Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

100% LRC Suit and training Magery affects on skill gain?

- - - - - 100% affects gain lrc magery skill suit training

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Full Circle

Full Circle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I just want to ask if anybody knows if wearing a 100% LRC suit affects magery gains compared to training magery and using up regents? Thank you.

Swamps Edge

Swamps Edge

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
In my opinion it makes no difference.

After all, the end effect is to succesfully cast the spell.

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
Dont think so, LRC just affects using up reagents gains should be the same, haven't tested it out tho
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
The only effect I can see is a negative effect on your bank box to train Magery without LRC.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
I have not noticed a difference in speed. Slower without 8*8, that is the only difference I see between 2004 and now.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Swamps Edge

Swamps Edge

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
But, it is better without 8x8. I can cast the same spell on the same target all day long. Same for all skill gaining now (except maybe lockpicking.)

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Lockpicking is made easier now, you can train on 1 box all the time, everywhere. Plus, satyres speed up gains exponentially.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Swamps Edge

Swamps Edge

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Lockpicking is made easier now, you can train on 1 box all the time, everywhere. Plus, satyres speed up gains exponentially.

Oh yeah, that is right. I forgot about the satyers.

What he said..... :grin:

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
LRC suits have no effect on gains at all, the only thing you could say is its faster beacuse you dont have to go out and buy the reagents! Also on top of that as previously stated tehre a huge money saver.

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
If I had a 120 magery scroll I'd probably still be gaining in my 100% lrc suit... *giggle* :laugh:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

If I had a 120 magery scroll I'd probably still be gaining in my 100% lrc suit... *giggle* :laugh:

Rascal, to get your 120 magery you must come to fel, hehe
Posted Image

Swamps Edge

Swamps Edge

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
Damn, I'd be happy with a 115 magery scroll.

LOL looking at my xfire sig I only need 6 more hours! :

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
At 107 you will cast 7th Circle 100% of the time with a 67.5% on 8th circle. Take it to 110 and its 75% 8th Circle...

Posted Image

Full Circle

Full Circle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Thx for the replies. I just wanted to make sure gains were not slowed down by using 100% LRC suit as a penalty for not using up regents.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Rascal, to get your 120 magery you must come to fel, hehe

30 mil on pac will get you one from some associates of mine, then you just have to transfer it out. Its much easier to goto Fel, take a few murder counts and take it from someone or just earn it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rascal

Rascal

Madam of Mayhem

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

30 mil on pac will get you one from some associates of mine, then you just have to transfer it out. Its much easier to goto Fel, take a few murder counts and take it from someone or just earn it.

No way am I going to Fel after what happened during our little training session.... I think I was first to die.... :laugh:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
yah, you died b4 I did!!!! hhahahaha NEWB.

Seriously, we gotta try that thing out when we r both home from work. And figger out UOAM map server. We may suck at PvP, but we can provide tactics, and support.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
There weren't enough people holding shields between us and the raiders. Time to do some hiring.

J/K, I'd run Automap, but I'd like to be able to move faster than a wounded turtle. (aka my poor connection)

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

No way am I going to Fel after what happened during our little training session.... I think I was first to die.... :laugh:

Remember Rascal, a wisemen once said that death is only temporary.
Posted Image

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

At 107 you will cast 7th Circle 100% of the time with a 67.5% on 8th circle. Take it to 110 and its 75% 8th Circle...

i woundered what the formula was for casting, ill i know is i have 112 magery and it seems like i still fizzle on evs and earth eles about 1/3 of the time >:(

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 100%, affects, gain, lrc, magery, skill, suit, training