Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Strangest place(s) you have marked runes for....

- - - - - marked places runes strangest

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
welp i thought this might be a fun thread to start so here it goes.....

its a one tile spot in Magincia, just out of range from the bank(i brought this rune from drachenfels, and i used to use it for my red.... i used to be able to open my bank box from it).

Posted Image

im interested to see what the rest of you have :P

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Hiding spot in Luna...

Attached Thumbnails

• lunahide.JPG

Posted Image

Ralcor

Ralcor

Ya Rly!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Wish I had all my screenshots... And the runes that got blocked, hehe... memories of the nifty spots I had.

Posted Image

Deployed to the Middle East

Shrea Dragonbayte, Necromancer of Bertoxx

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
They blocked the one recall spot into the Star Room on Trammel Europa. I also used to have one to a totally empty/disused underground complex, but again its blocked now.

A pity as i always loved these little secrets.
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I would say Green Acres back when it was accessible. They blocked all the entrances. It is where GMs I guess apparently hung out and placed houses and did random things. I believe it is an auto ban to be caught in Green Acres, that is if you find a way in and get caught hehe.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

Posted Image

GUESS where :)

*and no its not someones home or near a building :P

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Top of the Ancient Wym Lair in Ilsh?? I think youve thrown that pic out before too, but I cant remember...

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Demon Temple?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
:laugh: welp if im sitting on top of the ancient wym lair ... i dont wanna go back there cause im a big :shocked: chicken!!!
I have never posted that picture in public before (might have in the staff area :P ) ....
is that really where its at?? arrgh!! i have coordinates .. but dang if i know where the lava pit is ...
on map its between humility and hyloth :grin: ....

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
is it a marked rune Mum? or can you telly to it? if you would be so kind, pls post the coordinates :)

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
This place?

Attached Thumbnails

• firepic.JPG

Posted Image

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
That looks like it Ezekiel and the coordinates are ...
174o 44'N - 147o 53'W
and yes i have a marked rune for recalling into it ..
don't know if you can teleport though :P

A couple years now we have done a tour of the weird on Sonoma
where we travel to all kinds of weird locations ... fun but definitely
want to have body guards with ya .. (well at least Mum does :laugh: )

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts

I would say Green Acres back when it was accessible. They blocked all the entrances. It is where GMs I guess apparently hung out and placed houses and did random things. I believe it is an auto ban to be caught in Green Acres, that is if you find a way in and get caught hehe.

I remember that place...like a little park with sheep and thinsg wandering around. The Gms used to just stand/sit there...vanish and reappear. I only went there twice as the third time it had gone.
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
i know it as frost flame(because you need to say that at a altar to get inside), a guildie of mine showed me it a while back....... i use it to "get away" and contemplate what other hidden spots have the gms made that i don't know of :P its only in fel and im not sure if its on any other shard then cats

Posted Image

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
frost flame is cool and so is the ice spike out in the ocean but i dont have that rune anymore... i know travel lodge on cats has all kinds of runes to cool places.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
*checks runebooks, looks disappointed*

I had no idea what I was missing.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Guest_thekingcartel_*

Guest_thekingcartel_*
  • Guests
so is anyone going to tell us how to get to these spots and what not cause i need some new places to think and hang out. haha.

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I have an extensive collection of rare runes... most of which are probably now blocked.. so I haven't tried them for fear that they are.... Lots of under places and roofs and inside things that aren't really supposed to be accessible... Never had the Star Room.. but I am know some of my roofs are blocked now, as is the hidden cave in Yew....

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

I have an extensive collection of rare runes... most of which are probably now blocked.. so I haven't tried them for fear that they are.... Lots of under places and roofs and inside things that aren't really supposed to be accessible... Never had the Star Room.. but I am know some of my roofs are blocked now, as is the hidden cave in Yew....

i used to have all the caves in yew(there were 3 or 4 of em), and sadly yes they are all blocked:-/

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Wow 'id love to see more of these spots, especially on europa! Isnt the massive green place, forgot what you called it (where the gm's hang around) just grass and nothing else? You can see if when you goto the edges of dungeons. It would be nice to get all the players there - I dont think would ban us all then!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marked, places, runes, strangest