Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

To become a murderer....

- - - - - murderer

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
She stepped into the serpentine dragons lair, only to be screamed at when she animated the dead. She walked through twisted wield, only to be shouted at for summoning lich lords. She sat in labrinth, only to be told to leave because she summoned midgie swarms at a black scorpion.

Her time in these lands was slowly coming to an end. Was this to be her fate? To become a non entity, only coming out every now and then for a special occasion? No... Far from it...

The elven vampire decided to attempt to kill a champion with some friends. She noticed some ghosts at the edge of the area. Not paying them any attention she carried on slaying monsters untill there were a number of candles lit on an alter. Her friends gathered near the alter, telling her to stay close because the champion would soon appear. But instead of the champion, a guild alligned with the ghosts she saw earlier arrived. They out numberd her group 3 to 1 and slayed them all in minutes.

She got to the edge of the area where one of the raiding guild offered her some healing. No sooner had she re awoken from the land of the dead, he slayed again.

A trifle miffed she woke herself up at a local town then headed to wind to kill some solens. She watched a red from the raiding guild fighting a blue from a different guild just outside the entrance to wind. Eventually the blue won the battle. The red ghost was visible to her. She followed it as it wound its merry little way through the tunnels outside wind untill it found a healer to resserect him.

She didint know what made her do it, anger? revenge perhaps?... No neither of them... She couldnt put her finger on it.... But the instant he awoke, she slayed him. Oh my did the ghost have a lot of things to say to her. She didnt care. She was in a slight state of shock... she had killed somebody.... she had taken the life of another mercilessly... She enjoyed it... After some foul language a number of the ghosts friends appeared so she slunk of into the shadows... Wondering what she would do tommorow... Wondering if she could kill again... Knowing her time wasnt yet up in these lands....

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
That first one is always a rush!! hehe..

Good story. You captured the emotion of that pissed off feeling when you work a spawn to 4th tier and boom! The ghost's guildmates show up like cockroaches and stomp you out like that!

Guest_TechnoMulen_*

Guest_TechnoMulen_*
  • Guests
she walked out of the shower .. her naked body shined bright and her ti... ups wrong forum !!

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

That first one is always a rush!! hehe..

Good story. You captured the emotion of that pissed off feeling when you work a spawn to 4th tier and boom! The ghost's guildmates show up like cockroaches and stomp you out like that!

Not my first kill, but to be honest, havent killed anyone on siege for a very long time, and just havent played europa enough for the last year to do anything more than the odd event. Last time i did a spawn, before the other nights, was about a year and a half ago. I guess this recent kill was... well... i dont know... a feeling that a loved may actually have a use AND a sort of flashback to when i could activley PvP. Something which i havent done properly scince factions (and even then im ashamed to say i used to be a tamer :( ).

As it goes no, i do remember the last time i killed someone! it was when the toki artis had just opened onto the 2nd phase (when they could be traded in). I remember it because i killed a realy well known scammer/griefer and swiped a stack of the majors i had never seen before from his corpse. Odds are that was a about a year to a year and a half ago to.

Does anybody remember a guy who had a website devoted to his life as an assassin? He would stalk victims, wait untill the right moment, then kill them. This is going back a VERY long time ago, prolly 4 years scince i last saw his website. If you know the site and its active splash me a link please. I hope to build this character as an assassin like that. A simple res kill is a quick 3k and a angry response. When theres a build up to a kill, no matter how small or large, it just feels that much more satisfying you know?

aaaaaand...

she walked out of the shower .. her naked body shined bright and her ti... ups wrong forum !!

Good imagination *winks* dunno if they have showers in UO :)

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
You should try my griefer template I was talking about in the template thread. It is a GREAT way to piss off a few peeps, and to make good cash. If you dont carry anything on you, it will be a 100% profit. I may just carry like 2 or 3 arcane articles, so when they kill me, they just see "600 gold has been deposited into your bank" hehe. that will really get em, seeing that I made probably a 2400-3k profit, considering they all carry wands now, I love when a mage drops and hes worth 5700. hehe..

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
hehe, pure griefer doesnt appeal to me much, if i did have fun with it, it would not last long. I like the idea of the stalking assassin thing. To much robin hobb intake a few years ago is what i blame that on :grin:

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well, the perfect thing about this template though, is you can throw on a 4/6 casting lrc/lmc suit, and be an awesome spawning char too. You could just go through a spawn and wither/HL stuff. I plan on it being a two-fold character. I really enjoy the rez-spot stealthing aspects, but throw on a nice suit and hes good in a spawning environment too.

