Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Coming soon, the new 3D client!(A Few Screenshots)....

- - - - - 3d clienta coming screenshots

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Posted Image
Essence of Wind?
Posted Image
Fighting Hapries?
Posted Image
Fighting Discording Satyrs?
Posted Image
Poison....maybe Strangle???

I really really wish they could do something like this with UO's 3D client, then it might actually get a fair amount of people playing it. :grin:

Ok Ok I know that was mean of me. But we can all hope can't we? Anyways for any of you who want to check it out the game is called Titan Quest and its suppose to be released June 1st for PC. Its also suppose to be like Diablo type of play style from what I have read.
Here is the website for anyone interested

But I do pray that the UO 3D client looks like this within the next year or two.
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Could you imagine if this was the new 3d client. It would take them years to complete, then it'd take another year or two to download it.

Oh, and thanks Minotaur2k, you are making me have to spend some money on June 1st.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
They could cut the time down to develop that 3d client by wiping everything clean for everyone and starting new across the board for everyone.

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
If the 3d client were like that, I would never go to work.

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

But I do pray that the UO 3D client looks like this within the next year or two

As long as the 2d client is still an option I have no problem with it. On the realistic side of the coin.. with the exception of a few monsters here and there (which were later reverted again) nothings been drastically changed to the 3d client since it was released. *reluctantly bursts bubble* I just don't see it happening.

Hellsbane

Hellsbane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
That would require a completely different game. I don't think there is anyway they could convert the exsisting script to accomodate that kind of quality visual 3D FX.

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

That would require a completely different game. I don't think there is anyway they could convert the exsisting script to accomodate that kind of quality visual 3D FX.

Agreed. I think that's what the UO:II or whatever its codename was, was intended to be but got scrapped.

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Well since UO 3D hasn't really been touched maybe they are planning on totally redoing it to something a lot better than we currently have.
Heck they are not even putting the new targetting debuff/buff system into 3D.....makes you think.....

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
I play the 3d client simply because the option to adjust container size and the ability to zoom in and out using the mouse wheel...isn't that sad?
I really can't think of anything else that I like about the 3d client. The paperdolls and avatars are hideous. The colors are all out of whack for clothing, armor, pets and even some house deco and holiday gifts. I think it's a shame that nothing has been done to improve the 3d client. Perhaps they should just scrap it all together for now and add some of it's features to the 2d client that everyone still loves.
Posted Image

Mapper

Mapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Wow that game looks pritty good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mapper - Egan - Tari Seregon - Aeldur
Europa News Manager on Stratics

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
have you guys seen the ad's for IRTH on stratics? this game has some awsome graphics, i was thinking about trying it but your computer has to be a monster to play it.

illusion-METRO

illusion-METRO

An Old Schooler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I personally like UO's 2D, and (havent tried) the 3D. Compared to other hardcore graphic card games like WoW. Becuase on UO you can be listening to music, have AIM and IRC up, and be talking in Ventrilo, and still not have client lag. UO has (had) the best gameplay of any game, and you don't have to turn your GeForce to "low" to run thru Brit Bank.
Illusion:
-An erroneous perception of reality.
-An erroneous concept or belief.
-The condition of being deceived by a false idea.

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
I agree and I like playing UO2D myself, but I still wouldn't mind a wicked 3D client when I get my Pixel Crack Craving.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3d, clienta, coming, screenshots