Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

2 GMs deleted the 3rd floor & roof of my keep... [ of goza mats ..T]

- - - - - 3rd deleted floor gms goza mats roof

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source taken from UO U.Hall

Before anyone starts complaining about GM service, I asked them to delete them.

before:

Posted Imageyes i know, i have too much time on my hands

but GM Sakinthlas and Eldariian showed up about 10 min after i submitted the page and promptly started to delete the 2800 gozas that made up the 3rd floor & roof

they even took the time to pose for a pic, heh

Posted ImagePosted Image

so GM service IS improving and hopefully will continue to do so

Thank you to Sakinthlas and Eldariian for being polite & helping me out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A. What the BLEEP were all those gozas doing up there?

B. If you put all those gozas up there, and then tied up 2 GMs to take care of it, shame on you.

C. Were you just lazy? Why not unsecure them and let them decay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must say what with this, and the "73 gold" issue, it certanly seems like GMs ARE turning up in person again, which is definitely a good thing.

However, I'm going to save the champagne until the first report of a GM turning up and fixing a problem that couldn't be dealt with by the player themselves.

Gozas can be removed with an axe - GMs aren't there to do odd jobs for players.

Edit: btw, 2800 gozas cause absolutely 0 lag to anyone who doesn't personally enter the house, and even then, they cause no more lag than 2800 lockdowns - in fact they probably would cause less, because your average item contains a lot more data than a goza (weapons have properties, etc).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A. This was a huge project he had done for fun.
B. The GM's will more than happily assist anyone in game who needs items deleted from their homes. (To my knowledge.)
C. Gozas cannot be locked/secured (you can lock after they place but at server up they are unlocked again, no they will not be erased). And I wouldn't call paging a GM to delete them being lazy. There was well over 2-3k Gozas in there, if he collapsed house to redeed them all/erase them from his keep, it would have caused SEVERE lag in a very large commonly used server, which could get you banned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Couldn't you just take an axe to them and chop them all? Few co-owners and yourself it'd have been done in no time..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You appear to have missed my point entirely.

& you have missed the entire point of the post... this was a ty to the gms who were helpful & to show that gms do come help if you email them & talk to them before paging & asking them to do something, this wasnt a spur of the moment page i have been emailing them back and forth for about 2 weeks [waiting 3-4 days between when i submit a email until i get anwser] and youve turned this into a flame about ppl wasting the gm's time & how support sux, it dopesnt, it works quite well, but you have to go through the proper channels to get things done instead of paging @ random times to get gms to come fix crap

& you have missed the entire point of the post... this was a ty to the gms who were helpful & to show that gms do come help if you email them & talk to them before paging & asking them to do something, this wasnt a spur of the moment page i have been emailing them back and forth for about 2 weeks [waiting 3-4 days between when i submit a email until i get anwser] and youve turned this into a flame about ppl wasting the gm's time & how support sux, it dopesnt, it works quite well, but you have to go through the proper channels to get things done instead of paging @ random times to get gms to come fix crap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i just love everything about this post. the greatness you did to this keep. that is so sweet. (i would have used more colors) haha. and the fact that you used your resorces and got Gm to help you and work with you on the subject. great job. glad it all worked out!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the concern of some here is the fixing of crap in general.

The problem people are having is that for years now, we have been continually directed to the knowledge base and had our wrists slapped for paging on things that we can do ourselves. We are repeatedly advised that the GM team is there to assist with game stopping problems etc, and that paging to have an issue such as yours resolved is a waste of GM resources. Now regardless of lag, length of time, or any other reason you can think of to have a GM assist you, ultimately this is an issue that YOU caused, and YOU were capable of resolving. Thats what makes people mad.

As you said above, you were continually in touch with EA via email to determine the best resolution to this problem and in this situation they felt that you would cause too much lag by undoing your own problem, understandable, however it also makes people question why you werent given a warning for using game mechanics to cause such a problem (being unintentional or not).

The problem isnt with you the OP, it is with the system. If the GMs are willing to come help with any problem that any players feels like paging about simply because they dont want to deal with it, fine, but make that the standard for ALL pages.

In the meantime, if they want to stick with what has been the standard for years, that they show up to help with genuine issues, then thats what they should do.

It is great that you received help (regardless whether anyone agrees with it or not) thats a step in the right direction, however you should be able to see both sides of the coin and understand how upsetting this is to someone who waits in queue for many many hours with a genuine gamestopping problem. If you cant understand that then you are being intentionally blind to the greater picture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy_EAMythic UO Community Coordinator

FYI, guys, building extra floors onto your houses like that may actually be considered a violation - that's why the GMs showed up to remove them. (Placing that many items will generate an enormous amount of lag for everyone who walks by, which violates Rule 24 of the RoC) While we try to be nice to people who page on themselves, it's not a trick I'd recommend trying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This makes very little sense to me. In the grand scheme of things, 2800 goza mats is a miniscule amount of information for a client to recieve, even if they did load without entering the building, and I'm quite sure they don't load without entering the building anyway. As anyone who's ever walked into a packed keep or castle will know, the lag hits when your foot touches the doorstep.

Edit: This also really doesn't justify GM presence, particularly after the OP apparently was in contact with them for 3-4 days. If the layout of his keep was truly lagging people up, that's 3-4 whole days of lag, as opposed to axing them himself which would have taken a couple of hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy_EAMythic UO Community Coordinator

Because they're on top of the building (and therefore visible) they load when you walk by it. And 2800 items on a screen seems definitely on the large side to me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even if they did load (which they don't), that would cause no more lag than a single custom house.

Seems like a bit of a witch hunt policy to me, if you're seriously considering taking action on accounts who use a lot of gozas in their houses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooooooooooo mixed reactions there.What do UOForum readers think ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FiremanFred

FiremanFred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
I think that's an amazing accomplishment of creativity. Sad to see it taken down.
[SIGPIC]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/219/easterbunnyhateer6.jpg[/SIGPIC]

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I think people get their panties in a bunch way too easily in this game. Kudos to the GM's for helping a guy NOT violate game rules when he asked for help. And kudos to the guy for asking in the first place. Everything else in that thread was arguing for argument's sake. Bah....

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

I think people get their panties in a bunch way too easily in this game. Kudos to the GM's for helping a guy NOT violate game rules when he asked for help. And kudos to the guy for asking in the first place. Everything else in that thread was arguing for argument's sake. Bah....

*claps*

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

I have to agree with you there kitiara

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
*agrees with above comments*

One thing is a bit frustrating tho...
I've pages and emailed back and forth over an issue for a bit now, and basically have been told to check the site for answers. This person did this goza mat thing themselves, and they got helped by two GMs? Yes, it's great the GMs helped. But, from the point of view of another player who is getting the runaround (or so it feels anyway) it's frustrating.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3rd, deleted, floor, gms, goza, mats, roof