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Yeah youve got a good spawning template. I had a necro mage with 105 chiv. Even with negative karma it was still doing good area damage and cleaned out the first few tiers in no time at all.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Ive finally narrowed it down to what I am going to do. here as goes
100 resist
105 necro (in 2 months I hit my 36 month, and will go 110 with the extra 5)
110 ss
105 chiv
110 med
100 hide
80 stealth

For stealthing around and griefing, I will go naked and bring arcanes and blessed items, for spawning I will wear the pvp mage suit.

I am really excited about making this char, as I havent played with new templates in a VERY long time, this will be one for the books!

I even like that necro/mage/chiv idea too, just take out stealth and hiding, and tweak a few small skill points here and there, and boom, the ultimate magic char.

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

I am really excited about making this char, as I havent played with new templates in a VERY long time, this will be one for the books!

Yeah, im kinda excitable about being an assassin and stuff. Gonna have to chop and change skills on her but hey, adaptation is always fun :grin:

Im curious, how come you want necro at 110? My necro mage had 120 necro, but he used revanants. All my other character get halted at 105 because the only benefit of 120 is vampiric embrace and rev's at 100%.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Well, I like to be 100% absolutely sure on stuff, and I was thinking of adding revenants into the mix, and I would hate to fizzle on stupid crap. I have known people to fizzle gate travel at 110 magery. Like I said before, the last thing I want to do is stealth up to a guy, try to wither, and fizzle, and I am then exposed..ultimately leading to a pathetic death whimper..

DamageFactor

DamageFactor

Legendary Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Sorry I don't do many champ spawns in Fel, I've heard of giant wars at champ spawns but I didn't realise the dead usually watch for the right moment to summon their gank friends...

So, why not just use the spell that expulses the dead from champ spawns? I can't remember if it was Spellweaving or Necromancy that has it. I think it is Necro... Anyway if you can see the dead as a necro, why not exorcise the dead in that situation?
You might be a geek if you quote some obscure 16th century German philosopher... You ARE a geek if you quote it in German... -Some unknown 16th century German philosopher

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Exorcism, it was a brilliant spell! awsome spell! worked for a while when it first came out, any ghosts within 17 tiles of the alter get kicked away! unfortunatly they now stand 18 tiles away :'(

DamageFactor

DamageFactor

Legendary Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Exorcism, it was a brilliant spell! awsome spell! worked for a while when it first came out, any ghosts within 17 tiles of the alter get kicked away! unfortunatly they now stand 18 tiles away :'(

lmaorof... oh I'm sorry I laugh... But what a good idea that went to waste...
You might be a geek if you quote some obscure 16th century German philosopher... You ARE a geek if you quote it in German... -Some unknown 16th century German philosopher

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
I agree, realy bad shame. Doesnt appear to be as many script ghosts anymore, but they are still about :'( Found a lot of them tonight.

DamageFactor

DamageFactor

Legendary Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Oh they are running the scripts that make noise when peeps show up?

I always wondered if the scripts worked if someone is in stealth mode... I would make a char with stealth, hiding, and spirit speak just sneak up on em and call a GM...

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
120 Spirit Speak is a beautiful thing when checking for ghost cams.

In the spirit of successful murdering.. My favorite choice was Stealthing in Shame on my noxxer. For some reason, people who hunt elementals don't feel a need to carry orange pots. Follow them around for about 20 minutes.. kill loot and hide. Give them 15 mins to feel falsely secure that you've left.. rinse and repeat.

Damage inc.

Damage inc.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Looking back on the post i can almost feel that emotion :)
my first was before tramell existed and i got fed up of being pk'ed in mines, and i worked up a mage, took me ages, then got guilded to the same guild that killed me, and finally took out the first one that was in the party of 4 that killed me, then took another and another, my heart was in my mouth, i got all 4 and got booted from guild (no shock there) but i kinda got addicted!
now all these years later, that same char has over 3k kills and i dont use it alot. I have never ever killed a mule :)

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Think its just been so long scince my last kill... i dont know... up till a year ago i was in fel a lot, had a red for a wee while (didnt have the con then to stay red) and up till a year ago me and my girlfriend ran a realy succesfull little shop in felucca at dreamstone along with a busy little tavern. Had reds about quite often, good guys and bad.

Got some great storys from that tavern, and some folk have got fond memories of it. One person always remembers it because the first time she got PKed by a red was near our tavern in the lich forest in Yew. The red rezzed her then took her for a drink in our tavern heh. Not often you find places like dreamstone on production shards.

Anywhos, my quest to become an assassin has started, so heres episode 2 :

http://www.uoforums....ead.php?t=17857

Tank of Napa

Tank of Napa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I miss my stealth archer :(. I got tired of always trying to stay hidden so I flushed my stealth and then went scrictly mage for about the last 9 months or so. I am slowly but surely working my stealth back up but instead of archery i am doing fencing this time. I want my stealther to be a little more up close and personal.