Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Newbie PvP template

- - - - - newbie pvp template

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
What is the best PvP template for a newbie in PvP... I prefer not to be magic casting.

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
A swds/pali works great. It was my first pvp char, and still works to this day. I have, and this is off of memory as I havent logged on in a while
110 anat
90 bushido(for lightning strikes and hiryu ability)
80 chiv (i keep it 80 for spawns so I can do Eo1 without too many fails)
90 heal (only need it at this in pvp)
115 parry (i just couldnt find a 120 scroll)
120 swords (120 weapon is a must)
110 tactics

I have like 130hp, 150dex and 60ish mana with my gear setup, and it is a hard hitting template, I have to carry a trap box and orange petals due to no resist. Dont worry about all these templates of the moment templates. this template has worked for me for almost 3 yrs and still does the trick.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Or 100 Anat/Tactics
110+ Ninjitsu instead of Bushido.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Bo and Dip presented good ideals for you. You could even drop chiv to 70 or even 60 and raise busido or ninjitsu to as high as possible. Just note that for warriors busido or ninjitus is pretty much required for pvp.

Plus side to Bo's template is that it only requires 1 +20 ps which makes it very cheap template, which is always a plus.
Posted Image

Copenhagen

Copenhagen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
well i am still a newb to pvp but i do pretty good against about anyone 1 v 1 and it isnt a item costly templet or hard to use
115 fencing.....or any weapon skill - archery
100 tactics
90 healing
100 anatomy
110 resist
100 poisoning
110 nijitsu
a few of my points are made up with jewlry and i am sure you could change stuff to your needs, but this is a pretty good(least for me) templet that isn't item dependent.....most people dont like being lp'd and then deathstriked and/or AI

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
no parry? It just seems like you would get hit too often.
Posted Image

Copenhagen

Copenhagen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
sure i take some shots but they are usually on the run as soon as they get poisoned....or maybe i am just lucky, i have some good HLD/HLA weapons too but they certianly arent uber...i would love to add parry but it doesnt seem to fit ;p and all these new templets i havent figured out yet

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Take out healing and anat and use chiv as your primary healing, you will need to be 4/6 for sure then you will have room for parry.

If you have soulstones you can test it out and if you dont like it you can go back to your orginal way.
Posted Image

Copenhagen

Copenhagen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
i will have to try that when i get home, but it seems it will become more of an item dependent templet like that....

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Only really need to depend on jewelry & weapon/shield.

Not as bad as others.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
You will need a 1/3 ring and brace with fc on weapon and shield, unless you have an orny then you dont have to worry about fc on one of the items. I am only 4/5 but I'm doing alright still have a lot of learning tho, trying to add more tactics to my template atm.
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Helm of Swiftness too if you can make up the resists.

Tactics Ben? Only if it's not taking away from something more important.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Nope I had hiding but know I want to see how much damage I can do with AI and 60 tactics
Posted Image

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Was thinking about dropping chiv to 80. Since, almost all the skills are only karma based not skill base, the only thing I would be losing is HL spamming and the chance to cure posions since that is skill based, but I already carry pots and petals.
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Then drop it lower to 70 if your not going to HL spam.

Isn't AI capped?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Some one just tell me what i'm going to be!

Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
A Girl :angel7:

:)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Oh Vepl! *noogie*

Posted Image

Copenhagen

Copenhagen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

A swds/pali works great. It was my first pvp char, and still works to this day. I have, and this is off of memory as I havent logged on in a while
110 anat
90 bushido(for lightning strikes and hiryu ability)
80 chiv (i keep it 80 for spawns so I can do Eo1 without too many fails)
90 heal (only need it at this in pvp)
115 parry (i just couldnt find a 120 scroll)
120 swords (120 weapon is a must)
110 tactics

I have like 130hp, 150dex and 60ish mana with my gear setup, and it is a hard hitting template, I have to carry a trap box and orange petals due to no resist. Dont worry about all these templates of the moment templates. this template has worked for me for almost 3 yrs and still does the trick.

Just curious what is the benifit of having anatomy over 100? i understand and see how this templet can be affective but the 110 anat, sorry just trying to get my facts straight....also did/do you feel that chiv is greater than nijitsu with the rampid dismounting in pvp?

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

Some one just tell me what i'm going to be!

Just start off with the template Bo gave you, so you can get started.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: newbie, pvp, template