Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Speaking of trade sites.

- - - - - sites speaking trade

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
I like the dark version as well.

Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

It looks good, but any way to have the "buying"/"selling" etc look different than what *gag*spot has?

Well, what else would you suggest?
I liked that paticular look from Tradespot, it's both clean and simple, which ideally, is what you want on a no nonsense trade board, in my opinion
But I am open to suggetions!

I do like the look of it. Will there be a direct link to it? Perhaps like "http//trade.uoforums.com"?

Not quite, it'll be a seperate board to UOForums with it's own domain (uotrade.net....nice and easy to remember! hehe)

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Looks good Adam, like the layout, and the added features the other sites do not have are a good kick.

But also agree with the others (about the point system) that some sort of limit should be put on what gets stickied for how long (keep your mind out of the gutter you!).

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
LOL, bad Dip!

Yea I agree, but i'd like to offer something unique that others don't, like being able to sticky your own thread, but obviously it'd cost a pretty pe....er..well, alot of points to do so.
So you wouldn't see that many stuck threads anyways.

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
As a trader I would stick all of mine until they sold...

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
I like it alot. I haven't been on TS in years because you have to register just to view auctions and because there have been so many negative posts about how they do business. I try to check Markee every now and then, but I just don't like how their boards are set up. Yours looks very nice :)
Posted Image

Damned Elves

Damned Elves

Crafty Elf from LS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Well, what else would you suggest?
I liked that paticular look from Tradespot, it's both clean and simple, which ideally, is what you want on a no nonsense trade board, in my opinion
But I am open to suggetions!

Well, I have to agree with you and I simply can't think of an alternative, other than not using the same blue/red colorscheme, though as my wife would tell you, you do not want to be color coordinated by me :grin:

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Well, I have to agree with you and I simply can't think of an alternative, other than not using the same blue/red colorscheme, though as my wife would tell you, you do not want to be color coordinated by me :grin:

Hehe, me either
I might see if I can find, or make some nifty images, rather than having the basic buying/selling/trade ones
We'll see

Overall i'm ...kinda happy with how it looks

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I would like to have another site to use besides Tradespot. I know Europa has another active site called uo-auctions or something like that, but on my shard (Baja) nobody ever uses anything but Tradespot. I'm not really happy with them, they have weird rules like you can't reply to any threads (why even have a reply feature then?). Would be nice to have another option.

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Oh you should definitely be able to reply to a thread. What if the seller has made a typo in his contact information? You should definitely be able to reply to the seller, but maybe just limit the amount of replies for each particular post. That way a buyer can ask questions, but you can still limit spam that a seller might try to "bump" their listing. I don't know if you understand that, I haven't worked it all out in my head yet.
*skips off in search of another cup of coffee*
Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I agree people should be able to reply to threads
Plus, I can disable post bumping, so a thread might get 100 replies, but it won't budge from it's current position, so you won't see it getting booted to the top of the list
The only way you'll see replies is by opening the thread in question.

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
I like that idea. Thats one problem with Tradespot, if someone replies it is posted right there. However I would assume you would put a little:
Topic (Views:##)(Replies:##) in main part so we can see how many replies are posted.

Another question is. Mods and Admins of the site will have to deal with Scammers and Decietful people. Other than a "what not to do when trading guide" how will you deal with them? What would be the system used for concluding that someone was in the wrong and deserves not to be posting again.
Can we also assume a banning from one site would carry over to the other?
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I like that idea. Thats one problem with Tradespot, if someone replies it is posted right there. However I would assume you would put a little:
Topic (Views:##)(Replies:##) in main part so we can see how many replies are posted.

Yea, it's on the screenshot i posted on the first page :P

Another question is. Mods and Admins of the site will have to deal with Scammers and Decietful people. Other than a "what not to do when trading guide" how will you deal with them? What would be the system used for concluding that someone was in the wrong and deserves not to be posting again.
Can we also assume a banning from one site would carry over to the other?

Scammers, ew
Hard to say, that's something that'd need discussing, but yea, scammers aren't welcome on either site.

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Ahhhh I see, and its all on the "first page" for me. =Þ

And Scammers have always been the problem for Tradesites.

I am thinking about a feedback system along with a verification system......verification system would require a non free email address, this would cut back a bit on the "quickly made free email account accounts". Verification would not be required however(since thats one of the things I disliked about Tradespot) it would just be an extra added security measure.

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Please don't make having a non free email addy a necessity cause I've had my yahoo email addy for over 6 yrs now and I'm not giving it up :P
Posted Image

Guest_HarleyQuinn_*

Guest_HarleyQuinn_*
  • Guests
Hey can I be a broker I used to work for one of those other icky sites

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Please don't make having a non free email addy a necessity cause I've had my yahoo email addy for over 6 yrs now and I'm not giving it up :P

I have had my hotmail addy for 8 years =Þ Thats why I said it shouldn't be required.

Hey can I be a broker I used to work for one of those other icky sites

Well I am sure prior to saying this his answer would have been yes, but your tainted now, TAINTED I SAY!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Nah I wouldn't restrict email account, per se'
We can put in SOME form of verification, but it's pretty basic (Checking the email account exists and sending a verification email which you have to click a link in)

As for brokers, it'd probably be well known brokers at first, like cybernickel and Marion

Guest_HarleyQuinn_*

Guest_HarleyQuinn_*
  • Guests
naw i wouldnt wanna be a broker stuff would come out it'd be nasty and then there is drama i'd volenteer(sp) for mod though i have enough free time to help

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sites, speaking, trade