Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Fishing

- - - - - fishing

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Theros Ironfeld

Theros Ironfeld

Former Catskills Companion and UBB Shardmaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Well, since I last played, fishing was not a bad profession to have. You could get some pretty cool items from fishing up stuff.

I have started a fisherman named Sol. I also gave him Cartography and Cooking.

Are there any good fishing guides out there to help me out? I am currently fishing in Magincia, at the southern docks, but I seem to be stuck at 58.0.

Thanks in advance!
I am simply... Theros.

~* Former Catskills UBB Shardmaster *~
~* Former RPGTradeSpot Staffer *~
~* Former Blacksmith of Edinburgh *~

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
quick question for you, why would you have cart on a fisher man? are you planning on making a treasure hunter out of him? welcome to the forums and if you need any help getting started again on cats, pm me :)

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I would suggest eating & varying your location. You wont be able to deep see fish until you hit 65. Stratics has a guide, but its a little outdated.. Once I was at 65 I fished with a friend who could already fish up serpents etc. That way I could train archery while I fished.

Good Luck!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I too have an archer/fishergal - that way, I can attack monsters from off the ship without having to follow them via ship commands to stay within striking distance.

Welcome!

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I have some quirks when fishing. I always stand in the same spot, one tile behind and to the left of the mast. Once I know I'm in a area I know there are serps I will find a spot, stay and fish until there are no more fish or I pull up a serpent. I then mark it on Auto Map, and go back 8 tiles, rinse wash and repeat until I don't pull up a serpent then I'll drift left or right a few tiles and repeat.

Posted Image

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
Here's my fishing guide. It was written when you had to keep moving for gains. You may or may not have to move around for fishing these days?

I never did 8x8 but "slow forward" worked great for me.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Mercedes

Mercedes

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,193 posts
Wonderful ty Tuka :)
Posted Image
Signature courtesy of Atlas607

Theros Ironfeld

Theros Ironfeld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hey all! Thanks for the replies.

I do not plan on being a treasure hunter. I wanted cartography only because I never did it before. I hear now that you can make wall mounted maps as a cartographer, and I think that is neat.

I also never had a real fisherman before. I have pulled MIBs and gotten some pretty cool stuff that can be used as house deco, so I wanted to do that again.

I've also seen something about aquariums. Can these still be aquired? If so, how.

Thanks again!
I am simply... Theros.

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
the aquariums are most commonly bought from fishermen on the docks of brit or skara(a little cheaper in fel). you need to have gm fishing,i believe, to catch the rarer fish that go into them. to catch fish you need an aquarium fishing net and and empty fish bowl. once you have your aquarium set up with fish, you will need to feed the fish(or they will die). all of the above list(nets, bowls, fish food)you can buy from the fishers, even a book to help you along:) gl and if you have anymore questions, pls don't hesitate to ask :) oh and btw, in order to make wall mounted maps, you first need to complete the treasure maps(a few of each leavel 1-5) yourself.... before you can make one. so unless you are planning on making a lock picker, you may want to consider dropping carto for something else. just a little heads up :)

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
You say eating? Food currently makes no difference to skill gain, im sure a dev said... Though I do stand to be corrected!

Theros Ironfeld

Theros Ironfeld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

You say eating? Food currently makes no difference to skill gain, im sure a dev said... Though I do stand to be corrected!

I've heard quite the same thing, but that was long ago.
I am simply... Theros.

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
funnily enough while im here at the black rock area, someone told me to eat also otherwise I would not find any blackrock. At the end of the day I suppose it cant hurt its only clicking a few buttons.

draken

draken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
i had same prob was stuck in 50ish although u cant deep sea fish i got a boat and just barely got off the coast and fished gains was much much much better hope it helps gl

draken

draken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
far as the eating thing i was always told the same about everyhting in melee if your missing eat mage fizzles he should eat other day i got bored extreamly and actually visited the official web site www.uo.com says that eating has no effect in the game like everyone here i was always told it did then again we are talking the official site u know the one EA gave up on long ago

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Jeremy had an FoF on this, said absolutely NO effect.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
the only effect eating has in the game which im told is to keep the realism and of course to feed animals

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

the aquariums are most commonly bought from fishermen on the docks of brit or skara(a little cheaper in fel). you need to have gm fishing,i believe, to catch the rarer fish that go into them. to catch fish you need an aquarium fishing net and and empty fish bowl. once you have your aquarium set up with fish, you will need to feed the fish(or they will die). all of the above list(nets, bowls, fish food)you can buy from the fishers, even a book to help you along:) gl and if you have anymore questions, pls don't hesitate to ask :) oh and btw, in order to make wall mounted maps, you first need to complete the treasure maps(a few of each leavel 1-5) yourself.... before you can make one. so unless you are planning on making a lock picker, you may want to consider dropping carto for something else. just a little heads up :)

Actually, I just checked. It was approximately 250K in Tram Skara and over a mill in Fel Skara.:shock:

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
i never tried fishing but now im kinda interested

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I really enjoy fishing when I have time. It relaxes me. I just wish the loot was better :P

Posted Image

EmersonBiggins

EmersonBiggins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I have a GM fisher and went out and within two hours had fished up all sorts of things, including 5 black pearl. Somehow, I think that if you don't use a certain skill for a while, UO blesses you when you dust it off. That, or my movement at sea (a ritual holdover from 8x8) caused something. I seemed to fish up sea serpents with nets, MIBs, or white pearls every place I stopped.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fishing