Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ravenmoor Keep

- - - - - ravenmoor

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Name : Ravenmoor Keep
Shard : Europa
Facet : Trammel
Coords : 31°2N 51°28E (take the road north of brit and go south when you reach the swamp)
Owner : Tyrghen
Type : Keep
Contact info : 48022555

Ok ... at last... I'm not done... but I can't work on it much more till tonight and I'm a bit dry on the idea side of things...

So, this is a keep... I made picture of full level each time. So I didn't uploaded them here, I posted them on Photobucket, I don't know if I can make thumbnails here but I'm sure the admins can help me :)

A reduced view of the keep :
Posted Image

Here is the roof/exterior :
http://i166.photobuc...en/Keep01-1.jpg
I wanted it as a big garden with a little pond in the middle.
The two lower towers are a tribute to UO.

The ground level :
http://i166.photobuc...ghen/Keep03.jpg
Basicaly, the workshop... the tribute room to my old town/guilds (defunct now) a big saloon to invite friends for a quiet talk (yeah I like quiet places), the treasure room which is not accessible in any way (too bad for thieves!) and the storage room... not very original... but fill it's purpose...

The upper level :
http://i166.photobuc...ghen/Keep02.jpg
It has a gardener room with potteds plants. A little front garden to enjoy the view in a delightful place. A little museum of stuffs I like to see but never use :) An alchemist room, past the vineyard. A hallway to the Staircase room (the cake and the smith deeds where gifts from friends when they GMed). The big staircase leading to the roof...

That's it...

Well, my first try at a contest :grin: So be nice please!

*edit*

Forgot to mention... one of my main goal was to make all stairs as invisible as possible.. while keeping them accessible. But in my taste those are much too big for the size of the rooms... silly designers! Yet, I got the effect I wanted...

*edit2*

modified the roof pic to match current view ;-)
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Elena

Lady Elena

Rock & Roll Lives!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Wow. you did a real great job on this, love the roof area, it is awsome and really like your dinning room table : )

Lady Elena

Lady Elena

Rock & Roll Lives!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
OPs : ) forgot to say those stairs are great too, Well done !!!!!

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
i absolutely love it!! nice work. i cant even imagine how long it took you to do it all.............

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
That is awesome.

Glad I am not a judge.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
Love the stair concept!!! It it usable?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HaleBopp

HaleBopp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
the construction is so ... TREMENDOUS!!!
@@"

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Howah... thanks for the nice comments...
And yeah, the stairs are usable... they are the only way to reach the roofs. All roofs are connected together and I worked hard to made them non-fallable :) as it is a pain to fall out the keep :)

the pictures are not totally up to date... I forgot to modify a few parts with the latest updates but it's very close to the original

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
After the contest will you share the stair design as I'd like to update the Guildhouse for UO Forums to have access to all roofs! :cheesy:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Yeah no problem... I can show.. easier to show you then you can write it down :)

I am working on a Hill keep too... I'll post it when I'm done in a few weeks... it will be rather fun I think :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Oh and to answer the question about time... all in all 4 full days :-)
I saw the contest saturday 24 :) At that time there was nothing but some tests with gozas... and storage chests all around. Since then I worked 4 days including today :-)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
*amazed*

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
not often you see new concepts in designing. Thank you for entering the contest so we are all edified with new techniques.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Mercedes

Mercedes

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,193 posts
nice job!!
Posted Image
Signature courtesy of Atlas607