Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Healing

- - - - - healing

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Is there a better way to train healing to 120 other than rezzing a ghost?

At 106 now, using 1500 aids, only get at least 1 - 1.5 gains daily.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
I doubt it. Only thing might be curing Lethal Poison, but Im betting Rezzing is better...

Posted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Ugghghh.. Okay we'll try the Lethal poison tomorrow night.

What we were doing before was I was using a trapped box with DP, and Honey was healing me. That one was fast. The rezzing is just real slow now.

Oh and rezzing we can do anywhere? He wasn't getting any gains in our house, after using up half the supply of aids, so we moved to the gh and he got gains there.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
It seems to me that I gain better on almost any skill if I am not in my house.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Bandaging as much as possible was the only way I ever got anywhere and I didnt GM healing till the Mother Lode gave us the increased gains recently.

Keep plodding on Ally,and as Adri said ,lethal if your character can .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_F'Nor_*

Guest_F'Nor_*
  • Guests
Healing has always been a pain to raise at those levels.
And they put in lower skill gains in your own house a while back, its still possible, but at a lower rate.

Here's how I've done it.
- Materials: LOADS of bandages; a boat; a partner.
- Load up boat hold with bandages.
- Ghosts drives (gives them something to do, put boat key in hold) Ghost stands next to tillerman (so they can drive).
- Healer heals up a storm while ghost drives, they of course declining to rez when gump comes up.

You can of course mix this up a bit. Having some DP potions.

This of course isn't a direct 8x8 method since the ghost drives all over. And if you're upto it, you can do this in Fel, for the better skill gains, as the seas are mostly unpopulated these days.

Good Luck,

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Personally I just did it healing myself constantly 8 hours a day for just under a week. Long and horrible method but worked for me. Would I do it again? Hell no!

I would also like to add, to be honest it isnt really worth it compared to 90 - GM unless you want to res 100% of the time, and those enhanced bandages?! rubbish! even at 120!

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England

Personally I just did it healing myself constantly 8 hours a day for just under a week. Long and horrible method but worked for me. Would I do it again? Hell no!

LOL it took me almost 5 yrs to GM just by natural roleplaying.

Would I do it again ? Hell no !

It was wayyy too long

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Yeah its horrible, Im more inclined to drop the 30 points back down to 90 but not sure what to put them in. Best way I found was just set up a macro with UOA to heal yourself and do something else while its healing, though you have to keep pressing so often as you can only put so many lines on a macro. And I wouldnt try doing it afk not only is it illegal you will find you die very often! :P

Guest_F'Nor_*

Guest_F'Nor_*
  • Guests
Well, being in "party" with your GM-Ghost at least gives you someone to talk to while you keeping hitting "heal last" button while boat training method above.

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
i just grind it out

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
I've never tried to get healing higher than GM. But since he had 20 points to spare and nowhere else to put it, he thought he'd put it in healing.

We'll try the boat and lethal tonight. I guess that lesser gains in your house is still in effect.

Guest_Sandra Lee_*

Guest_Sandra Lee_*
  • Guests
5 years to GM healing. I remember those days....She got there though and only one short boat ride (Thank you William!) to jumpstart the gains since I hadn't had one in over 2 weeks. Would I do it again... yup. Just the way I am with that particular character.

I'm not sure I would do that with any of my other characters however. Sounds like you have some good ideas to try out. Let me know what works best if you don't mind.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I stop at 90 :P

Rezzing is really the best way to go though.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
Unfortunatly the Ghost method is the best i have ever known
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Ally if you need a ghost let me know...think I still have one you can use.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Thanks Vepl. I think the other char I'm training healing on in LA is only around 60ish, so still too low to do rez.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
If needed Lethal can lethal you, hehe
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: healing