Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

[OOC] Best shard for roleplaying?

- - - - - ooc roleplaying shard

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Jhaelyrr

Jhaelyrr

Thou art giving me reagents? I thank thee!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Which is exactly why I think they never have :/ It is a good thought though, and I wish they'd try something to see if it'd be possible.

Posted Image

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
RP shard exists in almost every MMORPG except UO...and trust me when I say it's awesome. Unfortunatly, UO has a hard time with it's GM's on normal shards, which is where it would fail. :(

Policing them are quite easy, as there are certain rules and the RP community calls a GM when they see things happening. In EQ2 for example, there are usually no questions asked. Stupid name? Character deleted. Someone spamming or being an idiot? They do a quick watch over the situation and determine if it is indeed RP or something more. They are pretty good at it..

Usually people who are trying to RP a mean person, know how to do it well and not come off as an immature 9 year old.

Unfortunatly, UO doesn't have the support power to carry out such a feat I think.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Well, what about us making our own community? I'd move over to siege, if I had some people to hang with. Anyone else?

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
Sure...I'm actually placing a house on Siege again this week..so you can live with me Adri...lol

I'll probably place near Spyder and Kat...and you should see people quite often around there. It's near Iantown and Umbra...

Posted Image
Posted Image

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

It's near Iantown and Umbra...

*chuckles*

Which good for you and bad for me! Just kidding!!!

I hate Malas.. ideally I'd be on Fire Isle if there were any spots open. But the location is a great alternative. There are several player towns/guilds in the area.. EB2, Iantown, Waka, TnT.. of course you can't beat having Maleeka right next door.. and Cybernickel just down the road. *grin*

Dragonreborn_KmR

Dragonreborn_KmR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Is there an open spot for anoither house?

Posted Image

Thradia

Thradia

*licks*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
Yes, there is plenty of open space in Siege in Malas. Where I placed today there is definatly room on both sides of me for a few houses.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Dragonreborn_KmR

Dragonreborn_KmR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Cool beans, i need to start uinloading stuff out of the house i never use then heh.

Posted Image

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

I really wish they would make a rp shard....

I tried finding a good one but in the end went back to Sonoma and thats only because of my old guildmates, I missed them more then I missed the actual game.

Darn, Dragon. I wish we'd had a little more time with you on Origin. Unfortunately, while you were around, the rp community here had a little upheaval, and by the time it was settled, I could no longer find you.:(
Maybe we should try to work out a little x-shard rp.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
I know this was about US shards, but I just can't resist the urge to say Europa is teh pwnage when it comes to RP. Sure there's all the ridiculous ego and guild politics issues as always, but at least people do RP. And not just the oganized full time RPers, but "regular folk" make a bit of effort often as well.

Good luck in the search.

Posted Image

Venner Blackhand

Venner Blackhand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
I am actually quite suprised no one from Catskills has come to its defense (or to advertise for that matter). I am the GM of a 40+ member guild called Kingdom of Inethria, we have our own small town and hold daily events. One such event can be found on uo.stratics right now.

Anyways, someone said the RP on Catskills was on Felucca and that isn't true (to my knowledge). If you are looking for Role-players on Catskills hang around Yew or Skara in Trammel. Just East of Yew is a town called Aegis, a city run by the Emerald Kingdom of Connemara, Heart of Silverwood (elves), and several other guilds. There are also orcs, drow, vampires, and pretty much any other type of RP group you could ever look for. If anyone wants more information, please feel free to ICQ me or leave a message here.

However, *insert guild plug here* KoI is a great experience and would love to see you around. We are always looking for active dedicated roleplayers to expand our kingdom.

Avalyn

Avalyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm new to the game, but I've been roleplaying for god knows how long (LARPing, even. Yes, I know.) If you lot went to a server with the idea of roleplaying, I'd love to join you. But I should probably learn how to play the game first.

:)

Venner Blackhand

Venner Blackhand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
Avalyn, I sent you a personal message, but we'd love to show you the ropes on Catskills if you so desire.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
I was running around on Atlantic and the guild leader of BoC from Europa recruited me to come over and try Europa to join BoC. It's some kind of RP guild that bases itself in Cove. Upon further investigation, it's like 180+ members strong, which is quite impressive for a RP guild.

Venner Blackhand

Venner Blackhand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
Baronship of Cove, I've heard of them and read their website, very well organized. KoI on Catskills is great too (hint hint)

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Hehehe, I would move but I just moved to Atlantic and settled down. it's hard to keep moving left and right. I've gone from Baja, to Chessy, and now Atlantic. :P

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Upon further investigation, it's like 180+ members strong, which is quite impressive for a RP guild.

You can prolly divide that by 5 or so considering the multiple characters single players have, the alternate characters other RPers have yet rarely use, and characters who are still members but are seen practically never. BoC recruits aggressively so the number looks impressive but of course there's never that many actual characters online.

Didn't mean to knock the guild though, I'm sure they're good fun. Been around long enough and gained a rep so they gotta be doing something right.

Posted Image

Venner Blackhand

Venner Blackhand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
Well... that is a problem in every and all RP guilds. I know some people on Catskills have dozens (yes, you heard me right) of characters in different RP guilds. It makes the community look much bigger than it is.

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts

You can prolly divide that by 5 or so considering the multiple characters single players have, the alternate characters other RPers have yet rarely use, and characters who are still members but are seen practically never. BoC recruits aggressively so the number looks impressive but of course there's never that many actual characters online.

Didn't mean to knock the guild though, I'm sure they're good fun. Been around long enough and gained a rep so they gotta be doing something right.

Actually BoC is very active and has more members online than others alot of the time, them and GRD. at most i'd devide it by 3. And no I'm not in BoC.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Reed

Reed

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,783 posts
Grd and BoC on Europa are the best, choose from the good loyalist (Grd) Or the "Evil" Rebel force (BoC) you gotta love em

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ooc, roleplaying, shard