Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Samurai PvM Skills

- - - - - pvm samurai skills

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Lister

Lister

of Smeg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Anyone have a template they can share?

Currently on my samurai Jax, i have

97.5 Bushido
85 Swordsmanship
85 Parrying
70 Tactics
110 Focus
85 Strength, 85 Dexterity, 55 Intelligence

I started doing anatomy, but can't decide on what the last skill i should pick will be. I don't know if i should do resist, or just make up for resist with armor. or if i should take up healing or chiv. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to make a decent PvM char that can handle some big stuff.

Thanks!
Lister of Smeg

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I'd drop Focus and go with:

Swords (110 Min)
Bushido (100 Min)
Parry (100 Min)
Tactics (100)
Anat (100)
Healing (90)
Chiv (70-80)

90-100 Str
125 Dex
Rest into Int

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
But dropping focus what would he do for mana regen?

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

But dropping focus what would he do for mana regen?

Get mana regen armor!

GM focus only gives you 5 mr and that can easily be obtained off armor piecies. Plus if he stays human and wears all medable gear he will get +3 mr right off the bat.
Posted Image

Lister

Lister

of Smeg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
good ideas guys, i stoned off focus last night. Started anat (was at 50, is at 98.7 now)

since im a new player i only have 700 pts, so DiP thank you for your guidance.
Lister of Smeg

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
:) Glad to help out. And as Ben pointed out, if you stay human you'll get +3 mana regen as long as you wear all medable armor. The Stamina regen missed from not having focus can be made up with either armor, or Divine Fury (chiv spell).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Lister

Lister

of Smeg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
is it worth it to take chiv to gm? currently im at 97.7, but i refered back to this and saw you said only to around 70-80. What does swords 110 do for you?
Lister of Smeg

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
110 swords means you hit more often and get hit a little less too.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I would keep chiv at 60-70 unless you want to hl spam, but that only works in fel and since this is for pvm I say keep chiv at 60-70. Want swords as high as possible since it increases your defense and offense.
Posted Image

Lister

Lister

of Smeg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
holy wow, figured out the easiest way to gain healing last night at least. but in the process i gm'd chiv (which im gonna drop now).

Standing in luna bank area, casting noble sacrifice then healing. I went from 38.1 to 75.5 in 4 hours!

Still trying to locate a 110 swords though, cant seem to find one on legends yet.
Lister of Smeg

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Neat way to train healing!
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I do healing (once above 60) & parry at the same time. Sheep are awesome... errr.. yeah.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Lister

Lister

of Smeg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I do healing (once above 60) & parry at the same time. Sheep are awesome... errr.. yeah.

yea im gonna hit the sheep up soon to get my parry up some more. its @ 85, but 100 with a +15 ring. Debated just locking it here.
Lister of Smeg

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
What else is on the ring? +15 parry isn't worth keeping if that's the highlight of it.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Jakar

Jakar

I'm very sneaky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

I'd drop Focus and go with:

Swords (110 Min)
Bushido (100 Min)
Parry (100 Min)
Tactics (100)
Anat (100)
Healing (90)
Chiv (70-80)

90-100 Str
125 Dex
Rest into Int

I have the exact same samurai build. Works awesome!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvm, samurai, skills