Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

necro or taming?

- - - - - necro taming

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ADZ2K6

ADZ2K6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i have a gm mage with a lil peacemaking but im not sure wether to start on necro or taming as a 3rd skill can somebody help?:huh:

Petra

Petra

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
Well keep in mind that with taming, you will need animal lore also. Do you want to use up another skill slot?
I've always done the mage/bard template with magery, eval int, med, taming, lore, music and provoking. You can do the peacemaking instead of provoking and would be pretty fierce.

Posted Image
Posted Image

ADZ2K6

ADZ2K6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
hmm so i should go with necro?
and also nice pic thingy how do u make them?

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums ADZ2K6!

What do you want to do with this character, mostly PvM or PvP? Also what other skills do you have? I would guess you have eval and/or meditation, and of course music.

I have a tamer/bard. I use him almost exclusively for PvM. It is a tight template but very doable. Here is a SECTION devoted to skill selection. Look it over and if you still have questions let us know. The people here are really helpful.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Petra

Petra

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
If you go necro, what other skills did you want to have? I have yet to create a template with necro, although it would be interesting. You could have a gm magery, eval intel, med, necro, and maybe inscription and/or poisoning also, heck you could get alchemy on there also. It really depends on what you want to do with this char. PVM or PVP?
And thanks :) I made it with Paintshop. There's also a few people on the boards here that make custom siggies. Atlas is one of them and her work is gorgeous.

Posted Image
Posted Image

ADZ2K6

ADZ2K6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
thanks for the warm welcome and i probably will never do PvP
i dont have med, i use focus, eval int, music, peacemaking, magery (duh) thats about it

ADZ2K6

ADZ2K6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
im not sure about other skills really, it just gets boring alot of the time cos i gmed everything lol i need a skill thats pro-active

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
What are your stats and do you plan on getting any skill over GM? Not sure what you mean by a pro-active skill :-/

For most things a full blown bard/mage is an awesome template. If you are just going to GM I would suggest music, peace, provo, discordance, magery, eval and mediation. I recommend med over focus as it will regen your mana faster.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ADZ2K6

ADZ2K6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
but i have 100% lrc and it not medable

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
You can change a suit easier then a skill :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ADZ2K6

ADZ2K6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
bedtime but thanks for the help, ill consider your advice in my dreams

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

uothief.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
As a third option... I hear Discord is amazing. Even for a mage. Hell, any character.

Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry

Yes, I am a Blonde!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMinion Island
Well with Necro you have to have Spirit Speak. The necro spells require it. I have a Necro-Mage-Scribe...She's a pretty powerful Spell caster. 100% LRC suit is a Must for Necro-Mage otherwise you're a freakin regs hauler!! I have a Mage-Bard (Mage-Music-Disco-Provo-Peace-Int-Med) Awesome char, but I'm still GMing everything so I collect death Shrouds LOL. I also have Tamer-Mage this char is alot of fun. I highly reccomend getting Vet on your tamer, so you can rez your pets. All three of these templates work well for PVM or PVP. I hope this helps.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
I have a necro mage with mage/eval/resist/med/necro/spirit speak...she's legendary in all but ss, which is at 118. She's bad news.:) I also have GM inscription that I stone off/on as needed. As mentioned, with this template you'll want a 100 lrc suit or you'll take up half your weight being a reg mule.:(

I also have a mage-bard, with provo/music/peace/disco/med/mage that is a lot of fun to play. Definately different than a melee hack/slash or the necromage above. Different playstyle but effective. In fact, seeing this thread inspired me to get him out as I haven't played him in a while, been too busy working the necromage up to her current state.

Finally, another char is a mage/tamer that I play a lot. As mentioned, you'll want lore with this type char as well, and vet never hurts to do your pet heals/rez's.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: necro, taming