Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Data Stream errors

- - - - - data errors stream

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Since the new patch has anyone else gotten data stream errors on UOA?

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
Yup :-/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
yes

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Happens all the time until UOA catches up with the patch.

2-5 working days usually and your macros are crap until then.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Macros are still working for some of my chars. Some are still gone. I re-did them last night, but they didn't save. So some have no macros when I logged in this morning.

Guest_F'Nor_*

Guest_F'Nor_*
  • Guests
Hello hello,
I've posted this before but I'll remind folks again.

If you see the UOA error after a patch, don't continue to log in.

Go to the UOAssist installation directory.
Find the directory called UOA-Settings
(In there you will see account | shard | character)
Simply "COPY" the character folder to the account folder.
Then all your settings are preserved. When you notice the error message has gone away, "MOVE" the folder back so that any changes you've made are saved.

Do not do this while in game.

The reason I mention not to continue to log in, is that if you do, UOA will make a new character folder for you under account. And you can become confused which folder is good and has present working macro's ect.

Now you will have to do this for every character you want to play, for every account, shard ect.

Heck in days long past, I even made a batch file to do the copy and moving for all my character.

This doesn't break anything, doesn't mess anything up, nor is it harmful. UOAssist is just confused due to the data stream, and reverts up one directory/folder for its settings. (think its an old setting/format style before OSI/EA put in data encryption)

Good Luck,

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Ooh thanks F'Nor. I'll save that now in case it happens again.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Sticky it!

Someone.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

Hello hello,
I've posted this before but I'll remind folks again.

If you see the UOA error after a patch, don't continue to log in.

Go to the UOAssist installation directory.
Find the directory called UOA-Settings
(In there you will see account | shard | character)
Simply "COPY" the character folder to the account folder.
Then all your settings are preserved. When you notice the error message has gone away, "MOVE" the folder back so that any changes you've made are saved.

Do not do this while in game.

The reason I mention not to continue to log in, is that if you do, UOA will make a new character folder for you under account. And you can become confused which folder is good and has present working macro's ect.

Now you will have to do this for every character you want to play, for every account, shard ect.

Heck in days long past, I even made a batch file to do the copy and moving for all my character.

This doesn't break anything, doesn't mess anything up, nor is it harmful. UOAssist is just confused due to the data stream, and reverts up one directory/folder for its settings. (think its an old setting/format style before OSI/EA put in data encryption)

Good Luck,

good to know

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Saw the sticky, thanks F'Nor!

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I did all this and it still didn't fix it for me. I even uninstalled and reinstalled UOA and i'm still getting them :| My system must be wonky.

Posted Image

Guest_F'Nor_*

Guest_F'Nor_*
  • Guests
You will still get the data stream errors until Tugsoft fixes up their end. This fix is only intended to transfer all your macro's and things for UOAssist.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Ah ok, thank you :)

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: data, errors, stream