Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Candle of Love quest steps & Alacrity scrolls

- - - - - alacrity candle love quest scrolls steps

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Zita

Zita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Mu, Beh, Cah

Hello all, I been spending times on Test and later on Origin for this information. I hope it helps you.

This is a spoiler, so for you folks that hate this, I give you thirty seconds to leave the room. Good I did not think they ever leave the room, Mu, beh, cah, what is this and what do I do? Mu, Beh, Cah are the mantra's for the shrines Compassion, Justice, and Sacrifice. Also each of these shrines has a Opposing Dungeon, Compassion is Despise, Justice is Wrong, Sacrifice is Covetous. But I am getting ahead of myself for you first need to know of SinVraal the gargoyle, and also Anne, keeper of the flame.

Now SinVraal is the key, so you need to see him first to start the major quest, he will give you a book that you need Anne to look at. Where is this SinVraal to be found? You would think a Gargoyle would be in Ilsh, but not this one, he is in the woods north of Minoc. Now once you found him and got the book then forget about him, he will not have to see him again for this entire quest, he is done. Ok, you got the book then it high time to run over to the Abby and look for Anne, she will be easy to spot, and once you are there, be sure to bring gold to buy a bottle of ale. Also remember most items are quest items so you have to toggle them folks, that goes for that bottle of ale Anne will ask for while she looks at the book you gave her.

Now once you have seen Anne and she give you your marching orders, you will need to visit all three shrines, but wait, what this dark magic around the shrines?? It seems the shrines are corrupt, and only by killing all of the RED spawn around each shrine will you be able to invoke the mantra for those shrines to get the visions you need for the quests.

Ok you killed the RED spawn! You stand at the shrine and say the mantra for it. Then a Vision appears before you. For Compassion there is a Globe that you need to seek in Despise, here a hint folks, 3rd level where the titans spawn. Here you will see another vision of a LARGE Orge Lord. Only by killing the Orges and Orges Lords Of Despise will you get a message of an Angry Roar. This means that a LARGE Orge Lord has spawn. But where is it? Seems the spawning for it is random, anywhere in the levels of Despise. I spent two days on this part of the quest and only luck out the other day with finally getting it. Its a hard one to fight, comes in at about 3500 hit points, so make sure to pack a lunch as you be there a while with it. Sadly there is only one Black Heart of Despise per kill, so if you are not alone on the killing of it, others may get loot rights to the heart, also the heart is not blessed and must insure.

If you are members of a large guild, I suggest you have some skill folks do nothing but kill Orges and Orges Lords to spawn the Large one, while others seek the Large Orge Lord in the random spawning. This way folks can get get extra black hearts for those that spawn the Large Orge Lord. Now once you have your Black heart of despise, return to the shrine Compassion to invoke the mantra once more. But wait!!!! Its Corrupt once more!!! So off you go to kill all the RED spawn that is around it so that you can free it from the dark magic. Again this will take time as this spawning is huge and spread out. But there is good news, they will not respawn like those warriors of old, nay these monsters once gone will remain away for a while, long enough that you can once all are death, return to the shrine and invoke its magic. Now once you have done that to the heart from Despise you will get the Heart of Compassion. It is a quest items and is blessed. I suggest you put it up till such time you are ready for it.

Alright it time for Justice! But wait, there is RED spawn here again, far worse then Compassion. The Shrine is Corrupt again, so off you go killing all the RED spawning. Finally it is done and the shrine is back to normal, you speak the manta, Beh. A Vision appears, a ghost in Wrong is your next quest. But it not the ghost you need to click on once you fine it, but the skeleton in the same cell. In Wrong seek the East wing, here you will see the ghost, by clicking on its Skeleton will you get the part of the quest to seek out a Journal. Now the Journal can be found in the Lower level of Wrong, in the FAR back East corner will be a Black Chest, in it you will fine what you seek, the journal. Return to the ghost with it, then seek out Andy, keeper of records, at the Court Of Truth. It is hear that they will discover that the Ghost was not guilty, and you will be ask to punish the one that did do in the young man. So back to Wrong to seek out the executioner, any will do once you back in wrong, I suggest you just kill the first one you see in the lower level of Wrong. Once you have, return to Andy, for the next quest item, a rusty pen, then you must return to the shrine and say Beh once more with the pen toggle as quest item.

But wait! The shrine is corrupt once more, so off you go for another 2-hours of joy killing ever RED thing there is, except HEALERS! By God you will need those guys. Finally it is done the shrine is free, and you speak the Mantra, Beh, the rusty pen is now the quill of Justice!!!

