Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

This weeks FOF KR screenshot

- - - - - fof kr screenshot weeks

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
The sad thing is, there are few that post at the "Official UO Boards" that actually do still play the game, and even fewer that don't have their own agendas.

I wish they'd incorporate an easier way in game for those that actually play to give feedback instead of the roundabout way they do now.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

My experience with Stratics and the old MYUO boards was that a very load vocal minority runs rampant thru the forums.

ESPECIALLY on UHall. :-/

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
I think its nice.. as long as they release the xml files for every damn bar there is in the basic UI.. healthbars/mana/stamin/paperdolls/shortcuts/backpack .. yea all of it that is visible.. so i can create my own UI.

Posted Image

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Anyone notice that in all the pic of cities, the grounds look abandoned? Weeds choking the parks, twigs littering everywhere. What happened to the infrastructure for the cities?

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
They didn't collect enough taxes to keep them up :-/ ?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
Long as the Interface is customisable to be damnably close to the old one I'll be using KR I reckon. I'd suck it up and take it like a man if not, but I'd much prefer to have my backpack as it is now, and not have bars all over the place.

Hanse Davion [-V-], Haleorn [DDi], Angfan [Clw]

1998 - 2010

Hawkwind

Hawkwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
so it turns out this screenshot is in new haven, kinda cool.

The87

The87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
Im still nervous that they are going to leave us without the free-spacial backback we currently have.... id rather not deal with lists all day long... i like the current interface.

That said, im a big fan of the way the toolbar is shaping up - screen shot seems to have a simple hot-key assigning interface (much like diablo2)

I agree with earlier posts too - that chick is way too manly.

CheesePlant

CheesePlant

Won this title in a raffle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
I read somewhere that there might be an option for backpack storage just like the option to keep the blackscreen.

I just wish the game wasn't going a depressing dark colour but I wont judge until its released! :)

Saphireena

Saphireena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
This shot has the same issue that all the others do, something that concerns me as an old fan of Ultima style graphics: the lack of definition using a darkened border around objects to make them stand out. I was talking about it on the Stratics thread concerning the shots and people seemed to really be split in two camps. Some love the defined stroking, others hated it.

Ultima 7

Posted Image

Ultima 8

Posted Image

Stroking has always been a strong visual theme in Ultima games, I'd hate to see UOKR lose that and end up looking like every other isometric game you see out there.

I made a mockup of how it should look to me, using a gif animation to compare both and after. I'd love to hear more opinions on this and why you thought what you did.

Posted Image

Another thing I notice comparing these screenshots is how much I loved the rich deep colors of the old games. Earthy tones are fine as long as they are not drab. Earthy tones can retain a wonderful depth of color - like a fine red wine or a pine tree as the forefather games prove. The new graphics pale in comparison as far as color usage goes. I will say one thing though, the new colors are in my opinion much better than what we currently have in UO, so at least it's a step forward.
Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

Stroking has always been a strong visual theme in Ultima games, I'd hate to see UOKR lose that and end up looking like every other isometric game you see out there.

I made a mockup of how it should look to me, using a gif animation to compare both and after. I'd love to hear more opinions on this and why you thought what you did.

Posted Image

I am liking the look of that very much.Nice defined lines but a softer over all look in side .

Very nice and well done on the work you have done there .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

seon

seon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Hm just a notice: You did see the gloves are under the sleeves right?
I hope that will be changed hehehe.

As for defined outlines, it would look more ...cartoonish. But thats just my opinion. Hey its still BETA so i guess we cool expect more from the actuall game.

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
I want stroked !

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Stroked looks much better, imo
It's more cartoony in some ways, but it does look alot cleaner.

seon

seon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Ive come to agree too....Stroked!

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Stroke me stroke me.... stroke... stroke...

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Stroke me stroke me.... stroke... stroke...

rofl
I was thinking that too!

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
:P

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Stroke it to the left, Stroke it to the right... haha that song is classic! But I do agree, the "stroked" version is better.

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

seon

seon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
so.....will they stroke it???

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fof, kr, screenshot, weeks