Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What is the safest way to sell a house for in-game gold?

- - - - - gold house ingame safest sell

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Hit the jackpot at an IDOC today! A custom house dropped. Lots of folks grabbed loot. I stuck around after others had left and managed to place a keep with a tree in the rear courtyard. I'm still fond of my old tower so am considering selling the keep. What is the best way to do this, and I don't use ICQ!?!?
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Finding a buyer or making the transaction?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

SoulStealer

SoulStealer

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
you'll be needing two accounts then.
You'll have to xfer your tower to another account or it will drop. You can't just sell the keep and it'll be fine and dandy. Cos it won't. But there isn't realy a safe way to xchange 200 mill unless it was done with the use of 4 ornies. Your backpack will only hold 125 items and 200 mill won't fit in that. The 200 is presuming that its in fel. Its a lot less if its in tram. Depending on shard anyways.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Both! I've never sold anything this valuable before. I've put items on vendors, but this is new to me.:)
Posted Image

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
I've already made a new account and transferred the good ole tower to it. Another reason to keep the tower was the wood piles stored at the house...800k stones worth would be a pita to move.
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
You could banksit or post on different forums with the info and hopefully catch somebodies eye.

As suggested, if in Fel, you'll probably catch a good price and would trade for valuable items more so than million gold checks (make sure items are blessed/insured before accepting).

To do the transaction, just go through the options of transferring the keep as normal.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
it's in Trammel, Napa so 50- 60 might be obtainable. I like your trade the keep for items option, and then resell the items on a vendor for the actual gold!
Posted Image

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Why is Fel pricier than Tram?
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Fel > Tram

Haha, because for those accounts that have a red character, Fel is the only place they call home.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Register an ICQ numbner, at least till youre done with this.

Ive never heard of Fel Homes being more expensive that tram, all else held equal.

Ive also never heard of a keep going for 200 million either tho. A Castle, sure 200 mil sounds accurate maybe even low, but a Keep? I think Ive heard of Tram Keeps going for like 30-40 mil in Fel, 35-50 Tram depending on location...

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
18x18 customs were going for 60-80 mil in Tram on Atlantic just a few months ago, so a keep for 200 mil doesn't surprise me (though seems a bit high). I saw today on oldtrade.net a Lake Austin keep going for $222 cash. If 50 mil gold sells around $110 cash, that means this keep is going for 100 mil gold. Granted, Lake Austin is a less populated (which to some people means less desirable) server - but I can't see paying much more than 100 mil gold for a keep.

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

Hit the jackpot at an IDOC today! A custom house dropped. Lots of folks grabbed loot. I stuck around after others had left and managed to place a keep with a tree in the rear courtyard. I'm still fond of my old tower so am considering selling the keep. What is the best way to do this, and I don't use ICQ!?!?

im confused......

(i) managed to place a keep with a tree in the rear courtyard.

keeps don't have court yards, do you mean castle(not trying to be rude)?

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Aye, not a castle...it's a greenspace behind main floor of the keep that is walled in, there is a tree in there. The tree's foliage leaks a bit into the walkway on 2nd floor. You cannot get into that greenspace.
Posted Image

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
wow, i thought there couldn't be any "blocking" vegetation inside the walls... i stand corrected :) what shard?

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Napa Valley, coords: 98o27'N x 58o38'E, public house name is "Can't believe it fits".
Posted Image

Lord Child Of Doom

Lord Child Of Doom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Could be worse the smalls that recently were placed in Luna close to the moongate got offers of 700 million to 1.1 billion and as high as 2000 dollars cash. I think I will pass on that my vendor days are behind me. Gota love Atlantic for its sticker shock.

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

house name is "Can't believe it fits".

love the name, i might have to go make a char there just to check it out :)

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

Napa Valley, coords: 98o27'N x 58o38'E, public house name is "Can't believe it fits".

ROFL ** LOVE ** the name!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gold, house, ingame, safest, sell