On to the last Shrine now, Sacrifice! Again you need to insure the shrine is free of Corrupt, if it is, speak the mantra for it, Cah. Here you will see a vision for the lower cavern of Covetous. You must get there to invoke the mantra, "Cah" of Sacrifice to the Dragon you will see there. Do not attack this monsters, it will be grey to you, but will not attacked. This named monster will damand a huge "Sacrifice" from you when you invoke the mantra Cah. Thirty points of your highest stats will be given in Sacrifice to the beast. Now this is a huge sacrifice as it will take several days of playing/training to regain this 30 points lost. But you will get a tear from the Dragon, which must be toggle as quest and you then return to the Shrine, where once more you have to kill off the RED spawn to invoke the Mantra of the shrine to get the tear of Sacrifice.

Now comes the hardest part of the quest! Where does one fine a NORMAL candle, for you need to turn over to Anne, the Heart, the Pen, the Tear, and a candle to get the final quest item. A white bless candle [Quest item] that will allow you to enter the Cavern of Love under the Winery. By holding the candle you are allow access to the cavern, here you will go on the finally quest. Ride the moving rocks over the Lava pool to the Candle of Love, once you do that your white candle will change to a Bless white candle with your name on it. TADA! the quest is over!

There is another good item that has sprung forth from the quests. During the times I was killing off spawning monsters around the shrines I was rewarded three cursed scrolls of Alacrity. Seems they are something like the Blackrock when it comes to training, the srcolls will give you so many minutes on a certain skill of improve training, as if you were doing the skill in a Blackrock area.

Well that all I know of the quests, I hope that when it comes to the other shards they have worked all the bugs out of it and that you enjoy it. For me the best part of the entire quest was the Scrolls of Alacrity I got. I surely will be there to fight the spawning for a chance to receive them on my home shard.
Posted Image

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Great post Zita, do you mind if I cross post in my guild forum?

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
Nicely posted :)
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Thanks Zita for taking the time out to document and post a wonderful guide as to what is going on. :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Thanks for the guide Zita! This is great :)

Zita

Zita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Be my guest to copy and post. on Sonoma this Morning;

SinVraal and Anne are in place, they are working.

The Large Orge Lord is spawning in Despise. I have marked a set of runes for the dungeon where you can jump around during the spawn of it while searching.

You can get the Heart of Despise off it once dead, be sure to insure and put up till they decided to turn on the rest of the quest.

In Wrong and Covetous the Ghost and dragon are in place, but not turn on yet.

In the Court of truth Andy is there, but not turn on. Runes are in Books at my Yew Home along with the Shrine runes.

I have my heart of Despise already in the bank box waiting for them to turn on the Quest at the shrines.
Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Question. What is in the "Cavern of Love" under the winery?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Zita

Zita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Question. What is in the "Cavern of Love" under the winery?

Vepl

There is a lava pool with a puzzle of moving rocks you ride to the candle of love at the far end. If you fall off you will get a few points of damage and tossed back to the begining of the puzzle. The rocks are moving so you have to move as well, pick a wrong turn will send you back to the begining.

If you watch the puzzle a few times you can see the ride you wish to try for. Good luck!
Posted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Is this like the lava puzzle on Shard of the Dead? Does the path change every time you make a mistake and get tossed back to the beginning?

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
A great walk through Zita :)

If anyone has trouble finding the entrance in the winery,just go to the back room with the barrels in,and by the centre pile of barrels move your cursor over the wooden floorboards.
You will see a highlighted section with the message 'Loose Floorboards'

Once in the Cavern yes ....you have to get through the maze across the lava to the candle,as you did on The Shard of the Dead.

Good luck everyone !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Nice walkthru!!!!
Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Great guide Zita, thanks for sharing!

Mercedes

Mercedes

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,193 posts
Wonderful, ty Zita
Posted Image
Signature courtesy of Atlas607

Zita

Zita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Attached Thumbnails

• SinVraal.jpg
  • Anne.jpg
  • Scoll_0n_Origin1-KM.jpg
  • Compassion-Scrolls.jpg
  • Journal.jpg
  • Justice.jpg
  • Sacrifice.jpg
  • Large_Orge_Lord.jpg
  • Sudiva-Lower-Level-Covetous.jpg
  • ride-Surf.jpg

Posted Image

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Sweet pics so the scrolls are just random can you just keep farming them?
Posted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
We've been looking around for the Large Ogre Lord for a while now. Does he spawn in just the level with the other OLs or should we look in the other levels as well?

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Great info and pics

Zita

Zita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

We've been looking around for the Large Ogre Lord for a while now. Does he spawn in just the level with the other OLs or should we look in the other levels as well?

I have found him on level one, two and three, spawning locations is random.

As for the Scrolls you can continue to farm for them while fighting the spawning at all three shrines.
Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
The loss of thirty int wasn't very fun though. :occasion16:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Meiko

Meiko

The Green Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
I'm stuck on the maze puzzle. Done all the rest so far :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alacrity, candle, love, quest, scrolls, steps