Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Alacrity Scroll Drop rate redicolously low

- - - - - alacrity drop low rate redicolously scroll

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
http://boards.strati...b=5&o=&fpart=1'> A valid point is made by this poster in UO U Hall

.......Anyway, here goes what i wanted to get off my chest:

The drop rate of the Alacrity Scrolls is so redicolously low to the point that it's not even worth trying, because You can end up using what little freetime You have and still get 0. Sure I have been getting some in the last week, but I've wasted all days, evenings, nights until the point that i have neglected my family and sleep. Still on a good day I get maximum 3 scrolls and some of those on very uselfull skills like Taste ID or Forensic Evaluation.

The last 24 hrs I have gotten 0 scrolls. I cleaned up the last parts of Sacrifice singled handedly, just a few water eles, Elder Gazers, a Liche lord, Harpies, Stone Harpies etc. No Scroll. Earlier today me and my friend cleared whole north part of Compassion. Almost only us. Only one other player there. Still I got NO SCROLL. My friend got 2. I just now singled handledly cleared the north side road of the bridge and quite a bit on the south at Compassion. Ogre Lords, Ogres, titans, lizardmen, Verite, Valorite, Copper, Dull Copper Elementals, Ettins etc. Still No Scroll. I have now wasted approximately 7000-10.000 arrows and no scroll. It takes me so long to set up and get arrows to hunt and get nothing. Almost 24 hrs and 0 scrolls. I got 2 last morning Chivalry and Hiding (Chivalry I already got on 2 fighter characters and on a Soulstone, those were after about 24 hrs hunt as well. I'm giving this a rest now. I've had enough.

This is so redicolously low drop rate and even when they drop the chance to get a skill You want is infinetly low, that it's not worth it. One can not have a life, waste 24 hrs and maybe get 1-3 scrolls or like me 0. I simply can't waste more time on this. My wife goes off for a trip abroad on friday for a week and I must take care of our son of soon 3 years of age all by myself, so I guess that's it for me.

The reasoning to not flood the shards with these is redicolous. There is no chance You can flood the shards with a skill, even with higher drop rate, as You'll end up with different skills anyway, most useless, since to even fight these monsters You need to be GM or above already in most fighting skills anyway. Oh well. I do like the scrolls, but just not the drop rate.

By the time my wife gets back and I can play again I guess the event will be over and this will be it for me for this even then. I do miss ToT II. You knew You could jump in after work. Fight for 2-3 hrs and still get something. I even enjoyed the book of truth event, even if it took 50 books to get something "worth getting", he he he !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think they changed the drop rate for them.
When I was hunting them the first few days I was getting a few in a couple hours, but last I tried I didn't get a single one in over 4 hours for 3 days in a row, I stopped after that, they aren't worth it considering you don't actually get accelerated skill gain like the blackrock area but they're more for noob characters, people are realizing this and getting mad never to hunt for them again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leurocian Ultima Online Designer

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback about the scroll droprate. Barring any unforseen circumstances, we will be increasing the drop next publish (essentially doubling the chance for a scroll of Alacrity to spawn).

Thanks again everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YAY thanks go to Leurocian

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I don't see any problem with it. Some people just need more more more.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Ok, I just have to ask now, what are these things exactly? Are they scrolls with skill points on them?

Can someone explain please?

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
They let you gain more per gain (.2-.5 like Blackrock did) for a limited amount of time (15 minutes, read somewhere someone had a 30 minute one, but no confirmation). Relies on RNG or GGS for gains so they aren't that useful to be honest.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

They let you gain more per gain (.2-.5 like Blackrock did) for a limited amount of time (15 minutes, read somewhere someone had a 30 minute one, but no confirmation). Relies on RNG or GGS for gains so they aren't that useful to be honest.

unknown acronym - what's "RNG" ?

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
RNG = Random Number Generator commonly referred to as luck :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

The problem is that the scrolls are really rare for what they do. Fifteen minutes is not a lot of time. It is possible you won't even get one animal taming gain at a high level in 15 minutes. That means the scrolls turned out to be completely useless.

Either the amount of time should have been raised or the drop rate. The developers obviously picked the drop rate.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Nah, these should be used for lower skill level training, and the drop rate is perfectly fine. Everyone has griped about the drop rate of Doom, yet that hasn't been changed and is far worse than the drop rate of anything else complained about (exception: Valorite BODs). And no, I do not want the drop rate of Doom to change either, take what you can get and quit wanting to be able to obtain everything faster/easier. Getting something only rarely makes that something valuable regardless of what that something does.

I see no reason why they should speed up training at levels where you should pretty much be able to handle your own anyway and are just waiting to become Legendary.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
The problem of drop rate is nonexistent for one of my characters, but abysmal for another. Instead of just increasing the drop rate, shouldn't the Devs look into why some characters have only bad luck with the RNG?
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alacrity, drop, low, rate, redicolously, scroll