Who would you like UOForums to interview?

Just curious, but who would you like UOforums to approach for a possible interview?

It could be anyone at EA, or a community rep from another site, or even staff here

So, let us know asap!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunsword and Mr. Tact to see how their new startup is going. Oh wait, that's not UO related...nevermind.

Honestly I'd love to interview Richard Garrot and get his impressions of launching UO, and his thoughts today. (he'd probably only want to talk about Tabula Rosa though.

I wanted richard gariott to, but didnt think I should post because he is not a part of UO any longer. Although now it has been said it would be great to have an interview with him and in regards to you doubt you would get one

"If you dont ask, You dont get!"

I actually think it would be nice to see some Roleplayer Interviews.

Like maybe the Mayors,Barons,Dukes of Roleplaying towns,or the GM's of guilds.

I am interested to see what guild concepts are on other shards to the one I play on,and wether we arent all so very different after all :)

I would also like to see who is 'famous ' on other shards .

What characters are infamous for certain good/evil deeds etc :)

Guest F'Nor

Okay, a day late, but chimming in anyway.

Why not go for some "OLD SCHOOL" folks. What about PKGhost? Adam Ant? Ed McManus?

Then perhaps, as an off the wall one, try to get an INTERN working on the UO project?

What about a Network Op for UO?

Well, to have interviews of headline names that everyone knows or is UO related is great, but you can't have one all the time...my suggestion would be to have weekly or monthly (depending on how much time the "interviewer" had to put the thread together) interview of an active forum member. So that we as a community of active members might get to know another member even better.

Guest F'Nor
"What about a Network Op for UO?" ~ F'Nor

Whats a Network Op? :P

Mum,

Those be the people who manage the networks and/or the servers that our little worlds run on. When things go bump in the night, they be the one's that have to get called in "after hours" to come feed the hamsters, or put the rubberbands back on the hamster wheels.

I enjoyed the PAX interview. I'm all for doing the Guilds, towns player interviews with the team interviews disperesed as appropriate.

Me to

We're looking at upto 3/4 months for an interview to come back from EA (A rough guess), so anything in between, would be good

We did send off an interview to Ryan, the stratics owner back in November, but that hasn't come back, i've given up chasing that one.

The ones we sent to EA back in July/June, were either lost or scrapped due to the time it took EA to submit/look at them.

At the moment, we have 2 pending with EA (Grimmomen and Kittycat)

The only problem we seem to have, is people not submitting any questions

Hmmm perhaps it might be a good idea to come up with a basic list of questions all Dev types are asked, then we can add any special questions to the list if any are aske3d.

Same would apply to guild or individuals?

Might be a good comparison thing as one goes back and rereads the interviews.

Just a thought.

Hmmm perhaps it might be a good idea to come up with a basic list of questions all Dev types are asked, then we can add any special questions to the list if any are aske3d.

Same would apply to guild or individuals?

Might be a good comparison thing as one goes back and rereads the interviews.

Just a thought.

Thats a good idea as its very hard to come up with a different 'set' of questions each time that havent already been asked.

Of course there willl aways be specific questions related to each Devs' job description ,but a 'set' list of questions after that would be good :)

• 1 month later...

Why not go for some "OLD SCHOOL" folks. What about PKGhost? Adam Ant? Ed McManus?

Interesting idea' date=' if you know of how to get hold of either PKGhost or Ed McManus, let me know

Adam Ant might be a....conflict of interest, seeing as how he runs his own (popular) free shard, heh

Then perhaps, as an off the wall one, try to get an INTERN working on the UO project?

What about a Network Op for UO?

Eh nah, interviews through EA seem to take forever

We've still got two pending from 3 months ago and they still haven't reached their intended recipients.

I enjoyed the PAX interview. I'm all for doing the Guilds, towns player interviews with the team interviews disperesed as appropriate.

Any suggestions as to who we could interview? I'm not all that upto date on player run towns etc

Only one that springs to mind, is the Syndicate? I think they're on Atlantic right?

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps, Adam can find one of the original beta testers or someone from the alpha release to give their thoughts on UO. How it has changed and so forth. Their thoughts on Kingdom Reborn..I believe most of would rather hear from one of us, instead of someone who will give us those public affair's approved answers.

How about Mark Jacobs, you know the head of EAMythic. Would really like to see what he has to say about UO. Cause as far as I can find, he has never talked about or to the UO community. And for sometime now he is in overall charge of our little game.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I think it would be cool to spotlight some of the different guilds on different shards. To how they started and what their biggest problems are and stuff like that. I know that Maiya Al Khadir with Runic Kinghts on Atl shard would give a good interview.

I think it would be cool to spotlight some of the different guilds on different shards. To how they started and what their biggest problems are and stuff like that. I know that Maiya Al Khadir with Runic Kinghts on Atl shard would give a good interview.

Yeah, maybe even just start by going to UO.com and plucking out the biggest guild of each shard and go from there.

Cathat + Lotro is a good idea, but I want to expand the Lotro area abit before I do that...oh and change the name of Ultimaonlineforums to ultimateonlineforums :P

I do know Cathat has a new job, with a spiffy title of "Director"

He does pop by here every few days, so i'll ask him if I can post his email I received or get him to post.

I do know Cathat has a new job, with a spiffy title of "Director"

He does pop by here every few days, so i'll ask him if I can post his email I received or get him to post.

Ooooh thats great news.Send him our congrats

I think the Syndicate is a good start. I still think doing an interview of the largest guild on every shard (regardless of play style) is a good idea. Make it a series.

That way you can gear the questions towards finding out what makes them so successful. Some guilds will be pvp others will be pvm, but they're doing something and they're doing it right. I bet there are more similarities than differences.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Mark Jacobs isn't the producer, Chris Rabideau (sp) is

We sent off an interview for him way back in October last year

I sent several follow up emails since and was told to REsend the questions again in January

The last I heard from Chris was

"Unfortunately, I can’t answer them as of yet. I’ll get back to you when I can."

Which was back in Feburary and I haven't heard anything since.

Mr Tact/Sunsword don't work for UO anymore, not sure if they'd want to do an interview or not.