Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New Haven - - Your Impressions!

- - - - - haven impressions

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
Well, I hate it. Back in UO REN, there was a training dungeon. After you did that you went to a newbie-only Haven. Then Haven became public with some massive changes to where much of the stuff was located. Now it's just been "destroyed"? Jeez!

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
more info to overload someones brain. when in a party and you type /t# where # is the number assigned to the player in party, you send a message to that player only.

And the blessed stuff got nerf'd already. The only item that is still on the powerful side is the gift from inscription. If you see it, you will know why I start with 49 inscription on every new charactor I made :) I think I need to dbl check the sheild though, I sware I saw a Str requirement of 95 on it on one of my charactors that got it before they changed it down some. A few of the items seem to have a decently high Str requirement for a new charactor. One thing I would like to see changed is to make it 50.1 or 51 skill to get a reward sence most new charactors would make their template one of the prefab ones and not an 'advanced charactor'. I am glad they don't accept soulstone useage when under a New Player Quest anymore, but I think buying skills is a little strict.

As for my thoughts on the town itself, it really does look nice and would have liked a better backround story on it. (and take down the doors on the bank! Make it a pavilion please! hehe) Old Haven is definatly the place to train magic resist now. The spectoral whatchamadoddles cast resistable spells only, no damage spells. So if you stay a few steps ahead of them, you can have a chain of like 10 following you and can easily get into the 70-90 magic resist levels with protection cast. I might even try to train a pet or two there in magic resist. :D

Guest_Faerunner_*

Guest_Faerunner_*
  • Guests
I think we do need the story to be built up but as someone noted they are still finishing the quest instructors and troubleshooting bits of it... I did notice the huge spawn rate myself while messing about on TC with a new character, and it got kind of annoying, especially since outside of town the greater mongbats will aggro and if you aren't careful a new player can be surrounded by them pretty fast. I'm pretty sure the boglings aggro too. Didn't check anything else, was too busy trying to run away with my newb mage, I hate spells fizzling! :P

My only real complaint is that I still haven't seen a stable in Haven and new players really should have a place to get a cheap mount - I always bought a horse or got out my tamer quick for my new characters, and it'd be convenient to have a stable somewhere in town... unless I missed it when I was wandering the other day? Not to say walking isn't good enough but especially for the impatient ones, it's nice to have the option of a horse.

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
I was thinking there was a tamer ESE of the bank. Never checked if that charactor could stable or not though. will check and reply

Lady Destiny LS

Lady Destiny LS

Born again Newb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
confermed, there is a stablemaster in New Haven

Wild Flower

Wild Flower

Wild Flower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Here are some of the new Haven quests with what you get from the quest giver. I only have a few of the attributes but I have listed the items at least. All items are blessed. Hope this list helps some out. Enjoy

Tracking:
Walker Legging's (ninja PANTS)
blessed
phy 10
fire 6
cold 6
poi 3
ene 3

Archery:
blessed
Heartseeker (comp bow)
HCI 5
SSI 10
DI 25

Ninjtsu:
Silver Serpent Blade (kyrss)
Blessed
HCI 5
SSI 10
DI 25

Fencing:
Recaro's Riposte (War fork)
Blessed
HCI 5
SSI 10
DI 25

Hiding:
20 smoke bombs

Stealth:
Twilight Jacket (ninja jacket)
blessed
RPD 5%
phy 6
fire 12
cold 3
poi 3
ene 3

Tinkering:
Amelia's Toolbox (standard graphic toolkit)
20 charges

Blacksmith:
Hammer of Hephaestus (smith hammer)
Blessed
20 charges

Mace Fighting
Churchills War Mace

Magery
Ember Staff (quarter staff)

Meditation
Philosophers Hat (wizard)

Parry
Escutcheon De Ariadne (Shiled)

Resisting Spells
Bracelet of Resilience

Swordsmanship
Jockles Quicksword

Tactics
Arms of Armstrong (sleeves)

Necro
Full spellbook (nothing special)

Spirit Speak
Bag of Necro Regs (100 each)

Anatomy
Tunic of Guarding

Bushido
Dragons Tail (No Dachi)

Chivalry
Bulkworth Leggings (platemail legs)

Eval Intell
Ring of the Savant

Focus
Clasp of Concentration (braclet)

Healing
Healers Touch (gloves)

Hollowed Spellbook (40 spells - not sure of anything else)

Wrestling
Gloves of Safe Guarding
Posted Image

chave982

chave982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Where is the New Haven Dungeon? How do I get into it?

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums chave982 :) .

Not sure what you are referring to. Can you give a little more detail about the dungeon?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
Welcome chav!

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

chave982

chave982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

The Island next to New Haven is absolute empty. From the former ruins there is one secret wall title left.

I searched around half of the dungeons and didnt find obvious changes. Of course the dungeon cave walls, as mentioned above.

This is where I got the impression that there were dungeons in New Haven. Sorry if this is an obvious mistake...I'm a complete noob!

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
No problem. At this time the only "dungeon" ("dungeon" meaning where you can always find monster spawn) around New Haven is the "old" Haven :) .

Which shard are you playing on? We are more then glad to try and help you out.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chave982

chave982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
I'm playing on the Chesapeake shard...which doesn't look very popular by looking at everyone's avatars...

Thanks for the help!

Sebrina

Sebrina

Legendary Medium

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
I'm still making adjustments for this New Haven. I've not made up my mind just yet.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome Sebrina to UO Forums :)

There are a few chessy players here. So don't give up all hope :P

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
You can always move from Cheesy to Europa :P

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Thank for the list!
Posted Image

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
I was surprised to wake up one morning and see it had all changed, I am not sure what happened. It looks good except the guy spamming in the centre. I think they are still working on it.

Lady Kismet LaRue

Lady Kismet LaRue

Where is she Again?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It's just ghastly!.. I honestly prefer the old Haven, but I'll accept the change , I just don't like.
Life is a journey,Embrace what it has to offer.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Greetings... for those that dont know me, i play on catskills.

Haven gave the Gentle Rest Inn... that is our small guild, the chance to implement a continuous training system... making sure any and all players could finish their characters faster... then we called for the help of the veterans, both rpers and ooc players... so the young ones could learn more... we got the visit of an EA representative, maybe a coincidence that he went to Haven when we were in full spin... and since then things are flowing smoothly... right now we have all the traning systems working... even if i got banned from stratics for arguing they should be posted seperatly... and tried to defend my perspective... anyhow, 24 hours later one of the posts is there... which brings me to my question...

how does the community sees a guild that does what GRI does?

and of course... we're trying to have a point system in haven... so we can throw all the extra items to the trash and collect points so we have house improvement, new statues... fountains... hum, maybe we should call it Haven Urban Tax System...

TY!

ONE CIRCLE!

malk

malk

"Now with Vitamin R!"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
the tracker trainer says "I don't sleep, I wait." That is awesome

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haven, impressions