Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

PVM Warrior TEMPLATE

- - - - - pvm template warrior

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I WANT TO MAKE THE ULTIMATE PVM WARRIOR
im talking soloing peerless and destroying everything

WHAT DO I DO?!
right now i have
120 swords
120 parry
120 resist
100 chiv
100 tactics
and 80 poison (this was because I was a dp ninja but dropped ninjitsu for tactics because I cant afford to pvp right now because I cant buy elite crap)

I have 4/6 casting and a nice suit HELP

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
I really hate to be one to spoil someones party :( . Carl you can't destroy everything solo. Sorry.

The game is designed that way. You will be able to do many things by yourself. Just learn to be content with being good at what you do.

If you get where you're awesome in PvM then your template/suit isn't that great for PvP. And a great PvP template/suit isn't that all that grand in PvM.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Thanks I quit, I hate teamwork and If I cant solo everything then theres no fun later

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Bump

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Vepl's not 100% correct.

There are many many things which can be soloed and VERY few which can't.

The bad news it, the templates that rock the PvM world are 1 - not warrior related 2 -Time consuming and 3 - pretty boring (IMHO).

For the most part, if you want to become the pure solo PvM machine, you will have to be a Bard-Tamer of some sort. They can solo everything up to Paroxymus(sp?) (un-soloable), it gets more down to technique on what you want to do.

Or you could go the Mage/Tamer/Spellweaver route, which is a little more difficult, but do-able and better suited for more people play (does not have to be a huge group, this template will do everything with 1 or 2 others.)

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I appreciate the help but I already quit sorry

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Well, you bumped the thread, so I though you'd come back.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Haha Im just messing around
I am interested in making my warrior good at pvm though
and ive seen alot of people solo things i didnt think you could
with their warriors, so i was just curious

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Gimme a "for instance."

Id love to see a warrior solo a Paragon Balron or Ancient Wyrm. The Wyrm might even be possible if you had some serious gear and Hiding in your template...

My advice for PvM:

Buy a couple Soulstone Fragment Tokens.
Stone the Poisoning.
Tactics to 120.
Chiv down to 75.
Healing and Anatomy to at least GM. Youll need to find some +skill jewels and take away from Resist. Is say Soulstone Resist but you might want to take some points off f it first otherwise youll need the person who wants to absorb them eat a +20 scroll
Forget 4/6 FC/FCR, 2 FC is fine now that you will be using bandaids to heal primarily.
Get your stats to 255 if you can afford it. 105 Str, 110 Dex, 40 Int and be an Elf for the 20 extra mana.
Make sure your suit has some good Mana Regen and Stamina Regen and good resists (65+)

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Gimme a "for instance."

Id love to see a warrior solo a Paragon Balron or Ancient Wyrm. The Wyrm might even be possible if you had some serious gear and Hiding in your template...

No hiding needed.

Bushido/Archer/Pally.

I've taken down countless Para-Balrons (some deaths here and there, more due to bad timing) and 1 Para Ancient Wyrm (many deaths with this one though).

65 Resist Across is a must, Honor is a must, if you don't get it, don't fight, high Mana Regen is a must, Max Dex, a clear fighting field (no other spawn, not even a mongbat) and plenty of bandies.

Other noteables taken down solo -
Irk/Spite/The other annoying Changeling/Para-Changeling
Bone Daemon
Taken DreadHorn down to almost half HP (died and ran out of self-rezzes, tons of running, arrows, bandies, and TIME)

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
I can't take down a balron or an ancient wyrm by myself, I panic too much, but I've seen my honey kill them lots of times.

He's a pally/bushido/macer

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I am running this so far
115 archery
115 tactics
115 resist
115 anatomy
100 heal
100 chiv

But you guys said you use bushido? Can you tell me what for? (Im not familiar with it :/ )
And what should I drop to pick up bushido?
And what is honor?

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Bushido is used for:

Honor - the Virtue, on your paperdoll, dlb click the pentagram above your avatar, then the cup on the gump. Make a macro that "Invokes" this virtue 'cause you should be using it a lot. What it does: Every successful successive hit increases your perfection 1 "step". Each "step" increases damage 10% up to 10 hits or 100% (above the previous 300% cap) if you miss you go back 3 "steps". It ALSO will give you Health/Stamina/Mana back after a kill and more times than not will fill you to 100% (dependant on what your killing and how many "steps" you have in perfection.)

Critical Strikes - When using Lightning Strike, you will have a % chance to land a "criticial strike" which basically is a hit that goes through without being effected by your targets resists. % chance goes up to 20% at Legendary.

You could drop Healing to 90, Chiv to 70, and if your skill cap is 720 that should give you enough to GM. (I like better chances at critical strikes, so I'd also drop Anatomy to 100 and Tactics to 110)

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
So is this like, you use the virtue and you gain in it? and it just keeps getting higher and higher? or do you always have to maintain it, and it gets used up when you use it?

and i only need 50 bushido to get perfection off of the virtue right?

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
You don't need to have any Honor, and it doesn't "use" your Honor Virtue status for perfection. All you have to do is Honor your target, and it must be honored (i.e. if you can't honor it due to someone else already did or it has lost hit points, you can't gain perfection).

And yes, with 50 Bushido you can start using Honor to gain in perfection.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

You don't need to have any Honor, and it doesn't "use" your Honor Virtue status for perfection. All you have to do is Honor your target, and it must be honored (i.e. if you can't honor it due to someone else already did or it has lost hit points, you can't gain perfection).

And yes, with 50 Bushido you can start using Honor to gain in perfection.

So the only reason to go past 50 bushido would be to use lightning strike?

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
On an Archer the only uses for Bushido are Honor/Perfection, Lightning Strike/Criticals, Confidence, and the ability to ride a Lesser Hiryu (at 90 skill).

Confidence is a quick boost in Hit Points over a short period of time and is interruptable.

The Lesser Hiryu can help out from time to time depending on what your doing.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I think im going to fit in the 50 points and use it just for honor/perfection, the rest of the stuff seems unnecessary for the extra 60-70 skill points if all im doing is PVM

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Where are you going to put the rest of the points?

With a critical strike I've killed a Demon in 1 hit.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Carl

Carl

eltiT resU motsuC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I was thinking
115 archery
115 tactics
115 anatomy
115 resist
90 chiv