Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Vendor Question

- - - - - question vendor

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
how would i go about setting up vendors in my house and what is the cost and is there anyhting i should know before hand

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Go to your local banker. Buy a vendor contract (not a rental, which is red). You will place it in your house wherever you are standing. Note: House has to be public and the vendor will have a rental fee even if empty. The higher the dollar inventory he carries the higher the rental is.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
like vepl said, just make sure you have enough gold on your vendor. other wise you will lose your times when the vendors "time expires". also a good way to put money on your vendors without carrying the gold from the bank to your vendor, is to put a bod book with a deed on your vendor. set the price of the deed for how ever much you want the vendor to hold. then buy the deed. sure as heck beats 10 or 11 trips back and forth to the bank :P

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
thanks ..ok my next question where do i get a bod book and i guess vendors are paid daily and the money is not witdrawn directly from the bank

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
You can put one bod in vendor pack, price it and then "buy" it. Works the same way. The vendor has an account that holds your money from sales and such. He will take his pay from it every day. When it gets to zero that is when your troubles start :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
nope their charge is taken from your gold on the vendor. do you have a friend that is a scribe(they can make bod books)? if not you can find bod books on may vendors, but i may just be easier to spam "buying bod book" in luna. :)

*edit* and darn it vepl you always post faster then me :( the part about having a bod book is that you can set it to not for sale, so every time you need to put gold on your vendor... all you have to do is set the price on the deed :)
  • Silverfoot likes this

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Nice tip Nevaeh!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I think the contracts to place vendors in your own home are called "contracts of employment" whereas the ones to rent vendor spots to other players at your home are the "vendor rental contracts."

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts

*edit* and darn it vepl you always post faster then me :( the part about having a bod book is that you can set it to not for sale, so every time you need to put gold on your vendor... all you have to do is set the price on the deed :)

I hate it when I get beat out on a post too, Nevaeh :embarasse .

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
I am looking for kit's web site, she has a VERY nice merchant starter thread there. Anybody have the link?

Also, here is a link to a longish thread on merchanting / marketing strategy. Alot may not apply to you as a one vendor person, BUT the merchant set up tips may help you move merchandise faster.
http://www.uoforums....ead.php?t=26089

Here is advice from stratics: (deleted, it is out of date as usual).

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, vendor