Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Skill gain scrolls?

- - - - - gain scrolls skill

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Has anyone else heard about these?

There's rumours that if you cleanse a shrine, you can possibly get a skill gain scroll which increases the chance you get to gain a skill point for a set amount of time

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
How do you cleanse a shrine?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

How do you cleanse a shrine?

I prefer Clorox myself. Nice and clean without that pine smell...

When the pub goes live 3 shrines will become "infected" and have a bunch of red mobs infesting them.

From what I hear, youve got to kill all the red mobs in the area to cleanse the shrine. They dont respawn as you go but they can wander a good ways away from the shrine.

It seems taht the monsters are the ones taht spawn in the dungeon that opposes the shrine infected.

I think thats about it...

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Ahhh, thanks Ezekiel.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
I call dibs on the fishing scrolls!

I'm glad they're adding stuff to make skill gaining a bit faster even if it's just temporary.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
So it's true?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
I think it was in TC, I don't think I've heard of anyone getting them in Origin or Pacific where the event is now active.

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
On test shard, I was able to get a carto scroll off a red hued acid el, and a stealing scroll from a red titan. They drop into your backpack and are a light bright purplish tinted scroll.
Posted Image

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
yah, but to complete the candle of love quest, you have to give up 30 stat points.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts

yah, but to complete the candle of love quest, you have to give up 30 stat points.

Say What!!! As in forever?

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
*blinks*

30... stat points...

*drools*

Can't be forever. But still, 30?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
I'm hoping you'd still be able to gain it back. But that's still 3 days. And it's the highest stat right? Dex is always my highest.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

I'm hoping you'd still be able to gain it back. But that's still 3 days. And it's the highest stat right? Dex is always my highest.

Yeah, makes me wonder how much of a bump to skill gain you get with the scrolls. It'd better be worth it 'cause 3 days worth of gaining back those 10 stat points a day = 2.5 hours minimum.

A lot of skill points can be gained in that time without help.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Just looked around stratics. The scrolls are for 15 minutes only?

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
*spits hot tea all over keyboard & monitor*

There better be a significantly better chance to get a gain in skill on every successful use. Like 50/50.

Ok, maybe not 50/50, but if it's not noticeable, it's not worth it.

*slaps self*

It's something new, and interesting. I guess the interest in it is good enough. It will help the hunter/merchants out there that just get stuff to sell 'cause it'd be worth buying, but not acquiring. Unless you got 30+ scrolls in skill you need to gain in.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
If it's fast skill gain like the blackrock event, that's still a lot of skill points in 15 minutes.

Hehe if it can help me finish my fisher faster, it's great :)

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Good point Ally. I guess I wouldn't mind the loss of the stat point so much if I was guaranteed good gains. The trick I guess would be knowing exactly what you must do so you don't waste any of those 15 minutes (like making plate gloves instead of circlets!)

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Well we do have a lot of knowledgeable people here in regards to skill gaining. I'll make sure to check the skill gain tricks before I start using those scrolls.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Good points.

Then maybe it wouldn't take 30 scrolls to make up for the time to regain stats.

Thought about it more, and it'd be a better use to use an already maxxed out character skill wise to get the scrolls for others because some skill would suffer from stat loss (any melee, healing, etc.).

Crafters would be ok though :)

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
The stat loss sacrifice isn't until the end of the quest though, right? So we can collect the scrolls, if we get any. And then finish the quest when we're ready before it's over.

I need to read the spoilers... or maybe I shouldn't and just wait til the event goes live.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gain, scrolls, skill