Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New Haven - - Your Impressions!

- - - - - haven impressions

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

They could've made it an option to have "crafted by" and have the correct name. Or just like that.

*slaps forehead* i just figured sense they got rid of that line, the tried for an eazy fix. should have tired to re-sculpt it first... because that worked. guess i should think before i speak/type. sorry for the misleading info folks.

The ethy horse and llama are the ones that I have seen that still look ethy lol. All the others, ie beetle, kirin, look like normal mounts so far to me.

unicorns and ridgbacks looks like normal mounts as well>:(

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts

*slaps forehead*

I get that all the time. :bduh:

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts

does this mean that the KR graphics are active? or what. I think I missed something here.

Only for those who are in beta testing. Right now the rest of us are seeing 2d (new and old) artwork.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
has anyone checked out the yew trees? the look very different, that or i haven't been to yew for along time :P

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
1) How about that quest sound? Finally turned on my speakers, and YUCK!!! I could not hit the off button fast enough. Sounds like a finaly fanatasy 1 file!

2) What is the deal with the fortress noone could enter?

3) Had a really HARD time locating anything other than the warrior compound. Oddly enough, there is no fencing trainer, or bushido there.

4) The training area spam was annoying as heck. Areas were so small that you would transition through 4 (you have entered, you have left spam), causing 8 spam instances in seconds.

5) Liked the stables

6) The shield is beautiful. I am particularly appreciatve that the devs had the foresight to NOT make it spell channel.

7) VERY disappointed in the choice of a LONGSWORD for a newbie weapon. HELLLOOOOO, Newbs have LOW dex!?!?!?!

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I wish they had made those statues only craftable by a carpenter. At least make us do something!

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
The new player training experience is fun so far. Here's how you organize:

1. If you start with a custom character, be sure that all skills are only 49, so you can accept the noob quests. If you are already at 50 skill when you enter New Haven, you might not be able to get the rewards.

2. Accept all the quests for you template. For a Paladin, for example, accept the quests for Weapon, Tactics, Anatomy, Chivalry, Healing, Magic Resist and Parry. That way you will receive 7 different quest rewards.

3. The noob training area in Old Haven gives blackrock-style gains up to 50 skill level. The mobs there won't aggro on you, so you won't get swarmed by too many at once, the way that you did in the old days with the horde minions.

4. Once all of your skills are at 50 skill level and you have collected your rewards, you'll notice that they are all blessed. Great for moving up to Despise and the Ettins/Earth Elementals, and you won't have to worry about losing your suit!

Very well thought out, IMO.

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I stopped in New Haven last night when I created a new character that I was planning to apply an adv token to. I liked the town overall but was annoyed that there's no longer any way to opt out of the New Haven experience and teleport to a regular town. It took me close to an hour to realize that New Haven was attached to old Haven, and that the moongate was still there. Plus, with no dex, I had to walk the whole way - giant pain.

At some point I'll try the new quests, but I didn't want to do it last night!

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
i feel for you kit, i know what you mean.

also: new party option. click on some and add to party, great addition if you ask me:) partying was a pain in the behind:-/

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
I always just used "/add" to add someone to a party anyway. So not that big of an issue to me.

People are already bank sitting in New Haven making it a bit laggy-ish. lol

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

I always just used "/add" to add someone to a party anyway. So not that big of an issue to me.

just goes to show, you learn something new every day. i never knew about that, thx adri!

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
lol
Pssst.... you can use "/quit" to drop from a party too. Just a lil FYI. :P
  • Nevaeh likes this

GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Noticed one of the instructor on Europa was missing, the ninja yago is not in his dojo, cant find him anywhere >:( .

A lot of the building look as if they was put together by a 3 year old, either that or it is KR graphics and the 2d client cant display them right.

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
darn you, darn you i say..... you are over loading my brain:P thx again adri:)

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Adri

Adri

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Some of the instructors are still missing. Rumor has it they are adding them in.

DarksieD

DarksieD

The old guy from Atlantic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

earthy mounts now look like reg mounts(ie: horses/llama) once dismounted and remounted>:(

Yes i noticed this last night Nevaeh...was showing Snuggs my ethy. unicorn.
I don't really like that they all look alike now
Posted Image

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
I ran a recruitment stall there today. Was a lot of players running around, quite nice. A bit messy though as people started throwing crap all over the place like it was Brit Bank or something.

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts

Yes i noticed this last night Nevaeh...was showing Snuggs my ethy. unicorn.
I don't really like that they all look alike now

It's a bug. I thought I saw a post earlier.

Guest_Macil_*

Guest_Macil_*
  • Guests
CAN WE PLEEEEEEEASE HAVE THE OLD UO BACK?! I'm so sick of this new crap! STOP RUINING A GOOD GAME!!!

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
Is it me, or do the "wilds" around New Haven seem more like a bad Noah's Ark dream? Just running through today, the screen was swamped with every manner of animal. Boars, goats, brown bears, black bears, cougars, panthers, great harts, rabbits, jack rabbits, black bears, llama, timber wolves, bulls, grey wolves, hinds, and even a POLAR BEAR! In addition, just about every bird species was present in great abundance, and they were all interacting very kindly with the boglings, spectral minions, ettins, mongbats, and skeletons.

So, my question is this: Is this intentional, with the latest patch release? Or did the "spawn" go a little haywire?

Might be great for training a tamer, but it's a little annoying otherwise...:-/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haven, impressions