Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Found my old cloth map!

- - - - - cloth found map

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Man, I thought this thing was long gone! I found my old cloth map of Britannia!

You see, I moved to a new house this past summer. I'm done unpacking, though a few boxes got put straight into closets and were never really emptied - boxes containing things like my ribbons and tassels from my 8th grade graduation, and my old jewelry box from when I was 8.

I was watching TV this evening, and suddenly realized that I had no idea what happened to a photo collage I used to have hanging in my old hallway. It was all sorts of photos of my dad throughout his life, many of which from when I was a little girl. (My dad died of leukemia 7 years ago, at the age of 46). I immediately started hunting through those boxes I had packed away without unpacking.

In the process, I came across my old cloth map! And I found the collage of pictures of my dad.

A good night indeed :)

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
aww i remember those...... now im going to have to search for it :( congrats on finding it :)

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
wow, thats great that you could find 2 things that have happy memories for you.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts

wow, thats great that you could find 2 things that have happy memories for you.

What he said. Yay! :)

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Little treasure trove, eh?

Im happy you found them both! :)

Posted Image

Sheltem

Sheltem

The Gentle Tamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Wish I could find mine, I lost it when I moved house 3 years ago
Sheltem

Posted Image

Full Circle

Full Circle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I still got both my cloth maps. I bought two copies of UO back in 1997 one I opened and have the cloth map still up on my wall near my Pc and the other map is still in the UO box unopened with its Uo pewter pin. I still got the pewter pin from the box I opened attached to a pin up board that I keep photos on.

I recon EA should put a cloth map in to the box set for the 10th Anniversary. It’s clear that the next expansion will be EA’s main push to get new players in and for the KR client to hopefully retain them. I recon it’ll be a very good idea if they include a cloth map like they did 10 years ago. I remember the single player Ultima games always had an edition you could buy that had a cloth map too. It’s a big part of Ultima.

Raziel Von Sahyn

Raziel Von Sahyn

Militiaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Ya can find most things to do with ultima history on ebay fairly easy. I got a nice little collection going of ultima stuff like coins, maps and some of the old games.

Guest_Uth'lian_*

Guest_Uth'lian_*
  • Guests
Congrats on finding both maps. Still got my map, but I lost the pin :/ Maybe I should go through all my old stuff.

Good memories :)

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Kit I hope they both continue to bring you many happy memories :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Sheltem

Sheltem

The Gentle Tamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Yes it would be great if they could give away cloth maps with the next version.
Sheltem

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Oh the pewter pin! I used to have it on the lapel of this black velvet coat that I had. I thought I was *the* coolest person ever :) I don't know what ever happened to that coat. I bet if I found the coat, I'd find the pin. I was living on the east coast back then, so not only would it have had to survive a trip back to Chicago, but I've moved 3 times since! It's probably long gone... hehe.

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Congrats on finding them both Kit! I'd love to get my hands on a cloth map.

Valyssia

Valyssia

A cautionary tale in the making.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Nifty!!! Sorry to hear about such a great loss though.

I have an original, unopened copy of the software from 1997 that an ex gifted me with for my birthday. So... I have the map but sadly, because I do not date back that far I've never even handled mine. EBay is an interesting thing, isn't it?

I really like the idea of reviving the past by packaging SA + the other expansions (10th anniversary?) with a cloth map. That's pretty darned cool. Poetic even...

Valyssia

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
my map is long gone as well

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Is it the small one that is like 10x10? I think I still have one

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
This map is 16x16 inches. Here's a pic :)

Attached Thumbnails

• uo_cloth_map_800.jpg

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Sweet Kit!
Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
I'm hanging it on my wall behind my computer monitor :)

Back in the day, my brother had the coolest setup for his map. He had it on a huge bulletin board, and he'd stick push pins in for various things. He'd mark his favorite towns one color, and his favorite hunting spots another color, and so on. Gosh, that was back when we both lived with our parents! (Well, I lived on the east coast but stayed in Chicago with my parents for 7 months helping out when my dad was sick. My brother still lived at home). Gosh, that had to be late 1998, early 1999. Crazy! I wish I had a picture of his bulletin board. I was so jealous :)

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Hey Kit, I sent yours and Full Circles threads to Jeremy, this is what she said. That she would definitely make the suggestion that they ship a cloth map with the tenth.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cloth, found, map