Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Speaking of trade sites.

- - - - - sites speaking trade

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm still unsure wether to bother with this idea, but i've been working on it on and off for the last few days..again

Do you guys think we need a UO tradesite?
This tradesite would have a few added advantages over the competition, to name but a few...

• Trader feedback system
  • Possible inbuild classifieds system for RL $
  • Free image hosting built in by default
  • Ability to aquire points by posting and use them to sticky your own for sale thread (for a week)
  • Standard stuff like avatars/signatures
  • Shared database with UOForums (Userid would work on both)
  • Arcade and Estore like on UOForums
  • No restrictions on links to other sites (Within reason and within EA's TOS etc)
  • Abilty to sell gametime codes.
  • Dedicated broker team from renowned and trusted brokers
  • Rapid speed/loading

Can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but obviously i'd love to put in an auction system as well, but there isn't one available to my knowledge. (Doh)

But in a nutshell, that'd be the offering
If you did want to use another trade site, what features would you like to see there?

Jhaelyrr

Jhaelyrr

Thou art giving me reagents? I thank thee!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
There isn't an auction system available for VBulletin that I know of, but there are a few good open source style auction tools. Like this one: http://www.everysoft.com/auction/. A demo of it is here: http://www.everysoft...-bin/auction.pl

I know it doesn't look all that pretty, but being perl, it's highly customizable so it can be made to look like anything else. I don't believe it's using a MySQL database or the like though, it may just be a flatfile text style one. That'd mean a double registration if they want to be here and there :/

erm, for the rest, me think on it. Tired now.

Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Huh. Not a bad idea. I know there are a few tradesites floating around, but it is hard to know who to trust. It sounds like a good idea, just maybe needing a bit of fine tuning?

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
I like everything except:

"Ability to aquire points by posting and use them to sticky your own for sale thread (for a week)"
If it got really popular there could be a LOT of stickied threads.. people might abuse it.

And

"Arcade and Estore like on UOForums"

That's something that I personally think should be special for the forums users. But that's just my personal thing.

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
*Agrees with Flutter*
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I like the idea and agree with flutter and Minotaur2k. you should keep somethings just for Forum users.

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

If it got really popular there could be a LOT of stickied threads.. people might abuse it.

Agreed, but it could be on a limited basis, like a max of 2/3 sticky threads per week, it could also be expanded to have further conditions, like instead of being there for a week, it could be there for a day.

That's something that I personally think should be special for the forums users. But that's just my personal thing.

I disagree, when you open a site which is competition for other sites of the same nature, you have to entice people by offering features or content that the other sites don't have
Adding the estore/arcade isn't going to take anything away from UOForums
If I do set it up as seperate logins for each board, then having features over there, won't affect people here, which is probably what i'll do anyways, as i'm not sure how stable a database sharing thing would be.

If anyone here would like to view/test what i've done so far, PM me and i'll send you the URL along with the password.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Oh one question i'd like to ask, do/would you guys prefer a dark theme to a trade site, or a bright/brightish one?

toplessphoenix

toplessphoenix

Holding on to My Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
I like dark. It's easier on the eyes :grin:

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

There isn't an auction system available for VBulletin that I know of,

Nyar!

Did abit of testing, the layout needs tweaking though

http://www.uoforums..../trade/bids.PNG

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
lol
You have a paladin suit IRL? Isn't it kinda heavy? :-P

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Can that be used for UO gold bids as well?

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Som

Som

Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Oh one question i'd like to ask, do/would you guys prefer a dark theme to a trade site, or a bright/brightish one?

I would have to go with dark. bright light hurts my eyes!

*Insert fabulous signature here*http://www.uoforums.com/image.php?u=2091&type=siguploader&dateline=1114833635

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Can that be used for UO gold bids as well?

Eventually, aye

Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests
Sounds real good man, keep up the good work. Id perfer A dark one, personally I like the one you had on that screenshot.

Dark

Dark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I'd prefer Dark too :grin:

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Here's a quick sample of what i'd consider, the "beta" version of the site

http://www.uoforums....mos/uotbeta.PNG

Feedback negative or positive, is greatly appreciated!

Yuallica

Yuallica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
It looks good!
Posted Image

Damned Elves

Damned Elves

Crafty Elf from LS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It looks good, but any way to have the "buying"/"selling" etc look different than what *gag*spot has?

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
I do like the look of it. Will there be a direct link to it? Perhaps like "http//trade.uoforums.com"?
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sites, speaking, trade