Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

You know you play UO too much when...

- - - - - play uo

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

DamageFactor

DamageFactor

Legendary Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
This thread will either die a shameful early death or it will die of spam...

You know you play UO too much when:

You write a 20 page book to see if they really will make them permanent on NPC bookshelves all over your shard. (I dunno yet, I'll let you all know if it happens)

You refer to yourself as a Legendary (insert professional title here)

Your shard goes down and you blame it on scripters for overloading the economy system

You attempt to heal your real pets with nothing more than a cut up old bed sheet

Your keep a collection of bloody bandages when you are done

You are surprised when your pet doesn't decay in 10 mins...

That should be enough to cause hate mail :shocked:
You might be a geek if you quote some obscure 16th century German philosopher... You ARE a geek if you quote it in German... -Some unknown 16th century German philosopher

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
You go to the zoo... at the rhino exhibit you wonder 1. Is it tameable and 2. ridable.

Dain Bramage

Dain Bramage

Damaged Goods

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
You run around screaming Vas Ort Flam and Corp Por yet nobody seems to be keeling over except in laughter.

Your strangle spell only works when you lay your hands upon their neck.

You wish daily that recall and gate travel worked in the real world.

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
You check your UO Aquarium every day religiously, worry if you miss a day or two, and mourn the loss of one of your precious special color Corals....

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Prizim

Prizim

I am getting too old for this!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
You wish daily that recall and gate travel worked in the real world

That is so me...!!!!!
Posted Image

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
What's worse is going to bed after playing UO and spend the night dreaming you're playing UO, acquiring major arty after major arty, and a castle to put them all in, and then waking up. :'(

Posted Image

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
You hit the snooze button and decide it will be ok to sleep in another 2 hours and recall to work later.....then an hour later you wake up a realize your an idiot and rush to work.

You tell your 2 pets "All Follow Me" and when they don't listen you repeat it 5 more times until they walk away and you figure they have gone wild....
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

What's worse is going to bed after playing UO and spend the night dreaming you're playing UO, acquiring major arty after major arty, and a castle to put them all in, and then waking up. :'(

I've lost count of all my UO dreams.

But what's even worse (and sad because it actually happened), I woke up for school one morning and while half asleep had the character selection screen in mind and was wondering what character I'd log on to go to school with.

Sigh.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
You spend ten minutes in your garden shed looking for that ornate axe to show it off. :)
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts

You spend ten minutes in your garden shed looking for that ornate axe to show it off. :)

I love that one!!! Nice Spellchanneling Ornate to impress people as you chop your trees! :)

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Skatha

Skatha

Skatha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
In the early days, I've been known to pull my car off the road next to a field of flowers, in order to pick up reagents......

And recently dreamed (since i can't find it anywhere on stratics) that UO had transported a whole guild (changing their clothing and pets to pink first) between shards in an effort to allow cross-shard wars for pvpers..... I did dream this, didn't i? it is so clear in my mind.......

Zynia

Zynia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Man I dream about UO almost every night lol. I remember when I was (insert intoxication here) everytime I closed my eyes I was in the real world, but everytime I opened them.. I was in the liche forest dying running around the woods. And yes running into trees does hurt! LOL.

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
You attempt to heal your real pets with nothing more than a cut up old bed sheet

oh man thats a good one

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
you completely understood every post here and go “um... you mean thats not normal?”

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Dain Bramage

Dain Bramage

Damaged Goods

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
You have friends that when met in real life call you by your screen name.

You have ever wondered what professions you are in real life.

You don't know what the term real life is.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Not only that, but when they call your real name, they have to repeat it a few times before you realize they are talking to you.

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
You see an empty lot and think "I bet a log cabin would fit there"

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Prizim

Prizim

I am getting too old for this!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
You look for the ignore option when your boss is annoying you
Posted Image

toplessphoenix

toplessphoenix

Holding on to My Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
...when some one reeeeaaaalllllyyyy makes u mad and u wish u were in fel.....

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests

You have ever wondered what professions you are in real life.

You don't know what the term real life is.

There is a group of 4 guys in my guild, that go to school together. They call eachother by their screen names at school, and everywhere else outside of UO. I laugh at that everytime I hear them talking on vent and stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: play, uo