Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

paladin template

- - - - - paladin template

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
Does a actual paladin have a fighting chace in pvp ive notice more mages and necro's and not 2 many paladins my current stats are as follows

swords 120
tactics 120
parry 110
resist 90
heal 100
anotomy 100
chiv 90

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
I would cap tactics to 100, if you have healing and ant you only chiv around 60-70, raise resist to at least 110. You should really have bushido too on that tempalte but up to you.
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
4/6 pally nox ninja works great. Not many people run this template anymore because bokuto evade mages with EP are more gimp. Also to be a really good 4/6 pally, the gear costs a lot more than to be a bokuto evade mage that is just as good.

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
I see this term used alot 4/6 what does this mean i am still a little new to this.and thanks for the imput so far

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
means 4 fc (faster cast) and 6 fcr (faster cast recovery)
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
delet the char!
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
only 2 good dexter temps right now imo

120 ninja
120 swords
110 bush
100 parry
100 anat
81 healing
100'ish resist (need a brace w/ one of the 7 skills...)

bonded hiryu (lesser) required for this template, along w/ enhance pot jewlery, a leet butcher knife, and a leet bokuto...w/ some good macros set up.
You might notice there being no chiv...so really its not a pally, heh. But you can do just fine w/o chiv, just have to carry lots of total refresh potions, and as its an EP based temp, you'rge gonna carry TONS of pots. I set out w/:
20 ghs
20 gc's
10-15 str+ agilitys each.
20-30 total refresh.
enhanced bandaids
trapped box
apples if you want...(i dont bother on this temp.)

Kegs can be a pain but theyre easy to make or super cheap to buy...so really is no big deal.

OR

120 weapon skill (you're preference, i prefer mace fighting or fencing)
120 ninjitsu
120 magicresist
100 parry
80 poisoning
65+ chiv (105 if u wanna holy light. 4/6 casting a must regarldess, and good karma too)

-now depending on how much chiv you've got...a few choices.
could add medi...
could add tactics (best if fencer ...kryss for ai/lp)
could add hiding (some like it...lol)
bonded swampy required for this temp, lots of hci dci lmc regen
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
or you could do like merc does and forget the casting on his chiv, and use anat/heal on the same template (second template.)

then it would be something like...

120 weap
120 resist
120 ninja
80-100 poisoning
100+ anat
91+ healing
65ish chiv
-rest into tactics

dp/ai/deathstrike

problem i find w/ this temp is #1 no parry so u will get owned alot, and #2 requires 140 dex for fast aids...yet hard to work EP into the temp, so stats are gonna be much more stretched thin I think.

I run (usually) on the ninja/bush template, and with 95% ep, and str and agility pots...im able to keep my base str (w/o totem) at like 65, and dex I think is (without crim+brace) 80ish.
THis lets me have like close to 110 mana, and after I drink the str and dex pots my stat line looks like:
140 hp's
140 dex/stam
107 mana
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
either way, the key here imo is ninjitsu.
Without it, you simply stand no chance in pvp against any well-organized group...god forbid they should have a dismounter...
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
one last thing...which ever template you go w/, remember, disarm is key.
Most people you fight are going to be evade spammers, many of them w/ parry.
You will hit them MAYBEE one time out of 10 swings.
Must disarm, then use the equip last feature in client to switch to you're other, harder hitting weapon.

Hit lower defence can be very handy too...particularly for the fencer poisoner chiv template.
Get yerself a nice kryss w/ good hit lower defence on it, and you will find most people you actually DONT need to disarm, just get that hit lower defence off...and yer good to go!
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
hope my advice helps some!

Either way, I am working up my post count. hehe!
Posted Image

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
cutter your advise was very sound and glad i help you work up you postcount i didnt really know the templates were so diffrint in pvp to pvm i really need to do a drastic change on my character.tu all

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

Most people you fight are going to be evade spammers, many of them w/ parry.
You will hit them MAYBEE one time out of 10 swings.

Very Very True!
Posted Image

SoulStealer

SoulStealer

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
With reguards to Cutters templates, I use a char that annoys everyone on my shard. He's unkillable, at least by everyone thats tried (especially since Sonoma now boasts some of the best PvPers in the game):

120 Swords
80 Nox
120 Bush
120 Parry
110 Anat
90 Healing
80 Chiv

I challenge anyone to a one on one.
I ride a hyru, use heal, cure, refresh, str and dex pots. Along with orange petals, enchanted apples and a trapped box.

Good tactics are LP, NS, LS, LS, LS.

I rarely even need the hyru.

You'll need a good LP wep, a good bokoto and a nice disarm wep.

1v1 he rules, and I survive a long time when in gank situations. I've still not died 1v1!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paladin, template