have ever dreamed of ethereal vehicles for parking reasons.

You can play the standard "bard" tune on any real-life instrument, or have even tried for that matter.

You have ever purchased a bow, large knife, sword, or axe, with no intent of using it for hunting or wood-chopping.

You have ever asked a woman if "she has ever made love to a 4/6 chivmage."

You cannot wear a bath-robe without the uncontrollable urge to cast a spell.

U c4n r34d th1s w1th0ut n3 pr0b73m wh4ts03v3r.

You have ever accidentaly blurted out "rofl, lol, omg," or any other UO-inspired acronym.

When standing in one place for a length of time, you occasionaly look to your left, then to your right, then return to a normal stance.

You watched "The Last Samauri" more than twice trying to find any reference to Bushido.

You use UO lingo that confuses your friends, and think nothing of it, even when they look at you strange.

You have ever missed an important real-life event because of an emergency guild meeting.

You have ever wished that the real world's bank systems were more like UO's.

You have ever referred, in real life, to a "thousand" of something as a "k," and been looked at strangely because of it.

You have ever tried to fit a large table into a backpack.

You have ever been looking through the spice cabinet, and found ginseng and garlic powder, then ran around the house desperately looking for a spider's web...

You have ever uttered "In Lor" when going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

That's just a few for now, enjoy :)

Guest_magenta_*

Guest_magenta_*
  • Guests
And one more that just came to me.. No, I'm not guilty of this, but:

Someone walks in on you while you are crossdressing in womens clothing, and you claim that you hit the wrong button in the plymorph gump.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

You have ever referred, in real life, to a "thousand" of something as a "k," and been looked at strangely because of it.

*hangs head in shame*

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I've always said K. Even before UO Its just easier.. hehe..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: play, uo