Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

[OOC] Best shard for roleplaying?

- - - - - ooc roleplaying shard

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
"evil" loyalist (grd) or the good independents (boc) you mean? :D

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Reed

Reed

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,783 posts
Damn you rebel scum! :P

John Dell

John Dell

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,116 posts
Loyalist sheep!!:grin:

Tired of running through the same dungeons on your pink haired polar bear?
Tired of doing bods all day and getting any interaction or adventure?
Join Cove!
Baronship of Cove - Rebel Against Everything!

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
Europa is definitly good for RP its the main reason i still play UO. That and being around to help younger characters.

The main problem nowadays is the landmass is getting bigger and bigger spreading the RP community out. Nowadays the trend seems to be for many to RP away from the major gathering points.

I agree with the point mentioned above some have way to many RP alts, putting all their characters into the same guild or into many. This i think tends to dilute personality wise their main characters down as they have watered down histories and such like. Playing an RP character is about playing an almost actual figure in the realm they create and that takes time. Something thats hard to do unless you spend way too many hours in the game.

Some even rp with themselves.
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

Grim Dysart

Grim Dysart

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I'm in the US, but moved to Europa specifically for the RP. The time zone thing is sometimes annoying, but I just suck it up. On the bright side, once everyone on the shard has gone to bed, I can go have free run of whatever spawn I like. Heh.
Posted Image

Nazdrek

Nazdrek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I played UO on release day way back when. Stopped playing and ready to start again. I am dling the 15 day trial now. Will be getting the 9th Anv at the end of the month.

I intend on RPing. So if you all are still active on Siege then I hope to see you there.

Thank
Nazdrek

John

John

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
I have to agree, I am central time zone, but Europa is established so thats where I am. Sometimes I am grumpy at work when I go in on night shift because I got up at 2pm instead of 5pm but to me its worth it.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people outside of the RP circle will RP with you on Europa. Just not that many "get a life" ers on Europa.

In CORE, its not about the equipment, its not about the template, its about the story. If you want to establish a history for your character, surrounded by people that will appreciate it, Europa is a good place.

If it sounds like I am giving a plug to Europa, I am. I looked for serious RPing and after three years on Siege(those guys are still close to my heart) and a few months on Great Lakes, this is where I ended up. Europa is special.

Nazdrek

Nazdrek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well I created a toon on Europa. Still looking for a group to RP with.

Gilliam

Gilliam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
You only have to look around moongates to find recruitment books for many RP guilds. Faiiling that the rp groups on this forum all have sign up posts.

:)
Posted Image

Nazdrek

Nazdrek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well as it would be I have joined a Guild and it just happened to be yours Gilliam. I am the newest recruit for Knights Hospitaller.:cheesy:

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
Congrats there neighbor

Hope you enjoy it!

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Twothumb

Twothumb

Guardian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
Welcome onboard the train..(wreck)

Posted Image

5 Chalk Street, Derndelf , Shire Homesteads
Kinship House in Derndelf also at 4 Brookbank Street

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
Europa's still best arr! :P *bump*

Hanse Davion [-V-], Haleorn [DDi], Angfan [Clw]

1998 - 2010

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Lake Austin is leading the way. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Haleorn

Haleorn

Vesparian

• Members
  • 1,538 posts
Hehe, its a fact that no shard can really compare to Europa for roleplaying. Other shards communities have risen and fallen, but the RP scene on Europa has been together since the beginning I say! And still going on. Since I'm obviously plugging Europa here, I'll plug Vesper as well. We're a medium sized guild (one of something in the range of 30-40 interacting RP guilds on Europa) and welcoming new folks ;)

Posted Image

There are those that are smaller than us, and those that are three or more times our size on average. But we're still gettin' by. Thats just a snap of some Militia making a patrol around Covetous to check for pesky Covian miners that might be stealing our mountains minerals.

Hanse Davion [-V-], Haleorn [DDi], Angfan [Clw]

1998 - 2010

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Europa is great for playing serfdoms and fiefdoms, but scripts get old, you have to step out of character to kill some monster. Spontaenous role play is something all shards are lacking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sylvester

Sylvester

Suffering Succotash, I've created a kindergarten Frankenstei

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Well Maddux, you may have a point there, and that's something I noticed when I started, so I'm trying to RP the way you say, ie the world we live in is the world we live in.
So Europa is the best for me. For now.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Everyone has a best shard. It just takes some finding is all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sylvester

Sylvester

Suffering Succotash, I've created a kindergarten Frankenstei

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Now you're absolutly right. Again.
So instead of having talks about where's the best shard, we should be pointing out what you can find in each shard, and then, someone new would have a better idea of where to find what he/she was looking for.

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I agree with you Orlando. As role players, we should be attracting others to role play in general instead of bickering which is the best shard. The truth be told, where ever role play is, that is a better shard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ooc, roleplaying, shard