Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

FoF: Fire and Fundament

- - - - - fire fof fundament

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Source - http://www.uo.com/fo...onfriday53.html

March 23, 2007

What is the cap for [x] item property?"
Here are caps for the properties that have them:

Resists: 70 in each
Lower Ammo Cost Max: 50%
Hit Chance Increase 45%
Defense Chance Increase 45%
Swing Speed Increase 60%
Lower Mana Cost 40%
Damage Increase 100%
Luck 10,000 (this is theoretical - it's not actually reachable with currently available items)
Mana Regeneration 18
Hp Regeneration 18
Stamina Regeneration 24

(If there are caps that we missed, or ones you want to be 100% sure don't have caps, let me know.)

--

Kingdom Reborn Pic of the Week:
The testers have gotten their hands on the version y'all will see tomorrow, and while they'd love to show you things like the Flexible Desktop, you'll have to wait an extra day - can't have them stealing my thunder! Instead, allow me to present you with these fabulous Elemental Comparison sheets, showing nine different Elementals in both their old and new forms:

Earth, Fire, Water, Acid, Blood
Poison, Air, Sand Vortex, Efreet

--

3D Client Update:
We have a specific date when the legacy 3D client will be going away (as always, all dates are subject to change.) The 3D client will no longer be usable on the live servers as of the client patch that is projected to go live on April 2nd. After that patch, the only clients that you will be able to log in with are the 2D client and, if you're a beta tester, the KR client on certain servers.

--

"Will KR be able to support custom music files.. IE will they be in MP3 format??"
While KR's music files will be in MP3 format, they most likely won't be accessible for players to edit at launch. We have fond dreams of an easy-to-use custom music system, but, however cool it may be, it has to take a back seat to some other things - like getting crafting, targeting, custom houses, etc to work right. I'm sure y'all understand. ;)

--

"Is Kingdom Reborn an in-house engine? What is the engine's name?"
An interesting bit of trivia - the engine we are using for KR is Gamebryo.

--

"3D games give me motion sickness. I'm worried that Kingdom Reborn will make me sick - will it?"
Kingdom Reborn has the same fixed, top-down perspective as the current clients - you can zoom in and out, but you can't rotate the camera. If the current client doesn't cause motion sickness, it is very unlikely that KR will cause it - I tend to get motion-sick myself in certain kinds of games, and KR doesn't bother me at all.

--

A reminder - there's only one week left to get a chance at a beta slot for doing something as simple as sending in a Feedback Form. Forms submitted must be received before midnight, March 31 in order to be eligible. Lots and lots and LOTS of people have sent in feedback so far - thank you!

--

The Maryland Town Hall is tomorrow! Please RSVP and come hang out with us. We'll be giving away beta slots, and for all you game industry hopefuls, we'll also have recruiters there looking for a few good gamers to don the fabled Red Robes. I look forward to seeing all of you in person!

I'll see you all tomorrow, right? RIGHT? ;)

- Jeremy

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Wow those elementals look cool.

Now I don't play 3d at all, but isn't that kind of a short notice for those that do? April 2nd is in 10 days. Unless KR is coming soon, why not give them the chance to get used to playing 2d. It is subject to change, kind of good news, at least that's not the exact date.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Yeah, April 2nd does sound awfully soon...sorry Tuka... :(

The only pic I have a problem with is the Sand Vortex. I think it shouldve stayed a cloud-type thing like the Air Elles new graphic...al the rest look brilliant. Just ish we couldve seen the scale a bit more.

Posted Image

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I simply am in shock. I mean EA has made some bonehead decisions over the years but to stop the 3D client before KR is out of beta is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I can't stand the Southpark animation of the 2D client. Especially the monsters.

I am already so close to quitting this is not what I needed to hear. I have barely played in the last year so I really don't know why I stick around anyway....

Half a dozen houses in my neighborhood are in some stage of decay already. My two houses may join them soon. (not really. I'd drop them and bank the cash in case I ever came back)

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Bah I'd love to go to the UO town hall tomorrow. Someone go and hook us up with video's and pictures please!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I just checked both accounts. One is paid up until 15AUG the other 15SEP. If UO:KR is not out by then I will be packing my stuff and dropping my houses.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Nice in-game graphics!

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Thanks for getting us those pics Adam!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts