Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Strangest place(s) you have marked runes for....

- - - - - marked places runes strangest

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Drakelord

Drakelord

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

How in the world do you guys get to those places?

For us some were just accidents, recall in and just fall up or down, others we copied from people that had them before us

22815_1049897365024789_76475492465172463

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Nice Pics, Drakelord! I wish I had that Lighthouse-Rune, that's so cool. And did you the tell people from the music hall, that they have a hole in their roof? ;-)

Drakelord

Drakelord

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Nice Pics, Drakelord! I wish I had that Lighthouse-Rune, that's so cool. And did you the tell people from the music hall, that they have a hole in their roof? ;-)

Thanks, we stole that one when we were on LS.

The roofs one we got on Sonoma, was telestorm there during one of the early invasions they had, so we marked locations. Was funny to land there when trying to get the bank HAHA.

Ya there was no teleport pad on that roof, so if you could not recall out you dropped thru the hole to get to the street.

22815_1049897365024789_76475492465172463

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Most spots can be teleported too... when standing on right place and targeting the right place..

I got a runebook on EU to totally crazy spots :)

Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
To get on top of Sweet Dreams Inn:

- Open the front door of the Inn
- Stand on the threshold, that is to say the first tile inside
- Log Out.
- Wait long enough for the door to close

Bring a rune!

I discovered this while x-sharding Valentine's gifts. I couldn't figure out why all the characters I logged out during the last gift giveaway ended up on the roof!

atlas607

atlas607

loves uoforums!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
This isn't around anymore but everyone gets a kick out of it.

Posted Image

Jokko

Jokko

The Human E.V.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Atlas this is so cool! I didn't know about that one and although as you said it may not be around anymore, I'd still be interested in knowing where it was located!

Kronos

Kronos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
[ATTACH]8062[/ATTACH]

Fellu only i think..
Later the days you were able to place a boat on the river, sail south, then teleport on the quadratic thing, then teleport to the boats...
No clue if it still works

I can just recommend this side : UO Secret Places

Attached Thumbnails

• Unbenannt.jpg

Abby

Abby

Misunderstood Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I'm surprised nobody posted Wintersoul!

Attached Thumbnails

• Wintersoul.jpg

Abby

Abby

Misunderstood Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Githmore's Lab.
Best seen by going there, really. The walls/furniture appear as you near them & disappear when you walk away.

Attached Thumbnails

• GithmoresLab.jpg
  • GithmoresTable.jpg
  • GithmoresPrisoner.jpg

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Where might I find "githmore's lab"?

holmedog

holmedog

The Holmedog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
What about the broken temple in fel?

Quite a few of these runes are in the "Black Rune Library" on Great Lakes.

I personally really miss the "Above Wrong" runes in fel. You could mine for years up there.

Abby

Abby

Misunderstood Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Where might I find "githmore's lab"?

On Chessie it's at 44.34'N, 89.34E in Fel.... Between Cove Cemetery and Vesper.

Pennywise

Pennywise

Crumbpicker, dat der Renaissance Manz of da Werlds!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Atlas this is so cool! I didn't know about that one and although as you said it may not be around anymore, I'd still be interested in knowing where it was located!

It still is around. My daughter got dat rune from someone who came to Legends from Lake Superior. I just tried it to see if it worked. Here it is.

Posted Image

And dat der inside is right there. You can even see da ole Star Chamber thru da walls.

Posted Image

But what I would really like to find is a Felucca rune to this place. I have the one for Trammel. Seems it is lost on this shard, Atlantic, and Europa, unless someone just wants to keep it a secret. I would love to get one to Felucca.

Posted Image

Stewan Seagull

Stewan Seagull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

But what I would really like to find is a Felucca rune to this place. I have the one for Trammel. Seems it is lost on this shard, Atlantic, and Europa, unless someone just wants to keep it a secret. I would love to get one to Felucca.

Posted Image

Moo-moo-moonstone?

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

...although as you said it may not be around anymore...

The entrance definetly isn't around anymore on Drachenfels. Went there to check it out:

Attached Thumbnails

• test.JPG

Pennywise

Pennywise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

The entrance definetly isn't around anymore on Drachenfels. Went there to check it out:

D-d-d-damn! Wierd h-h-h-how dey do dat. Wonder why.

Stewan Seagull

Stewan Seagull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
No idea why (If they removed it, could be it was a event on some shards only). It´s still there on Legends and another shard (GL?, Chessy?)

I heard you once could get there by boat from Thera Keep and Teleporting (where you shouldn´t), but boats were blocked in dungeons later.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Merion try 2d as well.. might be a 2d graphic glitch.. or they were just fast with fixing it on Drach

Posted Image

Pennywise

Pennywise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Merion try 2d as well.. might be a 2d graphic glitch.. or they were just fast with fixing it on Drach

Gnomy's got a point. Might be available only in 2D. Not sure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marked, places, runes, strangest