Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Training pets

- - - - - pets training

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Guest_Hipper_*

Guest_Hipper_*
  • Guests
Hi,

Im still a young tamer but i wonder about pets skillcap and statcap.

What i mean is for example a runebeetle. It seems it has 8 skills (wrestling,tactics, anatomy, poisoning -over 100%, magic resistance, magery, meditation, eval int.) but it does not have any arrows to lower/lock skills. So it has a skillcap over 800 ? or lower ?

Same with stats. I have read that it can be trained to a level of 125 if they were initialy lower than that but fo r example if the pet has str 400, dex 90, int 300 - will dex still get to 125 or not?

Smythe

Smythe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
All skills can be trained to 100 and all stats to 125. There are no caps. If a tame has a stat higher than 125 then it will never raise. The same applies to skills, if a skill is higher than 100 after taming then that is the pets maximum in that skill and will never raise above it.

Tank of Napa

Tank of Napa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The pets Dex and Str will not go to 125 until it has hit 100 Wrestle, Tactics and Anat. Not sure about the Int all of mine have had over 125 Int

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
100 Wrestle Anatomy and Tactics are not required for 125 Dex/Str. They are just much slower raising than skills, so most pets reach 100 wrestle and gain stats faster(because they hit more).
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Zynia

Zynia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
www.tamingarchive.com

for a great resource on maximum skills, resists, and stats on just about every pet. It's been around for years. And I completely recommend it :)

Skatha

Skatha

Skatha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks, Zenya.....

Had that ages ago, left UO for a couple of years, got new computer, lost the URL and have been wandering around pretty clueless since.

Delighted to have it once again....
Haterade: A trace vitamin that restores your ability to continue hating long after most people would give it up.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
It almost seems as if tames have a sort of "gain quota" for skills and stats, and there's a hierarchy how they're gained. For instance at first all gains go towards skills, and only once several skills have reached max will the gains be directed elsewhere, like dex. That's just the feeling I get :)

Also for some reason my pets tend to gain dex better if they're being ganked by several enemies rather than fighting just one. Weird.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pets, training