Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Goza Mats and half stairs

- - - - - goza half mats stairs

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Mukkel

Mukkel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
As the title says, I've been trying to create an L-shaped stair for my house, no problem cutting them off where I want to.. but I can't for the life of me figure out the goza mat part... one guide I read said to lock down the mats and then i could raise them, but it didn't work.. so I was hoping someone here might be able to give me a hint :)

Edit: Never mind, I figured out that I was totally wrong about how to do things. Sorry for your inconvenience... *Walks off muttering*

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Come come! Tell us how to do it anyway, for those of use too dense to do it!!!

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
Where here is a post on Stratics about making them:

http://boards.strati...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Disclaimer Though: One player has had some problems with a GM about it. Wilki has said: It's not intended, but I'd say it's just a creative use of game mechanics that is fine as long as it isn't being used to do something bad.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Thanks!! I was a little disappointed that the stairs like that didn't actually save me any space though. *sigh* can't win em all. :)

~

~

Mukkel

Mukkel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I just got back to UO after a longer hiatus and was not aware that tailors could make a placable goza that was used for the stairs, so I tried and tried again to make goza floor in the house builder and raise that!:embarasse

Anyway I got it to work, now I just need to get some better colored goza's for it :) and ofcourse get the whole decoration thing going

Zynia

Zynia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
This is at the Black Rune Library on Great Lakes, maybe it'll help?

http://www.uoforums....=1&d=1145825104

Still not understanding how to do it all.. Just looks as though people are placing exterior stairs inside and I didn't think you could, as I've tried in the past.

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
thats a really cool set of stairs, if people liek them alot and are gonna get in trouble over them then you would think they would take the hint and just put them into the house customizing thing.

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
Wow! Some folks are just so creative.

Jhaelyrr

Jhaelyrr

Thou art giving me reagents? I thank thee!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
heh, that's a nifty use of game mechanics. Never would've thought of that myself.

Posted Image

Zynia

Zynia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Need some help please.. How do I get rid of the SE end of the stairs? (The only one without a mat over it.) I've been trying for hours, after finally figuring out how to do the rest.. I just don't understand it completely I guess. I tried to follow the pictures.

Posted Image

Mukkel

Mukkel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Delete the southernmost stair part, it will remove the SE stair bit, as its on one of the 4 tiles the full stairs would occupy hadn't you cut it off :)

Mukkel

Mukkel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
BTW for those of you interrested, this is what i ended up with :) keep in mind that Decor is far from final.. its a slow and never ending process hehe

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I know just how you feel. 'Just need to "tweak" it here... and there' :) It's looking good even without much decor on it though! I still haven't made stairs I like. Had some done... took em out... will try again when I have more time. I commend those of you who stuck with it! :)

~

~

Zynia

Zynia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Thank you soooooo much Snowy!

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Can you essentially make a mid floor level in your house using this method or are the max tiles 4?

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Zynia

Zynia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I don't know, but my friends house, has a level kind of like that, not with the goza mats.

I'd try it but I'm too excited about decorating the new place on Lake Austin! I'm sure I'll post bragging rights pictures when I'm finished. Unfortunately I have to X-Shard PLANTS over, lol. Lack of growers here I guess. (I did the whole plant thing in hundreds too many times, not really wanting to do it again!)

navdude101

navdude101

Sir Avatar, Dark Elf, member of Shadow of Draconis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
ok ive actually done the L-shaped stairs and i also have made a spiral stair case. not to compicated. ill post some pics tonight.

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
Took me a while to build these stairs, but I finally figured it out! Followed directions I found on the castles and courtyards website....
  • Kellen likes this

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
You know, I built the 1/2 stairs with no problem at my house in Malas, however, my hubby's house in Trammel it was a little more difficult and took more steps to accomplish but I finally did it. Does anyone know why there would be a difference in accomplishing the same thing in 2 different facets? :huh: Makes no sense to me....

siobhan

siobhan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
There is a tutorial for the L shapes at castlesandcourtyards (linked in siggy)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: goza, half, mats, stairs