Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

This weeks FOF KR screenshot

- - - - - fof kr screenshot weeks

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
HEY!!!!

I was only looking after you told me to!

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
WAIT!!!!

Blame Cabe not me :P

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
You can't pass that buck on me Vepl, this ones all your fault!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
*tries to look innocent*

Mine?!?!?!?!

I'm sure someone else caused it :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
i definitly think they need to look alot cloer at the graphics before the release.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Guys your voices can be heard in beta, If enough folks send in the reports and talk about whzt they'd like to see. Things can get changed.
We should use the opportunity when it comes.

~ Se'an

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
looks like the paper doll is an a cup and in game is a boy :'(

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Kimmy is right... All boys will have A-Cups.. :/ hehe

The minimap ontop of paperdoll looks horrible as well. I hope for change.

The darker colors on the gameplay window makes it all looks too blurry. Need change.

The health/mana/stamina bar over paperdoll.. omg.. is this mmorpg creator program they used?

I'll search for some screenshots that are made by this creator program which is the most simple program in the world to create a mmorpg.

Lots to go till release of course.. but sooo simple made.

http://mmorpg.com/ga...ns/display/9900

Hope that link works.. see a similarity in bars? ;)

Posted Image

Hawkwind

Hawkwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

The icons look very simplified yeah...

As to the women , well atm they all look like sex goddesses hee hee, so i guess they have turned it on its head. Now they all look like page boys :D

I dont suppose anybody noticed the similarity of Jeremy's avatar, and her real life self. This is not a coincidence, im sure it was done on purpose, and again im sure that the other female avatars will look more like woman.

This is just on account of Jeremy really looking like a man :/ no offense

Hawkwind

Guest_Fishin Fool_*

Guest_Fishin Fool_*
  • Guests
Well I am not the only one who thinks the icons look horrible. They look cartoony and unfinished.
They look like they were rushed to get this out and just slapped some icons up.

I do hope they make the icons and frame are much shaper and more fitting UO stile.

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Even in game at the moment the females look like males when dressed up in armour apart from they are sleeker and more defined. Im sure if you chance hairstyle put a dress on her, we'll see alot more cleavage!

Full Circle

Full Circle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
When I look at that picture it brings to mind UO with it current UI and with UOA makes a game where you actually play the game watching the action on screen as you hit your corresponding macro keys on your keyboard without even having to look at the keyboard. The new UI setup which is a copy of what's popular on other MMO's which is described as whack a mole UI turns UO's UI from one where you focus on your character and surrounding to one where you spend half the time looking at the interface.

Richard Garrot coined the term for this called playing the interface. LOTRO is terrible for forcing you to play the interface rather than watching the action on screen. It’s a horrible dull setup which new MMO’s really need to move away from. Tabula Rasa Richard Garrots MMO in development does a great job of this.

Hawkwind

Hawkwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

When I look at that picture it brings to mind UO with it current UI and with UOA makes a game where you actually play the game watching the action on screen as you hit your corresponding macro keys on your keyboard without even having to look at the keyboard. The new UI setup which is a copy of what's popular on other MMO's which is described as whack a mole UI turns UO's UI from one where you focus on your character and surrounding to one where you spend half the time looking at the interface.

Richard Garrot coined the term for this called playing the interface. LOTRO is terrible for forcing you to play the interface rather than watching the action on screen. It’s a horrible dull setup which new MMO’s really need to move away from. Tabula Rasa Richard Garrots MMO in development does a great job of this.

If you had any other mmo experience, you would also know that all of those little icons can be mapped to a key, additionally, with the incorperation of an actual working chat system (hitting enter to prompt chat, i guess garriot in all his infinate wisdom decided to leave out), you will have atleast 4x the keys to bind on those icons. virtually every key on your keyboard will have its own function outside of chat.

With all that into consideration, your point is no longer valid. There will be absolutley no need for clicking them, unless they are being moved to a different slot/button.

I also see no difference whatsoever between the current macro system, and this new system in terms of "playing the ui" if anythign UO's current ui system is more of a time sink.

Hawkwind

ps, i wasent trolling, just felt the urge to get that in there.

and the female avatar, fails at life, make one with huge cans, more than half your player base is males anyways. and the few woman that complain about their models looking like sex objects are just low on self-esteem.

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
But you can customize the new interface to be just like the old one, you dont HAVE to have those quick bars at all. Though I may be wrong!

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Tigurius, Yes it has been in discussion that they may allow customized UI. Nothing definative yet on that though.

Hawkwind, Welcome to the boards. Let's be careful with the personal analogies. We strive to keep these forums running with the idea that everyone gets respect and gives the same. Other than that, enjoy the forums.

~ Se'an

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

and the female avatar, fails at life, make one with huge cans, more than half your player base is males anyways. and the few woman that complain about their models looking like sex objects are just low on self-esteem.

A UO mans dream!

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Richard Garrot coined the term for this called playing the interface. LOTRO is terrible for forcing you to play the interface rather than watching the action on screen. It’s a horrible dull setup which new MMO’s really need to move away from.

I agree completely! I can not stand most mmo's interface. UO is the most playable game I've ever played. Guild Wars is a close second. (so few games allow for mouse movement of your character!)

Most games make me feel like I'm so busy clicking the #$@ buttons that I can't enjoy playing the game! (WoW, LOTRO, City of Heroes etc...) Scions of Fate has a nice interface for the most part. (a freebie, not a very good game really, but the ui doesn't make me hurl)

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
The only bad thing about UO's at the moment is the small screen size!

Hawkwind

Hawkwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

I agree completely! I can not stand most mmo's interface. UO is the most playable game I've ever played. Guild Wars is a close second. (so few games allow for mouse movement of your character!)

Most games make me feel like I'm so busy clicking the #$@ buttons that I can't enjoy playing the game! (WoW, LOTRO, City of Heroes etc...) Scions of Fate has a nice interface for the most part. (a freebie, not a very good game really, but the ui doesn't make me hurl)

Ive played wow since launch, and from the very first day, before any add-ons, i was able to play the game without clicking my mouse in combat.

The ability is there, this new ui we are getting, mimicks the same functionalilty. With all your spells and abilities bound to keys 1-0 etc, you "could" rebind those keys on your hot bar most likely, and use them for skills or potions/bandies.

I really dont know why so many people are taking this new client as a negative thing, when pretty much every "gameplay" gripe can be met with a reasonable resolution, that in most cases, makes the game easier.

Uo is one of my favorite games, but the UI and macro system leaves somethign to be desired for sure. I am hoping that this will keep me playing uo, however seeing gripes about very positive things really make me wonder if the community who hasent taken to other games yet will accept it.

Lets just wait for the release, i guess keep griping :P and find out for ourselves. Im hoping that it will be as good as it looks.

Hawkwind

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
My experience with Stratics and the old MYUO boards was that a very load vocal minority runs rampant thru the forums. Most folks I talk to in game and I know to be active players see this as a positive move. We all also need to remember open beta can still influence a lot of things with the UI. A strong showing of support to allow customized UI's, such as those available in WoW would also be a good thing.

All IMHO.

~ Se'an

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fof, kr, screenshot, weeks