Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

3D Client Update (from UOHearld Community News 4/10/07)

- - - - - 3d client community news uohearld update

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

Posted Image

3D Client Update

Jeremy Dalberg

10 Apr 2007 16:16:34 EST

We're pushing out the patch that will discontinue the 3D client for one more week -
the projected date is now the 18th. Keep an eye on the Herald for further updates!

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Next thing you know it will be June before they discontinue the 3d client, hehe
Posted Image

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
all this pushing means its longer until KR actually comes out, But at the end of the day I suppose at least we can be safe in the knowledge they are actually (must be) fixing things to have to push it back.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Maybe, but the last time when they said they were pushing the date to the 11th of April they said they were not pushing back the KR release therefore the 3d folks got one less week without 3d client.
Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
UPDATE

source taken from thread UO3d delay retracted?... in UO U.Hall

Not showing the news blurb anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still see it on my patch screen saying Update on 3D... and still shows Apr 11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any news on this?

Jeremy? Anyone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy_EAMythic UO Community Coordinator

Working on it - waiting for final confirmation. I jumped the gun a bit yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel the same way and do not want to play 2D either, so originally wasn't planning on sorting, etc. anything. I am guestimating 8-12 weeks without playing the game if refuse to play 2D...and I've already prepaid my $ for that time frame. So, I just plan on limiting my UO time and only do stuff when I need to help friends, etc. Goodbye 3D Hello wait for KR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy_EAMythic UO Community Coordinator

It's official now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
This is great nes. I suppose they realized it was pretty dumb to dump the 3D client before we have KR to move up to. I hope they can delay it until the launch of KR (and if it pushes it back a little it would still be worth it!!)

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Tuka I am not sure how much this will really help. If I remember right. They need to kill the 3D code so that they can start testing KR code. I'm afraid they will end up delaying KR rollout or worse yet. Roll it out and not have the bugs worked out with 2D and KR running at the same time.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
Well I've already quit playing until KR comes out. But most of the 3D players I've talked to want as little time on 2D as possible.

They need to do the beta test on a new server (just make a different test center) and don't roll it out until it is ready.

I really can't wait until both the crappy current clients are gone and the Devs only have one client to worry about, but I doubt they will ever get rid of 2D honestly.

Posted Image

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
The really sad fact about this Tuka, is why should EA Mythic CARE if you stop playing? They still get their money from you. That tabulates in the "subscribers" block. Which is where our 100K users comes from.

Sadly, no MMO would ever embarrass itself by tracking active players (especially if it tracked by IP, which would reveal how many accounts are accessed from the same computer). THis would shed uncomfortable light on poor game change decisions. If they could do it, they would never make it public information.

Since inactive players still PAY, it's unlikely that EA MYTHIC will ever notice the MANY ( i have met quite a few) inactive accounts in this silent rebellion. The only viable resolution is to take the boycott to the next level and register everyone's dissatisfaction on the feedback site. Unless you stop paying, in which case you lose your house by the time KR actually rolls. And the chances of that happening on a braod scale are SLIM. They bank on it.

Failing that, we will let Maddux deco every Dev's in game house. That'll teach em.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
The 2 accounts are paid up to Aug & Sep. I have very serious doubts I will be renewing either one as it is.

It's a shame after all these years but I just don't care anymore. I'm really tired of the customer service of EA. (or total lack thereof) UO:KR is just graphics and UI, nothing really changing about EA though.

I play Guild wars a lot more than UO these days. I have already started moving my checks and artifacts into the bank.

Posted Image

elementaltale

elementaltale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So it is true that they are are getting rid of the 3D client and going back to the old 2D client?

If so, you can have my stuff.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Ummm, this is like a 3 year old thread. The new clients are the SA client and the 2d client.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Gman

Gman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
An Corp Thread!

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
LOL, NECROTHREAD!

OK, they DID dump the OLD 3D client, so they could get KR running, which in turn was dumped in favor of the NEW new 3D client.

I'm am very happy with my current 3D client.

[SIGPIC]http://www.uoforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic8169_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
But... SA isn't a 3D client, now is it?...

It's the same 2.5D Isometric stuff the "2D" client has always done in a newer package/GUI...
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

Thorin Ironbeard

Thorin Ironbeard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Forgive me for extending the unnatural life of this necrothread, but... I recently returned to the game, and never played the KR client. The screenshots look incredible.

Eye candy isn't everything. UO has a lot of good crunchy gaming goodness, and old 2D graphics won't stop me from playing. But eye candy pulls the new kids into the store.

The "enhanced" client has some good features and some awkward features, but it would be perfectly acceptable as a transitional step towards a stable, high-performance 3D client. I wish we had some indication that the UO team hasn't given up on that goal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3d, client, community, news, uohearld, update