Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Would you pay for it?

- - - - - pay

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Lady Shiela

Lady Shiela

Darksaber's Baby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
You know if i had that kinda money..i wouldnt be playing Uo at all lol..im sorry thats just wrong!

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
If I was so rich that I didn't have anything to worry about, and I still played UO, yeah I'd buy it.
It would mean having more money than I would know what to do with.
But sure it would be a fun thing to have.
Although I wonder if I would still play UO if I were that rich. There's a whole lot of world to see...

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Zynia

Zynia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Well if I won the lottery MAYBE I'd buy it.

Okay I totally would. But what are the chances of that! lol.

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
Sad part is, there isn't $50k worth of stuff in that list. Someone really needs to take him aside and let him know what is and what is not a serverbirth item.

This is also partly why the majority of my rares and event items stay locked up, out of sight.

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Zynia

Zynia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
So you're telling me I'm not the only one with goodies in chests? :)

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
if i had a few million dollars just laying around i might spend that much uo, but then again if i had a few million i think i would be out doing much funner stuff than playing uo.

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

So you're telling me I'm not the only one with goodies in chests? :)

I _really_ watch who I show the bulk of my collection to anymore. Finding people I don't know hidden inside my tower, having random people on newly made characters run up to me at the bank and start asking me what rares I have and to show them, and bugs such as the paperdoll backpack issue..don't make me paranoid, but I just keep everything locked up so I don't have to worry about it.

But the other aspect is, too..I don't like what the rares collecting atmosphere has turned into ever since shard transferring became available. It's led to this quest of some to become the "uber pimp collector" and a lot more to emulate them. It use to be, there was a rares community per shard, many collectors knew one another and knew who had what, things were more spread out, et cetera. But now you have what's going on above- *points upward* -where a few people who are trying to convince many people that they've achieved some higher level of gameplay and it has caused the cost and pursuit of collecting to climb to the absurd.

So, I keep a lot of mine hidden away. I pull them out, use them to decorate, rotate through them, et cetera. *shrugs*

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

illusion-METRO

illusion-METRO

An Old Schooler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Can I get a link to this thread? I've searched alot of Stratics and I can't find it. Thanks.
Illusion:
-An erroneous perception of reality.
-An erroneous concept or belief.
-The condition of being deceived by a false idea.

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
It's in the rares forum.

As far as keeping goodies in chests.... I like to share mine.
I mean I don't have a house in Luna gates or advertise as a museum or anything, but anyone who happened by might enjoy to look around. I would never lock my stuff away. No point in having it then...

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

FreeUOGold

FreeUOGold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Just ran across this thread, although I'm a little late. You're right that it doesn't appear to have $50k worth of items, but I'm taking gold at $0.80/m. That's about what I get it for in bulk (being 100m+ on the same shard). That means it would have to be around 62.5b gold. Nah. Don't know the values of half of them, but just at a glance it's way short of that mark.

If it were such a deal that I could purchase a lot of rares on one shard and redistribute some of them to museums for free, sell back the rest (80% or so) and break even, then heck yes, I would do it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't spend $50k, but $1k, $2k, or so, yeah. Perhaps some of the rest being sold would also be picked up by those who own museums, instead of having the one huge lot obviously be picked up by someone who just wants rares (or wants to resell them for profit).

Personally, while I think it's nice to have most rares from a shard stay there, I don't mind that a few go from one to the other. It's like having an authentic foreign cuisine restaurant in town. You get to taste what it's really like, instead of taking second-rate and going off of hearsay about how good it is, or looking at pictures to see how much it makes your mouth water.

I'd love it if some shard (or all) would have a huge museum dedicated to their own rares and history, and a museum of 'foreign' trinkets. Think Marco Polo or something like that, bringing back a little something so that people of one area can learn about and appreciate the history of fellow brave men and women from other shards.

Regards,
Josh

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
The only way I would consider spending that amount of money on UO or for that matter, a computer game in general is if I was so rich that dropping this amount of money on something wouldn't even make me think twice about it. However, I agree with Threnody, in that if I had that much money to just throw around, I wouldn't care to spend it on computer games because I would be using my money to have a greater life. Plus the whole point of gaming, atleast from my point of view, is to have a challenge, overcome it, enjoy it and so on and so forth. If I could just buy this stuff, without having to do anything, well the entertainment value would be there for a couple weeks, then I'd get bored as hell and probably end up re-selling it.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
I don't think I've ever had that much money, period. So the thought of spending an amount like that on virtual stuff I don't even particularly want or need is ludicrous.

But as said above, if I was a millionaire and spending that amount was the equivalent of buying a candy bar for me, sure, what the heck.

Posted Image

VoloMapleLeaf

VoloMapleLeaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Put simply if i had enough money to wipe my butt with hundreds then i would buy it and give it away for free just to watch the chaos haha.

Guest_Darkain_*

Guest_Darkain_*
  • Guests

Put simply if i had enough money to wipe my butt with hundreds then i would buy it and give it away for free just to watch the chaos haha.

Wasn't exactly sure if you meant giving the hundreds or the rares away, but I had an image of a person wiping their butt with hundreds then throwing them into the air at Times Square and everyone grabbing for them. Chaos indeed. :laugh:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pay